Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Saturday, October 6, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Save over 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus FREE SHIPPING – just $169 USD! – CLICK HERE
- 23andMe Canada: 23andMe Thanksgiving Sale! Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit just $79 CAD when you purchase 2 or more (pay just $99 CAD for a single test kit) – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry! – CLICK HERE
- Evidentia: Purchase Evidentia genealogy software and get The Evidentia Companion book for FREE! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 60% on the Genealogy Quick-Start Pack – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Family Tree Magazine: Save 30% on Beginner Genealogy Resources with promo code BEGIN30 – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Digital Download – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Helix DNA Test – National Geographic: Save over 35% – pay just $65 USD! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Picture Keeper: Save up to 63% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story online course with promo code FALL18 – CLICK HERE
- Southtree Digital Media: Get a $75 USD voucher for use towards digital media conversion services for just $19 USD! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save up to 50% on pre-oder of The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! This book is guaranteed to be the HOTTEST genealogy book this Fall! “The popularity of Family History has increased over the past five years due to TV shows like Genealogy Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, and Who Do You Think You Are? The ability to access records online has opened up the one time hobby for genealogy enthusiasts to the mainstream.
While this is not a comprehensive guide to all things genealogy, it is a roadmap to help you on this journey of discovery, whether you are looking for your African Asian, European, or Jewish ancestry. The Family History Toolkit guides you on how and where to begin, what records are available both online and in repositories, what to do once you find the information, how to share your story and of course DNA discoveries.”
NEW! Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection during Oktoberfest Sale at Family Tree Magazine! “Many Americans claim German ancestry – so many in fact, that it’s the largest, and with German lineage comes rich history – and a lot of records, with more being added online all the time. That makes this collection perfect for anyone who wants to do research on the German branches of their family tree. This collection is packed with the must-know info and research techniques for tracing your German roots, from finding your ancestor’s home village to using translate tools, cheat sheets, and other techniques to decipher what you find. Plus, you’ll get the historical background that drove emigration, changed your ancestor’s borders and nationality, and affected their daily lives.”
Regularly $328.89 USD, now just $79.99 USD* – you save over $250 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
NEW! End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
ENDS TODAY! Save 42% on Helix DNA Test – National Geographic! National Geographic Geno 2.0 is an ancestry DNA test that helps you discover the migration paths your ancient ancestors followed and learn the details of your deep ancestral makeup. Here’s some of what you’ll get:
- Follow the route: A breakdown of your regional ancestry by percentage, going as far back as 500,000 years
- A deeper story: Reveal the anthropological story of your ancestors, from where they lived to how they migrated
- Hominin origins: A percentage of how much your DNA is similar to our ancient cousins, the Neanderthals
- Your famous relatives: Learn which historical geniuses, like Benjamin Franklin and Nikola Tesla, you might be related to
Regularly $99.95 USD, you pay just $48 USD*! Click HERE to shop via Groupon.
*Promotional value expires Dec 31, 2018. Amount paid never expires. Limit 10 per person. Offer applies to purchases with a Helix DNA kit only and includes shipping and handling. Cannot be applied to previous purchases and cannot be combined with any other Helix offers. Online redemption required; must complete order at the website listed on your voucher. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
ENDS TODAY! Save up to 63% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 6,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $22 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid through Saturday, October 6th. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
Save 60% on the Genealogy Quick-Start Pack from Family Tree Magazine! “Getting started tracing your family tree can be a daunting task with the plethora of records available. But there is no reason to be overwhelmed — Family Tree can help! Get the answers to all your genealogy questions in one place with the Genealogy Quick-Start Pack. In this collection, you will get NINE resources to get started in your family tree for one low price. This collection is packed with helpful books, eBooks, family tree templates, and cheat sheets full of tips and tricks to help you discover your heritage. Don’t wait, create a foundation of must-have genealogy resources to build your family tree today! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine”
Included in this bundle:
Regularly $124.91 USD, now just $49.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Advertised price valid through 10/31 or while supplies last.
Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Digital Download – if you missed the amazing DNA Boot Camp featuring DNA expert Mary Eberle on September 29th, here is your chance to purchase the digital download and save 30% off the list price!
Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; and 3) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
With this digital download, you get both recorded webinars totaling almost 3 hours of genealogy education, and 10 pages of handouts! SPECIAL LOW PRICE of $19.99 now through October 31st! Click HERE or below to shop – via Hack Genealogy
ENDS TODAY! Save 30% on Beginner Genealogy Resources at Family Tree Magazine!* “Since being passed by Congress in 2001, Family History Month as been observed annually during the month of October. The month now celebrates a great deal of promotion and recognition – from community events to lectures and workshops held by historians and funeral service professionals, there are plenty of ways to get out and get inspired.
Family Tree Magazine is celebrating Family History month in a big way. Every week, Family Tree Shop will have exclusive savings and deals. The deal changes each week, so check back to see the new sale every Sunday. This week save 30% on resources to get started in genealogy with code BEGIN30! But don’t wait, this sale ends Saturday!”
- Family Tree Factbook: This convenient, timesaving collection of genealogy hacks gathers the best resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts from the experts at Family Tree Magazine. Inside, you’ll find fast facts about a variety of family history topics, such as important dates in US history, the different kinds of DNA tests, and how to use the best genealogy websites. Regularly $24.99 USD, now just $17.49 USD!
- Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition: Dive into Ancestry.com! This updated and expanded guide will show you how to use Ancestry.com, including AncestryDNA. Full of Ancestry.com tips and strategies, this complete guidebook to Ancestry.com will help you find your ancestors’ records and build out your family tree on the no. 1 genealogy website. Regularly $26.99 USD, on sale for $21.59 USD, now just $15.11 USD! Click HERE to save!
