Here’s How I Found a Needle in a Haystack with MyHeritage Complete
ENDS TODAY! This special 50% off offer has been extended –
From time to time I will do some research for a friend to either help them solve a family history mystery or start them on their own path to successful finds. Earlier this year I had a difficult case: a family photo from the early 1900’s in Siberia, Russia where the owner wanted to determine if there were any living descendants. The family story? During the Russian Revolution, some of the family fled across the river to Harbin, China and then migrated to San Francisco, California in the 1920’s.
Knowing only four names of the people in the photo (a grandmother and her eight grandchildren), I kept hitting brick wall after brick wall. Until I went to the MyHeritage Complete subscription I have and then BOOM! I got way more clues than I found on any other site!
Why? Here’s how the research unfolded:
- With MyHeritage features for translation I could use either the Russian text on the back of the photo OR use the family story information in English.
- MyHeritage Complete gave me access to US records including city directories for San Francisco where I could track where the descendants lived.
- I also found San Francisco newspaper articles about the descendants on MyHeritage.
- As well as naturalization and immigration records – including a very important but not-so-obvious name change!
And the best part? Because MyHeritage has so many European and Russian users, I found a person who just might be a living descendant! I’m in contact with the user and we’re double checking our research!
I’m finishing up this special mystery and with my friend’s permission I’ll be outlining the entire process of finding living descendants step-by-step. In the meantime, when was the last time you found a needle in a haystack for your genealogy research? And isn’t it always in the place where you don’t look?
When was the last time you took MyHeritage for a test drive? If you haven’t checked in lately, you may not realize how MyHeritage can help you make advances on your DNA, genealogy, and family history research.
Why I Find Myself Using MyHeritage More and More Lately
As you can imagine many attendees will ask me questions and want to “pick my brain” in between lectures and afterwards. This is another aspect of my job that I love since it gives me an indication of the current issues for genealogists and family historians. One question I get frequently: “Should I be using MyHeritage?” or “What’s the best site to use if I have European ancestry?” or “Why do you like using MyHeritage?”
I always tell genealogists that there is no “easy button” in genealogy and NO WEBSITE will provide easy answers. But you need to spend time understanding all the features of a site like MyHeritage and maximize your time spent there.
What do you really know about MyHeritage? Some of you may have recently taken advantage of free records access at My Heritage. Some of you may have uploaded a small family tree to MyHeritage. Here are the newer features I use the most at MyHeritage and the ones that have really helped me with my own research:
- DNA Matching: MyHeritage has made recent improvements in its DNA Matching technology and I’ve found lots of new matches. And these are in the 1st to 3rd cousin range, not 4th to 6th cousin like AncestryDNA’s matching. Also, I love that DNA Matches allows me to see the surnames I have in common with my matches!
- True Worldwide Coverage: This is a big one for me especially as I am working on my European genealogy research. MyHeritage has over 99 million users, 3.2 billion profiles, and 9.6 billion international historical records, as well as an online community of users around the world. When I have questions about German archives and records I know I can get answers from other users on MyHeritage.
- SmartMatching™: Finds matching profiles in family trees, enabling users to discover new ancestors and relatives, and connect with other users.
- RecordMatching™: Automatic matches between people and historical records.
- Consistency Checker: Scans your family tree and identifies mistakes and inconsistencies in your data so that you could make the necessary changes in your tree, improving its overall quality and accuracy.
- 24/7 Customer Service: Great toll-free customer support 24 hours a day / 7 days a week for most countries.
Exclusive Offer – 50% Off MyHeritage
MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
IMPORTANT! If you DO NOT SEE THE $149 PRICE, please do one of the following:
- Clear your Internet browser cache including cookies;
- Clear just your MyHeritage cookies; or
- Use another browser and/or use an “incognito” window
Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only*. The normal price is $299 USD and you’ll pay just $149 USD for a full year’s access to the following:
- Private family site with unlimited capacity
- Automatic Record Matches
- Vital records from 48 countries
- Smart Matches™ with 43 million trees
- Record Detective™
- Book Matching
- Pedigree Map™
- Sun Charts™
- Consistency Checker
- NEW Photo Discoveries™
- Over 9.5 billion historical records
- Start a new tree or import GEDCOM
- Unlimited photo storage
- Apps for iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- Military and immigration records
- 1790-1940 US census
- 1841-1911 England & Wales census
- Compilation of Published Sources collection with over 450,000 books and 91 million pages
- Family Tree Builder premium software
50% Off MyHeritage Complete – EXTENDED Through Sunday, May 26th!
This offer must end TODAY, Sunday, May 26th. Don’t put this off – get ready for a year filled with awesome genealogy finds and get everything you need at MyHeritage! Click HERE to get started today.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.