Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp – Saturday, January 19, 2019
Click HERE to pay and register all in one step!
The GEDMatch and Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches Boot Camp is designed for people who’ve already tested but who want to do more with their DNA test results. The first webinar covers the website, GEDMatch, which has been in the news lately. It’s a free genealogical website that can help with your research. The second webinar covers ways of determining who your matches are—even if they don’t respond to your emails or messages.
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of webinars PLUS some amazing handouts!
DNA Boot Camp Topics
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have DNA matches, but no names, let alone trees? Oftentimes, their identities can be found, and your family’s connection to them! Learn about clues to figure out who they are and other important information. DNA testing companies provide many clues. Explore resources to investigate your DNA matches, including free and subscription-based websites.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of just $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register TODAY and receive $6 off the registration price for only $19.99! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you will still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST
Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
- 12:30 pm EST/11:30 am CST
- 1:00 pm EST /12:00 pm CST
Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
- 2:30 pm EST / 1:30 pm CST
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. His latest endeavor is Abundant Genealogy, a site filled with free resources for genealogists and family historians of all skill levels.
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
NOTE: We’ve improved our registration process so that once you make payment, you are automatically registered via GoToWebinar for the DNA Boot Camp. However, GoToWebinar uses the email address used to make payment for registration! If you want to be notified at another email address, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click HERE to make payment via Paypal using a credit card. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment – scroll down and click Use Debit Card or Credit Card.
- Check your junk email and spam folders for an email from GoToWebinar confirming your registration for the DNA Boot Camp.
- IMPORTANT: If you encounter any problems making payment, please email me at email@example.com. I can create a Paypal invoice and email it to you making it easier to pay.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive “reminder” emails 1 day and 1 hour before the start of the Boot Camp. IMPORTANT: SAVE THESE EMAILS since they contain your “connection” link to the live webinars.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handouts so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.