Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, April 27, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- FREE! DNA Buying Guide – download your copy HERE!
- 23andMe: Mother’s Day Sale – Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR 20% Off – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save on Amazon Prime BEFORE the price increase! – SEE BELOW
- NEW! Amazon: FREE E-book Summer’s Complaint: My family’s courageous, century-long struggle with a rare genetic cancer syndrome – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save up to 64% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Amazon: FREE EBOOK The 15 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 40% on 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA: Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA Canada: Save 30% on AncestryDNA – just $89 CAD – CLICK HERE
- Family ChartMasters: FREE SHIPPING with code FREESHIP – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Family Finder just $49 USD and save up to 40% on other DNA test kits – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 78% on Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- Genealogy Gems: FREE SHIPPING on Genetics for the Genealogist guides – use promo code THOMASDNA – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: 50% Off All DNA Boot Camp Digital Downloads – CLICK HERE
- Picture Keeper: Save up to 65% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
Amazon Prime – Lock in $99 USD Price BEFORE Planned Increase
Amazon has announced that the price of its popular Amazon Prime subscription service is going up to $119 USD annually (from $99 USD) starting June 16, 2018. Not only is this incentive to finally get a Prime membership, but what do you do if you are a current Amazon Prime member but your renewal date is AFTER June 16th? We have a possible solution*! Here is what worked the last time Amazon raised the price of Prime from $79 USD to $99 USD:
- Click HERE to purchase an Amazon Prime Gift Membership. Send the Membership to yourself and pay for it NOW at the $99 USD price.
- Go to your Amazon Prime settings and make sure you check your auto-renew settings. Click the Remind me before renewing link in the left sidebar to receive an email three days before your renewal takes place.
- Make sure you place a reminder on your calendar to redeem your Amazon Prime gift certificate BEFORE the renewal date. You will need to CANCEL your membership and then redeem the gift card.
I realize this might be too much hassle for some people, but for others saving $20 USD is important.
National DNA Day Sales – Final Update
National DNA Day sales are ALMOST OVER! This is likely your last chance for BIG SAVINGS until the Black Friday/Cyber Monday holiday in November. Here is a quick list of all the deals:
- 23andMe: Mother’s Day Sale – Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR 20% Off
- AncestryDNA: Save 40% on AncestryDNA $59 USD!
- AncestryDNA Canada: Save 30% on AncestryDNA $89 CAD!
- Family Tree DNA: Family Finder $49 USD!
And don’t forget to use the links below including Amazon links which offer FREE SHIPPING to Amazon Prime members on DNA test kits!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
“I thought there might be something wrong with your mother’s family.” Those words, spoken by a grandmother to her eleven-year-old granddaughter, sparked a search for answers to a mystery spanning five generations.
Familial adenomatous polyposis is a rare, genetic cancer predisposition syndrome caused by a deletion mutation in the APC gene on chromosome 5. By the age of fifty, nearly 99 percent of untreated patients will have developed cancer.
This is the dark shadow that has lingered over one Midwestern family since at least 1911, when Mary Regan Baker was seen at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for symptoms of a disorder that would become commonplace in her descendants.
Through deeply touching personal stories of love, heartbreak, and hope, Summer’s Complaint explores the meaning of family and how tragic loss leads to the remaking of life in the face of a rare genetic mutation.
Print version $14.95, Amazon Kindle version is FREE! Click HERE to download via Amazon Kindle
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR Take 20% Off* during Mother’s Day Sale at 23andMe – “We love mom genes.™ No two moms (or grandmas) are alike but every mom will love this gift.” If you purchase two kits and get one free (you can mix and match the Ancestry Service and the Ancestry Service + Health kits), you can save up to 30% of the FULL PRICE ($99 USD Ancestry Service and $199 USD Ancestry Service + Health)!
Otherwise, each kit is just 20% off: the Ancestry Service test kit (autosomal DNA test, compare to AncestryDNA), regularly $99 USD, is now just $79.20 USD! The Ancestry Service + Health test kit, which also provides health information based on DNA, regularly $199 USD, is now just $159.20 USD! Sale valid through May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe
*Note: Buy any 23andMe kit and receive 20% off each kit, or, purchase any two (2) 23andMe kits at regular price and receive the third (3rd) kit, that is of equal or lesser value, for free. Customers can mix and match kits. The Buy 2 Kits and Get 1 Free offer can only be applied once per order, any additional kits will receive 20% off. Savings based on regular price per kit (Ancestry Service $99 / Health + Ancestry $199). Offer ends May 13, 2018.
FREE SHIPPING via Amazon!
Want to save money and get 23andMe at the same Mother’s Day Sale prices (20% off only – no Buy 2 Get 1 available) PLUS FREE One-Day Shipping? If you have an Amazon Prime membership, click HERE and order your test through Amazon!
Save up to 64% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean!
Some advice: the Home version is really all you need and it is available in a download version (no shipping fee) or with a CD installation.
