Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Saturday, November 3, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Save up to 50% at 23andMe – just $49 USD! – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA: Holiday Sale at AncestryDNA – pay just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 78% on Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: FREE ACCESS to Native American Records – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE RECORDING Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees – CLICK HERE
- NEW! LivingDNA: Save 20% during Thanksgiving Sale – just $79 USD! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: LOWEST PRICE EVER! Just $49 USD for MyHeritage DNA during Thanksgiving Sale – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 20% on Living DNA – just $79 USD during Thanksgiving Sale! “Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Living DNA is able to show you your ancestry in twice the detail of other tests. This is possible because of the scientific teams we work with, and the detailed ways in which they can explore your DNA. You can view your results online or in a personalised book, and this allows you to explore your DNA breakdown today, as well as the migration patterns of your ancestors dating back 80,000 years.”
Living DNA is the best DNA test right now if you have British or Irish heritage! Sale valid through November 22nd, 2018. Regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD – click HERE to shop – via Living DNA
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
$49 USD for MyHeritage DNA during Early Thanksgiving Sale – PLUS FREE SHIPPING! Get MyHeritage DNA (the same test as AncestryDNA and other major DNA companies) for only $49 USD! This is the LOWEST PRICE EVER and you don’t need to buy two or more tests like other current DNA promotions!
Sale valid through Tuesday, November 12th. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
FREE SHIPPING at MyHeritage DNA!
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 3 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits at the low price of $49 USD! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage
FREE RECORDING Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees presented by E. Randol Schoenberg – “Privacy remains a huge issue for many genealogists and their family members. Personal genealogy websites, as well as Online Collaborative Trees available at Geni, MyHeritage, Ancestry, WikiTree, WeRelate, FamilySearch and OneGreatFamily, each offer different levels of privacy protections. The lecture will discuss the varied approaches to the question of privacy, focusing especially on legal and ethical considerations. For example, how should a genealogist respond if someone says she does not want to be on your online tree? Should minors be allowed to use online genealogy platforms? Can the right to privacy ever be reconciled with online collaborative genealogy? As genealogists increasingly utilize public, or semi-public online collaborative genealogy platforms, these questions are becoming more common. The lecture will use real-world examples to analyze the problems and proposed solutions.”
Click HERE to watch for FREE through Tuesday, November 6th – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
FREE ACCESS to Native American Records at Fold3*! November is National Native American Heritage month. To celebrate, we’re offering free access* to our Native American collection November 1-15. Titles in this collection include:
- Ratified Indian Treaties (1722-1869): This collection contains ratified treaties that occurred between tribes and the US government. Also included are presidential proclamations, correspondence, and treaty negotiation expenses.
- Indian Census Rolls (1885-1940): An 1884 Act of Congress required agents or superintendents of reservations to submit annual census rolls. Only persons who maintained a formal affiliation with a tribe under Federal supervision are listed on these census rolls.
- Dawes Packets: In 1893, President Grover Cleveland appointed the Dawes Commission to negotiate with members of the Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Seminole tribes. They were promised an allotment of land if they recognized Federal law and abolished tribal governments. The Dawes records are applications from individuals in these five tribes to establish eligibility.
- Dawes Enrollment Cards (1898-1914): The Dawes Commission recorded information about family groups within the Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, Chickasaw, and Seminole nations. Also, known as “census cards,” the cards list family relationships, degree of native blood, tribal enrollment and include notations of actions taken.
- Eastern Cherokee Applications (1906-1909): Applications submitted for shares of the money that was appropriated for the Eastern Cherokee Indians by Congress on June 30, 1906.
- Enrollment of Eastern Cherokee by Guion Miller (1908-1910): The US Court of Claims appointed Guion Miller to determine who was eligible for funds under the treaties between the US and the Eastern Cherokee. An estimated 90,000 applicants provided family genealogies to document tribal connections, making this collection an important source for genealogical research.
- Cherokee Indian Agency, TN (1801-1835): This collection contains the records of the agent of Indian Affairs in Tennessee, including correspondence, agency letter books, fiscal records, records of the Agent for the Department of War in Tennessee, records of the Agent for Cherokee Removal, and miscellaneous records.
- Rinehart Photos – Native Americans (1898): A stunning collection by commercial photographer Frank A. Rinehart of Omaha, Nebraska. He was commissioned to photograph the 1898 Indian Congress, part of the Trans-Mississippi International Exposition.
Free access available through Thursday, November 15th. Click HERE for access – via Fold3
Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through November 30th. Click HERE to save – via fold3
*NOTE: Access to the records featured collections will be free until November 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Free access requires registration for a free Fold3 account. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Fold3 membership.
