Save 50% on US Discovery and World Explorer memberships at Ancestry!
This offer is for NEW MEMBERS* only! Save 50% on the US Discovery and the World Explorer 6-month subscriptions!
- US Discovery 6-month subscription, regularly $99 USD, you pay just $49 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- World Explorer 6-month subscription, regularly $149 USD, you pay just $74 USD. Click HERE to get started!
This offer is valid through Monday, January 7th, 2019!
Offers end January 7, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offers available for new subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Offers only valid for 6‑month U.S. Discovery and World Explorer memberships. Billed in one payment of $49 for a 6-month subscription to U.S. Discovery or $74 for a 6‑month subscription to World Explorer. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory offer. If you don’t want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section or by contacting us. See our Renewal and Cancellation Terms for further details.
*Note: if you have NOT had an Ancestry membership in the past 90 days, you qualify as a “new member.” Purchase the membership, then contact Ancestry to have them connect your “new” membership to your “old” account login.
How to Save Money Renewing Your Ancestry Membership
Note that Ancestry almost NEVER has a sale on renewing your Ancestry membership – this just does not work with their business model. But there are ways that we’ve found to save money on Ancestry renewals:
- Save 30% with your AARP membership! That’s right, you can get a World Access membership for 30% off. This is a ONE TIME ONLY offer and you should only use this when you are close to your renewal date. Click HERE and then CALL the number listed about one week prior to your renewal date.
- Cancel and Wait up to 91 Days. Now that’s a weird number right? Not really . . . here at Genealogy Bargains we make it a habit to study Ancestry’s marketing practices. Once you cancel, you will receive email offers to re-subscribe. Wait until at least 91 days after your cancellation date. Why? Then you can qualify as a “new subscriber” and get the best deals. Keep in mind that you may need to then call Ancestry and have them link your old tree etc.
- Call Ancestry and ask for a discount. One of the best ways to get a discount on your renewal is to CALL Ancestry (click HERE for a list of phone numbers) when it is close to your renewal date. Tell them you are considering cancelling your subscription. See what kind of offer they make – we’ve heard reports of up to 60% off in order to get Ancestry customers to keep their subscription active.
- Get Ancestry access for FREE. What? YES! Many public libraries and even genealogy society libraries, as well as Family Search Centers have access on-site to Ancestry’s Library Edition. You won’t have the convenience of access at home but you will be able to access Ancestry for free!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.