Save 64% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $35.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
LAST DAY! FREE EBOOK The 15 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee. “Researching your family history can be fun, but like many hobbies, it can turn into an obsession, and an expensive one at that. There are many ways to save money while you pursue the “hunt” for your roots: some are just common sense while others are, frankly, ingenious. Also keep in mind that it doesn’t pay to be so focused on “frugal” that in the long run you either lose money or that genealogy is no longer “fun.”
The title of this book is misleading, and intentionally so. The fact is, you’ll find over 30 amazing ways to save money when purchasing genealogy-related products and services. You may already be using some of these tricks, but I guarantee that once you starting using some of the more unusual money-saving tips, you’ll say to yourself, “Now, why didn’t I think of that!”
Regularly $2.99 USD, now FREE TODAY ONLY! Click HERE to download – via Amazon
FREE SHIPPING at Family ChartMasters on DNA Ethnicity Charts and more! “A beautiful new way to display the results of a genetic family history test has been created for the millions of people who are getting to know their ancestors through DNA testing. Family ChartMasters, the genealogy chart printing leader for over 15 years, has designed a new DNA ethnicity chart to help family history enthusiasts show off their genetic heritage.”
Once you have your Ancestry DNA results, click HERE to access the data input form at Family ChartMasters. Enter your name, select the template and the type of output (paper, canvas or even PDF for download) and then start entering your DNA results. You can even add a photo of yourself. Once you are finished, preview the chart and then make your purchase! Pricing starts at just $19.95.
Remember to use code FREESHIP at checkout to claim your free shipping savings! Sale valid through Monday, April 30th – Click HERE to shop – via Family ChartMasters
Save 78% on Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! ”Your DNA results are a fantastic tool in your genealogy research. In fact, genetic genealogy can be the key to breaking down pesky brick walls and find new branches of your family tree. Get the most out of your DNA results and discover how to dig deeper into your family history with the resources in this huge collection. You’ll get everything from a breakdown of the types of tests offered to how to use your results to find living relatives and common ancestors. And with a whopping 78% discount, you’ll discover a plethora of tools and techniques for understanding and analyzing your results, from GEDMatch and Evernote to triangulation and new ways to view your own tree, to solve family mysteries and break down brick walls.
Best of all, the Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection features digital products you can download right away while you’re waiting for your book to arrive in the mail; you get instant access to everything!” This MEGA Collection includes:
- The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy (paperback)
- Using DNA to Solve Family Mysteries (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy Cheat Sheet (digital download)
- Jump into GEDMatch (video download)
- DNA Triangulation: What It Is and How to Use It (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy: Tools to Analyze DNA Results (video download)
- Using Evernote to Track Your DNA Data (video download)
- Dealing with Your DNA Matches (video download)
- Genetic Mismatch: DNA Conflicts in Your Family Tree (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy and Y-Chromosomal Testing (video download)
- Using DNAGEDcom (video download)
- Which Test is Best? (video download)
Regularly over $459.88 USD, now just $99 USD! Valid through April 30th or while supplies last. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Save up to 65% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 32GB Picture Keeper with 16,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $129.99, for just $44.99! Sale valid through April 29th. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
Save 40% at AncestryDNA: Get AncestryDNA for just $59 USD*! “For National DNA Day (April 25th), celebrate how the discoveries through Ancestry can unlock more meaningful travel experiences. AncestryDNA can estimate your origins more than 350 regions around the world. From discovering your ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, Ancestry is the best way to uncover the people, places, and stories in your unique heritage. With Ancestry, your next travel adventure can be more than a destination. It can be a more authentic experience that connects you to the places your ancestors called home.” Regularly $99 USD, you pay just $59 USD! Sale valid through Sunday, April 29th. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA
IMPORTANT! ANCESTRY MEMBERS and PREVIOUS ANCESTRY DNA CUSTOMERS: Current Ancestry members who are logged in, and who have already done a DNA test with Ancestry will see the price appear as $79 USD! Here is the workaround: click on the banner ad that appears at the top of the page – you should see the $59 USD price! Click HERE then wait for the $59 USD banner ad to appear to get the $59 USD sale price!
Save 30% on AncestryDNA Canada – just $89 CAD! “AncestryDNA will reveal your unique DNA story, connecting you with ethnic regions around the world. Let your DNA show you the way! SAVE 30% this DNA Day and discover your history.” Regularly $129 CAD, now just $89 CAD! Sale valid through Monday, April 30th. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA Canada
LAST DAY! Save 25% on AncestryDNA UK – just £59! “AncestryDNA will reveal your unique DNA story, connecting you with ethnic regions around the world. SAVE 25% this DNA Day and discover your history.” Regularly £79, now just £59! Sale valid through Thursday, April 26th. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA UK
FREE SHIPPING on Genetics for the Genealogist guides from Genealogy Gems! “DNA testing is an incredible tool for genealogists. But with several different types of tests and testing companies, hundreds of matches, and lots of technical jargon, it can be challenging to make sense of it all. Your DNA Guide Diahan Southard has written these DNA Quick Guides to help you pick the right test, understand your results, and take the next steps with your matches.”
Two brand new guides including:
- Breaking Down Brick Walls with DNA: This guide is for you if you want to learn about chromosome browsers, working with known and unknown relatives, and how to find a family tree for those DNA matches that don’t have a tree! Priced at $8.95 USD.
- MyHeritage DNA: If you’ve tested at MyHeritage DNA, this guide will help you explore all of their features like estimated relationships, integrated genealogy tools including the SmartMatchesTM, the Chromosome Browser, and their ethnicity report. Priced at $8.95 USD.
Also BIG SAVINGS on DNA Guide Bundles! The DNA Super Bundle with ALL 10 GUIDES, regularly $89.50 USD, now just $64.95 USD – you save 27%!
You must use promo code THOMASDNA at checkout to get FREE SHIPPING. Sale valid through April 30th. Click HERE to shop – via Genealogy Gems.
FREE DOWNLOAD – DNA Buying Guide by Thomas MacEntee – If you are planning on purchasing a DNA test kit for yourself, as a gift, several tests for family members, or have a specific testing need, DNA Buying Guide provides you with the best strategy as you navigate all the different sales offers on DNA test kits and related genetic genealogy products.
With this handy guide, you’ll get answers to the following questions:
- Which DNA test kit should you purchase? Should you buy now or wait for an upcoming sale?
- Which DNA testing companies are the best? Is there a difference?
- What type of DNA test should you purchase?
- What are your DNA research goals?
- Which is the best DNA test kit to purchase?
DNA Buying Guide also covers Other Factors in Choosing a DNA Test Kit and provides a Resource List with over 100 tools and sites get the most out of your DNA testing experience. Click HERE to download for FREE!
Family Finder just $49 USD and save up to 40% on other DNA test kits at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding an AMAZING National DNA Day Sale with some SWEET prices on DNA test kits and bundles!
“Save up to 40% on our top selling DNA tests during our DNA Day Sale. See yourself through your DNA and bring your unique family history into focus.”
Regularly $79, now just $49 USD! Sale valid through Saturday, April 28th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
DNA Test Kit Bundles On Sale!
There are even more savings when you bundle the Family Finder DNA test with other DNA test kits at Family Tree DNA:
- mtFull Sequence: Examines all regions of mtDNA, identifying your maternal haplogroup and migration path. Regularly $199, now just $146! Save $50!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169, now just $139! Save $30! Click HERE
- Y-67 Test *: Tests 67 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $269, now just $209! Save $59! Click HERE
- Y111 Test *: Tests 111 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $359, now just $289! Save $70! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Tests 500 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $799, now just $649! Save $150!
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Our Family Finder + Y-37 bundle allows you to explore your deep paternal ancestry and migrations. Regularly $248, now just $179! Save $69!
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Allows you to explore your deep paternal ancestry and migrations and all that Family Finder has to offer. Regularly $347, now just $249! Save $98!
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle: Allows you to explore your deep maternal ancestry and migrations and all that Family Finder has to offer. Regularly $278, now just $189! Save $89!
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: Provides a view into your paternal/maternal ancestry and all that Family Finder has to offer. Regularly $546, now just $398! Save $148
* Denotes male specific tests
Sale valid through April 28th. Click HERE to start shopping – via Family Tree DNA
Save 40% on 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History by Mary Eberle, JD. Release in November 2017, there is a huge price drop at Amazon PLUS this ebook is now available in PDF format at the same discount!
“DNA testing for family history is becoming wildly popular. Television advertisements, talk shows, books, and even Facebook are filled with stories of big family discoveries using DNA. Once you decide to get your DNA tested, you will likely have many questions. 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History answers many of these questions and more. The various tips were selected after listening to hundreds of people’s questions during live workshops and webinars. The 23 tips for DNA testing are split into sections on autosomal DNA, X-DNA, Y-DNA, mitochondrial DNA, and additional tips. There’s even a bonus tip at the end!”
Save 50% on All DNA Boot Camp digital downloads at Hack Genealogy! Each year, National DNA Day on April 25th, celebrates the announcement in 1952 of the discovery of DNA. Now in its 15th year, National DNA Day has become a day to raise awareness about DNA testing and education. To celebrate, all DNA Boot Camp Digital Downloads with DNA expert Mary Eberle, JD produced by Hack Genealogy are ON SALE! Save 50% off the regular price of $25.99 USD . . . you pay just $12.99 USD each! Use promo code DNADAY18 at checkout to claim your savings! Titles include:
- Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy
- Additional DNA Tools and Concepts
- Using Y-DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA for Genealogy Research
- Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results
- Interpreting Your FTDNA and 23andMe Results
- Solving Family Mysteries with DNA
- Finding Birth Families Using DNA
Each digital download consists of two 90-minute recorded webinars, with Q&A periods, PLUS extensive handouts.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.