HUGE HOLIDAY SAVINGS at AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! This deal was just announced and you can get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $59 USD!
The Holidays are around the corner – and this year, the perfect gift is AncestryDNA! Let’s help more people discover their unique family stories with what will be the holidays’ most memorable gift. Only Ancestry:
- Has helped 20 million members connect to a deeper family story
- Combines the world’s largest online collection of family history records with the largest consumer DNA network in the world
- Delivers 2x more geographic detail than any other DNA test
Stock up now for the holidays and get AncestryDNA for just $59 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Ancestry
*NOTE: Sale valid through Monday, November 12th. Shipping and sales tax NOT INCLUDED.
Buy 4 AncestryDNA Test Kits Get 1 Free!
A special hidden holiday deal . . . if you purchase 4 AncestryDNA test kits at the sale price of $59 USD, you get 1 kit free! You will still have to pay shipping and handling plus taxes on the free kit, but still this is perfect for holiday gift giving or finally getting those other family members to take a DNA test! Click HERE to shop and select a quantity of 4 or more test kits to qualify!
FREE SHIPPING for AncestryDNA via Amazon
While the price is $69 USD via Amazon, when you buy from the AncestryDNA Official Storefront, and you have an Amazon Prime Membership, you qualify for FREE SHIPPING – sometimes Same Day depending upon your location!
Click HERE to shop via Amazon
AncestryDNA on Sale for Canada Too!
Our friends to the North can get in on the AncestryDNA Holiday Sale as well! Regularly $129 CAD, you pay just $99 CAD**!
Stock up now for the holidays! Click HERE to shop – via Ancestry
**NOTE: Sale valid through Wednesday, November 14th. Shipping and sales tax NOT INCLUDED.
AncestryDNA Savings for Australia and UK too!
- AncestryDNA Australia: Save $20 AUD! Regularly $129 AUD, now just $109 AUD! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 20th, 2018. Click HERE to shop via Ancestry
- AncestryDNA UK: Save £10 GBP! Regularly £79 GBP, now just £79 GBP! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 20th, 2018. Click HERE to shop via Ancestry
Save up to 50% at 23andMe – just $49 USD! 23andMe has an amazing Thanksgiving Sale going on right now! Purchase 2 or More of the Ancestry Service DNA Test Kits (an autosomal test kit similar to AncestryDNA), and pay just $49 USD each*! That’s a 50% off savings!
And if you only need ONE test, the price is just $69 USD, still a 30% savings off the normal $99 USD price! Click HERE to save – via 23andMe
Save on 23andMe PLUS FREE SHIPPING
Don’t forget that you can save BIG if you purchase just a single 23andMe test on Amazon (at the reduced price of just $69 USD!) and get FREE SHIPPING with your Ancestry Prime Membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
*NOTE: Sale valid through Friday, November 23rd, 2018; sale price does not include shipping and handling or taxes.
Save 78% on Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! ”Your DNA results are a fantastic tool in your genealogy research. In fact, genetic genealogy can be the key to breaking down pesky brick walls and find new branches of your family tree. Get the most out of your DNA results and discover how to dig deeper into your family history with the resources in this huge collection. You’ll get everything from a breakdown of the types of tests offered to how to use your results to find living relatives and common ancestors. And with a whopping 78% discount, you’ll discover a plethora of tools and techniques for understanding and analyzing your results, from GEDMatch and Evernote to triangulation and new ways to view your own tree, to solve family mysteries and break down brick walls.
Best of all, the Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection features digital products you can download right away while you’re waiting for your book to arrive in the mail; you get instant access to everything!” This MEGA Collection includes:
- The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy (paperback)
- Using DNA to Solve Family Mysteries (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy Cheat Sheet (digital download)
- Jump into GEDMatch (video download)
- DNA Triangulation: What It Is and How to Use It (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy: Tools to Analyze DNA Results (video download)
- Using Evernote to Track Your DNA Data (video download)
- Dealing with Your DNA Matches (video download)
- Genetic Mismatch: DNA Conflicts in Your Family Tree (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy and Y-Chromosomal Testing (video download)
- Using DNAGEDcom (video download)
- Which Test is Best? (video download)
Regularly over $458.88 USD, now just $99.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 30% GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp! Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters LLC on Saturday, November 17th, 2018 as sge shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program. Mary will also walk you through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. The webinars are moderated by genealogy author and educator Thomas MacEntee and Mary Eberle will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Click HERE for more information and to register – via Hack Genealogy
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.