Attend a Genealogy Seminar from HOME! FREE Online All Day Seminar with MyHeritage and Legacy Family Tree Webinars
MyHeritage One-Day Genealogy Seminar, Wednesday, May 15, 2019 with presenters Thomas MacEntee, Daniel Horowitz and Garri Regev LIVE from the MyHeritage headquarters in Or Yehuda, Israel.
- Genealogy Pit Stop: Research in 15 Minute Increments presented by Thomas MacEntee, Wednesday, May 15th, 8:15 am Eastern / 7:15 am Central / 6:15 am Mountain / 5:15 am Pacific / 12:15 pm GMT. “You have 15 minutes before you need to _____________ (pick up the grandchildren / wash the dog / make dinner . . .). Is it really possible to do meaningful genealogy research in that short time period? Are you putting of researching an ancestor because you believe you need a two or three hour block of time? Learn how to use the Genealogy Pit Stop concept to succeed in the research race!” Click HERE to register for FREE!
- New Advanced Features and Technologies presented by Daniel Horowitz, Wednesday, May 15th, 9:15 am Eastern / 8:15 am Central / 7:15 am Mountain / 6:15 am Pacific / 1:15 pm GMT. “MyHeritage has an excellent technology to help you find relatives and records, but are you taking full advantage of this website? Come and learn the best less known features MyHeritage have to help you maximize your time and effort to discover your family history.” Click HERE to register for FREE!
- City Directories: No Town Too Small, No Clue Too Little presented by Thomas MacEntee, Wednesday, May 15th,10:30 am Eastern / 9:30 am Central / 8:30 am Mountain / 7:30 am Pacific / 2:30 pm GMT. “Most genealogists aren’t taking full advantage of all the clues available in city directories. Learn how go beyond a mere “lookup” of your ancestor and their family. Understand how city directories were created, the secrets of various abbreviations, and how to use the F.A.N. Club approach to getting the most information possible.” Click HERE to register for FREE!
- APPsolutely Genealogy! presented by Garri Regev, Wednesday, May 15th,11:30 am Eastern / 10:30 am Central / 9:30 am Mountain / 8:30 am Pacific / 3:30 pm GMT. “Technology has changed the way we do research. Many Apps can be combined with traditional methods of genealogy research and play a role in preserving our family story for future generations. Use of these apps can be a way to involve multiple generations and increase cooperation between family members. This lecture will feature a selection of apps and their possible uses regarding genealogy such as cemetery documentation, data organization, family trees, mapping, photo albums, recipes, scanners, scrapbooks, voice recording and more.” Click HERE to register for FREE!
Presenter: Thomas MacEntee
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional based in the United States who is also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, online community builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. Currently Thomas shares many of his articles and videos for free at Abundant Genealogy and also runs the popular Genealogy Bargains and DNA Bargains websites!
Thomas describes himself as a lifelong learner with a background in a multitude of topics who has finally figured out what he does best: teach, inspire, instigate, and serve as a curator and go-to-guy for concept nurturing and inspiration. Thomas is a big believer in success, and that we all succeed when we help each other find success.
Presenter: Daniel Horowitz
Daniel Horowitz is the Genealogy Expert at MyHeritage, providing key contributions liaising with genealogy societies, bloggers and media, as well as lecturing, and attending conferences around the world. Dedicated to Genealogy since 1986, he was the teacher and the study guide editor of the family history project “Searching for My Roots” in Venezuela for 15 years. Daniel is involved in several crowdsource digitization and transcription projects and holds a board level position at the Israel Genealogy Research Association (IGRA).
Presenter: Garri Regev
Garri Regev has lived in Israel since 1978 and was an elementary teacher for more than 20 years there. Garri has been doing genealogical research for over 20 years. She has lectured in Genealogy to many adult groups including Hadassah, Touro College, the Central Zionist Archives, EVA/MINERVA and IAJGS Conferences. Garri currently volunteers at the Israel Museum, at the CZA and the NLI Genealogy Center. She was President of the Israel Genealogical Society and of the Israel Genealogy Research Association. She was the Vice-Chair of the 2015 IAJGS Conference in Jerusalem and co-chair of program. Currently Garri is a Board Member of the LitvakSIG, the primary internet resource for Lithuanian-Jewish (Litvak) genealogy research worldwide Special Interest Group.
Save 15% on Legacy Family Tree Webinars Membership
All live webinars are free and their recordings are free to watch for the first seven (7) days. But with a subscription to FamilyTreeWebinars.com you get these additional benefits:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 907 classes, 1,183 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 4,013 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars’ chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
Save 15% on an Annual Membership: Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
Visit https://www.genealogybargains.com/lftwebinars for more information.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved