VE Day 75th Anniversary! Get FREE ACCESS to over MILLIONS of UK Records at Ancestry UK
Get FREE ACCESS* to Ancestry UK’s ENTIRE UK Records collection NOW through 11:59 pm (GMT) Sunday, May 10th, 2020. This includes the UK & Irish WWI and WWII Wartime Records Collection. “Discover your family’s WWII story! We’re proudly working with the UK Government to commemorate the 75th anniversary of VE Day.” VIEW DETAILS
How to Access FREE RECORDS at Ancestry UK
If you access Ancestry.com as a US resident, you will need to do the following:
- Access the offer HERE. A warning may appear asking if you want to remain on the Ancestry.co.uk site:
- Create an account on the Ancestry UK site. If you already have an account, sign in.
- Now you will be able to access the free records and save the images to your computer
Ancestry UK Records available via FREE ACCESS!
- The 1939 Register: Start your search with the 1939 register‑taken at the outset of WWII. This formed the basis of the NHS register and holds ration cards. START YOUR SEARCH
- UK D‑Day War Diaries and Photographs: Discover selected War Diaries from D‑Day as well as collections of photographs from the front line. START YOUR SEARCH
- UK Military Campaign Medal and Award Rolls 1793-1949: What medals are in your family? Uncover the name, date, and location of a campaign, the soldier’s name, and the regiment or unit name. START YOUR SEARCH
- Civilian Gallantry Records: From air raid wardens to firewatchers, these records are full of acts of bravery by civilians during the war. Find out if one of your ancestors was an unsung hero. START YOUR SEARCH
- UK British Prisoners of War 1939‑1945: These records contain listings of World War II British Army, Navy and Air Force prisoners of war. From names to camp types, there’s plenty to uncover. START YOUR SEARCH
*Note: Access to the UK records in the featured collections will be free until 10 May 2020 23:59 GMT. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. We will then send you a username and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership.“
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.