Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, July 6, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! 12 Days of Genealogy Christmas in July! CLICK HERE
- Celebrate DNA: Save 15% on customized t-shirts, tote bags and mugs with promo code SUMMERDNA! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Family Tree Magazine: Independence Day Sale – Save 50% STOREWIDE! – CLICK HERE
- NEW LOWER PRICE! Family Tree Magazine: Get Started In Genealogy Online Workshop – just $54.99 USD – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: FREE ACCESS to Revolutionary War records! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to US Newspaper Records – Click HERE
FINAL DAY! 50% Off Sale at Family Tree Magazine
Save 50% STOREWIDE at Family Tree Magazine! “Celebrate Independence Day with Family Tree! Dig deeper into your family history with a wide variety of resources for those who want to discover, preserve, and celebrate their roots. Books, DVDs, OnDemand webinars, cheat sheets, and more will help you enjoy researching your family heritage.
Plus, we are offering an unheard of discount in order to celebrate Independence Day! For four days only, save 50% storewide! No coupon necessary. Prices are as marked. Don’t wait, dig into your family history AND save 50% today!”
Sale valid through Friday, July 6th! Click HERE to start shopping – via Family Tree Magazine
12 Days of Genealogy Christmas in July
July is typically a month where many of us in the Northern Hemisphere are trying to stay cool with rising temperatures outside! This year, Genealogy Bargains has decided to help you “get your cool on” with a special selection of savings – some of them EXCLUSIVE savings – on items such as DNA test kits, webinars, online genealogy courses. PLUS, we’ll throw in some free downloads, some Christmas recipes and music, and even an amazing Christmas in July Shopping Spree giveaway! Check out the deals below and click HERE for more information!
Friday, July 6th
- FREE DOWNLOAD – Tools for Translating and Transcribing Genealogy Documents by Thomas MacEntee! Having trouble translating foreign language documents? Do you find transcribing genealogy documents tedious and frustrating? Learn the best tools and programs to help you extract the information you need from documents in order to find success with your genealogy research. Genealogy educator and author is providing this PDF guide for his newest lecture for FREE! Click HERE for more information.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
PRICE DROP! Get Started in Genealogy Online Workshop – only $54.99 USD at Family Tree Magazine! “Discovering your family’s unique story is like solving a puzzle. You’ll fit together bits and pieces from relatives’ memories, old records and photographs to create a picture of the past. When you’re a family history newbie, the prospect of diving into your roots research can seem overwhelming.
In this week-long workshop, we’ll walk you through the basics of genealogy research: the big 4 databases, what records to look for and where, how to set goals and organize your research as you go. By the end of the week, you’ll be able to set realistic goals and know how to search efficiently and find what you’re looking for.”
This workshop starts on July 9th and is led by genealogy author and educator Lisa Alzo. This course includes:
- Videos that cover the four big genealogy websites, how to search effectively, how to organize your information and set goals.
- Three written lessons on family history basics, how to record and organize your genealogy, and how to get started extending your family tree.
- Professional genealogist Lisa A. Alzo on hand to answer questions — ask questions and get personalized feedback on your every family history quandary.
- Unlimited viewing: Your all-access pass gets you into the workshop all week—you can even download the videos to watch again later!
- Make your own schedule: Because the videos are pre-recorded, you don’t have to show up at a specific time to catch them.
- Message board discussions: Ask questions and share ideas to apply the research strategies you learn.
- Convenience: Log in anywhere you can connect to the internet, at whatever times work for you.
Register today and pay only $59.99 USD – use special exclusive promo code START5 and save an extra $5 USD! Your final price is just $54.99 USD! Click HERE – via Family Tree Magazine
FREE ACCESS to US Newspaper Records at MyHeritage! “In honor of July 4th this year, we are delighted to announce FREE access to all of our U.S. Newspaper collections for a limited time. From July 3, 2018 to July 8, 2018, we are providing FREE access to all 23,385,114 U.S. Newspaper records– no data subscription required!
Newspapers are essential resources for genealogy and family history research. In addition to providing birth, marriage, and death notices, society pages contain stories rich with information on persons of interest, as well as various community activities and events.
The U.S. Newspaper collection currently holds newspapers from the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Connecticut, Maine, New York, Kentucky, Indiana, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey, and Delaware.”
Free access available through Sunday, July 8th. Click HERE to access – via MyHeritage
FREE ACCESS to Revolutionary War Records at Fold3! “To commemorate Independence Day, Fold3 is providing free access* to our Revolutionary War Collection July 1–15. We continue to offer everyday free access to our Constitutional Convention Records, Continental Congress Papers, George Washington Correspondence, and other archives from the founding of our nation! See the original manuscripts written with quill and ink by our founding fathers. Our Revolutionary War collection contains 22 collections with almost 5 million records!” Here’s just a few of the titles:
- Revolutionary War Rolls: The Continental Army was made up of troops provided by each colony. They formed battalions, regiments, companies or militias. There is an introduction to this collection from the National Archives, and then you can search by state and narrow down to a specific fighting group.
- Navy Casualty Reports, 1776 – 1941: This collection records both wartime and peacetime deaths of navy soldiers in the Revolutionary War and later conflicts including the War of 1812, Civil War, WWI and others.
- Revolutionary War Service Records: These are service records for soldiers who fought for the Continental Army. They are arranged under state, fighting company and then alphabetically by soldier’s name.
- Revolutionary War Prize Cases – Captured Vessels: After the US declared independence from the British, colonists were no match for the powerful British Navy. In an effort to disrupt British commerce, colonists captured British vessels. The vessels were known as prizes. These records, which are copies of the original manuscripts, are cases heard on appeal by courts from 1776-1886. You can browse them by state, case name, or by vessel name.
- Final Payment Vouchers Index for Military Pensions, 1818-1864: This is a collection of records of final pension payments made to military veterans or his widow. They shed light on where a family may have moved after the war, death dates of veterans, widows, or dependent children, and sometimes the maiden name of a widow.
Get started searching our Revolutionary War Collection today!
Free access through Sunday, July 15th – click HERE for access – via Fold3
*Access to the records in the featured collections will be free until July 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Free access requires registration for a free Fold3 account. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Fold3 membership.
Save 15% on all products including customized DNA t-shirts at Celebrate DNA! Are you looking for new ways to show off your latest DNA test results? What about giving a unique gift to a family member letting them know more about their genealogy and ethnicity? Celebrate DNA helps you take DNA test results and create a wide variety of customized t-shirts, mugs and tote bags! You won’t find these designs anywhere else – take a look at their entire product line and order your t-shirt in time for your summer family reunion!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.