Finding Birth Families Using DNA Boot Camp – Saturday, November 18, 2017
If you are ready, click HERE to register and get the early bird price of just $19.99 USD – no promo code needed!
Every day, adoptees and other with unknown parents, such as foundlings, donor-conceived individuals, and others are able to find their birth families with DNA testing. DNA is a powerful tool that can be used to find a birth father, for example.
Typically, after someone has their DNA tested at one of the DNA testing companies, distant relatives are found, such as second, third, or fourth cousins. From this, family trees are built “up” to grandparents, great grandparents, and further back. Overlap in the matches’ trees are found, oftentimes using “Mirror Trees.” Then, trees are built “down” to include all discoverable descendants of those ancestors.
This online education event is intended for people searching for their own biological parents and those with parents or ancestors who were adopted or otherwise have unknown parents.
If you’re ready, you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our sixth DNA online event entitled Finding Birth Families Using DNA on Saturday, November 18, 2017. [NOTE: If you cannot attend the live event but want to access the materials for later use, please wait until Monday, November 20th when the digital download will be available for purchase at the same low price!]
I’ll be your host and moderator while Mary shows us the best methods and tools to find birth families that only DNA results can solve. Mary will also answer your questions live during each webinar.
- Using DNA for Adoption & Unknown Parentage Work: In many states, adoptees have no or limited rights to information on their birth families. This is why DNA is important for many adoptees looking for their birth families. Learn techniques and resources for adoptees and others with unknown parents.
- Adoption & Unknown Parentage Case Studies: This webinar describes two case studies of adoptees. Both used DNA to find their birth families. Learn the steps required for each case.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 13, 2017 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts and access to the recordings!
Saturday November 18, 2017
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 10:00 am CST
Using DNA for Adoption & Unknown Parentage Work
- 11:30 am CST
- 12:00 pm CST
Adoption & Unknown Parentage Case Studies
- 1:30 pm CST
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. His latest endeavor is Abundant Genealogy, a site filled with free resources for genealogists and family historians of all skill levels.
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
NOTE: Due to recent problems with making payments via Paypal, please read carefully the updated instructions below to ensure payment. You are not registered until payment is made!
- Click HERE to register. Once you register you will need to make payment via Paypal. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- Check your junk email and spam folders for an email from GoToTraining asking you to complete the payment process.
- IMPORTANT: If you encounter any problems making payment, please email me at email@example.com. I can create a Paypal invoice and email it to you making it easier to pay.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive “reminder” emails 1 day and 1 hour before the start of the Boot Camp. IMPORTANT: SAVE THIS EMAIL – it has a JOIN NOW button at the end of the email – it is your only access point to the live event!
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handouts so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved