Watch your online genealogy research BLOSSOM with MyHeritage Complete!
From time to time I will do some research for a friend to either help them solve a family history mystery or start them on their own path to successful finds. Earlier this year I had a difficult case: a family photo from the early 1900’s in Siberia, Russia where the owner wanted to determine if there were any living descendants. The family story? During the Russian Revolution, some of the family fled across the river to Harbin, China and then migrated to San Francisco, California in the 1920’s.
Knowing only four names of the people in the photo (a grandmother and her eight grandchildren), I kept hitting brick wall after brick wall. Until I went to the MyHeritage Complete subscription I have and then BOOM! I got way more clues than I found on any other site!
Why? Here’s how the research unfolded:
- With MyHeritage features for translation I could use either the Russian text on the back of the photo OR use the family story information in English.
- MyHeritage Complete gave me access to US records including city directories for San Francisco where I could track where the descendants lived.
- I also found San Francisco newspaper articles about the descendants on MyHeritage.
- As well as naturalization and immigration records – including a very important but not-so-obvious name change!
And the best part? Because MyHeritage has so many European and Russian users, I found a person who just might be a living descendant! I’m in contact with the user and we’re double checking our research!
When was the last time you took MyHeritage for a test drive? If you haven’t checked in lately, you may not realize how MyHeritage can help you make advances on your DNA, genealogy, and family history research.
Why I Find Myself Using MyHeritage More and More Lately
As you can imagine many attendees will ask me questions and want to “pick my brain” in between lectures and afterwards. This is another aspect of my job that I love since it gives me an indication of the current issues for genealogists and family historians. One question I get frequently: “Should I be using MyHeritage?” or “What’s the best site to use if I have European ancestry?” or “Why do you like using MyHeritage?”
I always tell genealogists that there is no “easy button” in genealogy and NO WEBSITE will provide easy answers. But you need to spend time understanding all the features of a site like MyHeritage and maximize your time spent there.
What do you really know about MyHeritage? Some of you may have recently taken advantage of free records access at My Heritage. Some of you may have uploaded a small family tree to MyHeritage. Here are the newer features I use the most at MyHeritage and the ones that have really helped me with my own research:
- Unlimited family tree size (option to upload a GEDCOM file)
- 10.1 billion international historical records
- Unlimited colorization of black and white photos with MyHeritage In Color™
- Automatic Smart Matches™ with millions of family trees
- Automatic Record Matches
- Instant Discoveries™, which can add an entire branch to your family tree with 1 click
- Consistency Checker, which automatically identifies inaccuracies in your tree
- Advanced DNA features
- Family Tree Builder software premium edition
- Priority customer support via phone and email 24/7
Exclusive Offer – 50% Off MyHeritage
MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
IMPORTANT! If you DO NOT SEE THE $149 PRICE, please do one of the following:
- Clear your Internet browser cache including cookies;
- Clear just your MyHeritage cookies; or
- Use another browser and/or use an “incognito” window
Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only. The normal price is $299 USD and you’ll pay just $149 USD for a full year’s access.
50% Off MyHeritage Complete – Through Saturday, April 4th!
This offer must end Saturday, April 4th. Don’t put this off – get ready for a year filled with awesome genealogy finds and get everything you need at MyHeritage! Click HERE to get started today.
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.