Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, October 26, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! Amazon: $0.99 Genealogy E-Book Sale! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save 56% on Planning a Future for Your Family’s Past ebook – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: 31 Days to Better Genealogy by Amy Johnson Crow now available in paperback! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry! – CLICK HERE
- Family Locket: Save over 20% on Research Like a Pro E-Course – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save an additional 20% on Family Tree Factbook! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 30% on ALL Downloads! – CLICK HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: Save during MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story online course with promo code FALL18 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save up to 86% on Genealogy E-books by Thomas MacEntee – Only $0.99 USD each! Now is your chance to stock on any of 12 titles by genealogy educator and author Thomas MacEntee! You can save as much as 86% with all Amazon Kindle e-books priced at just $0.99 USD!
Click HERE to view my author page at Amazon and select the e-book or e-books of your choice! Titles include:
- 500 Best Genealogy & Family History Tips
- After You’re Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research
- Digitization Options for Family Photos: Including Slides, Film Negatives, and Home Movies
- DNA Buying Guide
- Family History Trippin’ – A Guide to Planning a Genealogy Research Trip
- Guide to Wolfram|Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research
- Pinning Your Family History
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories
- Staying Safe with Social Media: A Guide for Genealogy and Family History
- The 15 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists
- The Password Trick: How To Use a Different Password for Every Website
Sale valid through Monday, October 29th, 2018. *Note: $0.99 USD offer does NOT include the print version of The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook available on Amazon.
NEW! Save 56% on Planning a Future for Your Family’s Past: How to organize your genealogy materials, make decisions about your collection, and pass what you know to future generations ebook via Amazon! “Keep your family’s past alive to pass to future generations! Old photos, genealogical documents, ancestors’ stories, and artifacts are vital to understanding your family’s past—and they belong to your family’s future. This concise step-by-step guide will show you how to organize and pass your genealogy collection and family history to the next generation. Follow the PASS Process: (1) Prepare by organizing materials, (2) Allocate ownership, (3) Set up a genealogical “will,” (4) Share with heirs. Whether you’re new to genealogy or have years of experience, you’ll find practical ideas and learn how to: sort your genealogy collection into logical categories . . . safely store and label your materials . . . inventory and index for new insights . . . decide what to keep and what to give away . . . write instructions for your collection’s future . . . and bring family history alive now. Includes sample forms and links to online resources to help you put a personalized PASS plan into action.”
Regularly $8.99 USD in print version you can get the Amazon Kindle version of this amazing 100 page resource for just $3.99 USD. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon.
NOTE: You do not need to own a Kindle device to take advantage of ebooks on Amazon – click HERE for instructions on downloading Amazon Kindle ebooks.
NEW! Save an Extra 20% on Family Tree Factbook: Key Genealogy Tips and Stats for the Busy Researcher. This convenient, time-saving collection of genealogy hacks gathers the best resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts from the experts at Family Tree Magazine. Inside, you’ll find fast facts about a variety of family history topics, such as important dates in US history, the different kinds of DNA tests, and how to use the best genealogy websites. Read my extensive review of Family Tree Factbook HERE!
Family Tree Factbook is available in print (click HERE) as well as in e-book format (click HERE). Purchase BEFORE November 18th, 2018, using promo code FACTBOOK20 and save an extra 20% of the sale price! Regularly priced $24.99 USD, sale priced $15.99 USD. now just $12.79 USD with promo code!
* Use code FACTBOOK20 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends November 18, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Spooky savings during MyHeritage Halloween DNA Sale – just $59 USD! Uncover your ethnic origins and find new relatives with our simple DNA test.
- The highest technological standards meet the most affordable price on the market.
- Your DNA reveals your unique heritage — the ethnic groups and geographic regions you originate from.
- Find new relatives you never knew existed through your shared DNA.
Here are the amazing prices during the MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale:
- MyHeritage DNA US – just $59 USD
- MyHeritage DNA Canada – just $79 CAD
- MyHeritage DNA UK – just £59 GBP
Sale prices valid through October 31st. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Save 75% off the print version of Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide! Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Sale valid through October 31st. Click HERE – via Amazon
Save over 20% on Research Like a Pro E-course! Have you been interested in joining a Research Like a Pro Study Group, but worried about the time commitment? Perhaps the dates didn’t work for you or you were nervous about receiving peer feedback on your work. I’m excited to announce that Nicole and I are launching the Research Like a Pro E-course designed to give you the extra boost you might need in your research efforts. You’ll be able to work at your own pace and still receive valuable assistance along the way.
The eCourse includes:
- Eight webinars detailing the Research Like a Pro method (lifetime access)
- “Ask Diana” chat sessions (lifetime access)
- Private Research Like a Pro Facebook group (lifetime access)
- Printable Research Like a Pro flowchart
Regularly $125.00 USD, you pay just $99.00 USD! Sale valid through October 31st. Click HERE to shop – via Family Locket
Now available in paperback! 31 Days to Better Genealogy by Amy Johnson Crow – “ Discover more ancestors without feeling overwhelmed. Have you ever felt you don’t have large chunks of time to devote to your genealogy or that you’re spinning your wheels with your research? Then let 31 Days to Better Genealogy ease your stress. With its foundation in a month-long course by Amy Johnson Crow that has helped thousands discover previously unknown branches of their family trees, learn insightful details about the lives of their ancestors, and make connections with long-lost cousins, 31 Days to Better Genealogy will help you learn more about your history and preserve your family’s stories for generations to come.”
Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story from Research, Write, Connect! The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code FALL18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through October 31st.
Save 30% on ALL DOWNLOADS at Family Tree Magazine! Family Tree Magazine is celebrating Family History month in a big way. Every week, Family Tree Shop will have exclusive savings and deals. The deal changes each week, so check back to see the new sale every Sunday. This week save 30% on all genealogy downloads! Prices are as marked but don’t wait, this sale ends Saturday!
Family Tree can help you grow your family tree with downloads for every aspect of your research. We continually update our downloads category to offer you the best PDFs, videos, and forms for your genealogy research. Best of all, these resources are available immediately after purchase and you can take your research on-the-go. Download resources from the experts today!
Sale valid through Saturday, October 27th, 2018. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
*No coupon code necessary. Prices are as marked. Sale ends October 27, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Sale excludes live courses, subscriptions, gift cards, bundles, kits, and third-party products. Sale valid on Family History Month Savings category only. Other exclusions may apply. Not valid with other offers.
Save 30% GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp! Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters LLC on Saturday, November 17th, 2018 as sge shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program. Mary will also walk you through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. The webinars are moderated by genealogy author and educator Thomas MacEntee and Mary Eberle will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Click HERE for more information and to register – via Hack Genealogy
Save up to 50% on pre-order of The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! This book is guaranteed to be the HOTTEST genealogy book this Fall! “The popularity of Family History has increased over the past five years due to TV shows like Genealogy Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, and Who Do You Think You Are? The ability to access records online has opened up the one time hobby for genealogy enthusiasts to the mainstream.
While this is not a comprehensive guide to all things genealogy, it is a roadmap to help you on this journey of discovery, whether you are looking for your African Asian, European, or Jewish ancestry. The Family History Toolkit guides you on how and where to begin, what records are available both online and in repositories, what to do once you find the information, how to share your story and of course DNA discoveries.”
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.