- Ultimate Guide to Genealogy Records eBook: Discover the best genealogy records using the tips and strategies in this guide, which shows you how to find and use census records, birth records, marriage records and more. With this detailed ebook, you can search for your family tree and ancestry records with ease. Regularly $19.99 USD, now just $13.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing: Reconnect with your family tree using the adoption genealogy strategies in this guide. Inside, you’ll learn how to find birth parents using adoption records and the best DNA tests for adoptees. Regularly $29.99 USD, now just $20.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- The Ethics of Genetic Genealogy: DNA testing is a powerful tool for breaking through brick walls and finding our family history. But it can also bring to light sensitive issues and uncover long-buried family secrets. What is the best way to approach DNA testing without causing needless pain to relatives and loved ones? In this 30-minute presentation, Barbara Rae-Venter explores taking an ethical approach to DNA testing. Regularly $39.99 USD, now just $27.99 USD! Click HERE to shop!
- Genetic Genealogy Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet outlines (in plain English) how you can get started using genealogical DNA testing to unpuzzle your own ancestry questions with at-a-glance charts, tips and resources. Regularly $9.99 USD, now just $6.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- Boost Your Research Productivity: Boost your genealogy research productivity and overcome obstacles to reach your goals with efficiency using expert strategies from a certified genealogist and librarian. Regularly $49.99 USD, now just $34.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- DNA Demystified: Interested in exploring DNA testing for genealogy but confused by the technical buzzwords? Have your test results but wonder how it actually applies to your family history? In this presentation, you’ll get a crash course in DNA testing terminology. You’ll learn exactly what you need to know to use this cutting-edge technology to solve your genealogy riddles. Regularly $39.99 USD, now just $27.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
Remember to use promo code BEGIN30 at checkout to claim your 30% savings! Sale valid through Saturday, October 6th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Use code BEGIN30 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends October 6, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Sale excludes live courses, subscriptions, gift cards, bundles, kits, and third-party products. Sale valid on Family History Month Savings category only. Other exclusions may apply. Not valid with other offers.
Save up to 80% on Southtree Digital Conversion Services!* This is an AMAZING deal right now – you can get a voucher for digital conversion services at Groupon for up to 80% off! Example: the $75 USD voucher is just $19 USD and with our special promo code below, the final price is just $15.20 USD! Southtree is a highly regarded leader in the digital conversion business and a new vendor at Groupon with HIGH RATINGS for their work converting your cherished video tapes to DVD!
Select from three (3) vouchers:
- $75 USD voucher, now just $19 USD
- $150 USD voucher, now just $36 USD
- $350 USD voucher, now just $78USD
“In 2001, the team at Southtree converted their first videotape to DVD. By the time they celebrated their 10-year anniversary, they had transferred more than more than 5 million memories for more than a quarter-million customers onto long-lasting digital formats. Today, clients follow a simple process with services that include photo scanning, video to DVD, film to DVD, data DVD, reel to reel digital conversion, and ancient Roman scrolls into text messages about togas. The staff processes each item by hand, yielding high-resolution photos and professionally mastered DVDs. Customers should allow eight weeks from the time materials are sent to Southtree to receive shipment.
Southtree’s staff professionally master VHS, VHS-C, Hi8, Digital8, MiniDV, and Beta tapes and transfer them to DVDs or data DVDs, which can be edited, stored, and shared on your computer. They also turn slides and negatives into 10.2-megapixel digital images, old photos into 12-megapixel digital images, and digitize old film reels, including 8mm, Super8, and 16mm, and audio cassette tapes.”
Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
*Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per household, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per order. Valid only for option purchased. Online only. Not valid for hard drives. Extra fee for shipping; not valid toward shipping. Does not ship to Canada. Extra fee for shipping to AK or HI. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Purchase Evidentia genealogy software and get The Evidentia Companion Book (a $14.99 USD value) for FREE! “Family History month is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than a sale! Not only a sale though, but our biggest sale ever!!
From now until October 31st, buy a copy of Evidentia software and get a copy of the companion book FREE! You can select either the Soft Cover edition or the PDF edition of the Evidentia Companion with your copy of the software. That’s a $14.99 value.”
BONUS! Use our exclusive promo code HIDEFGEN at checkout and save 15%! Click HERE to shop – via Evidentia
Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story from Research, Write, Connect! The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code FALL18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through October 31st.
Save 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus get FREE SHIPPING! “Ready to be confused? Here goes . . .
- SCROLL DOWN at the 23andMe site and it appears as if 23andMe has a NEW product configuration with three different products: Ancestry Service (autosomal DNA test like AncestryDNA), a new Health Lite + Ancestry Service (with 40+ health reports), and the Health + Ancestry Service (with 90+ health reports).
- 23andMe has RAISED the price on its Health + Ancestry Service to $229 USD (from $199 USD) but they’ve added more features.
- SCROLL DOWN and click Health Lite + Ancestry Service and you will see this pop-up message: “GREAT NEWS! You’ve been upgraded to our Health + Ancestry Service at no additional cost since the service you selected (Health Lite + Ancestry Service) is currently unavailable. Please note that you will receive all 90+ reports, but you can opt out of receiving your Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports. We encourage you to review relevant information about Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports in the link below.” The Health + Ancestry Service product, normally $229 USD now appears as $169 USD in your cart!
IMPORTANT: This sale has NOT been announced and can DISAPPEAR at any time! Don’t put this off!
Regularly $229 USD, pay just $169 USD and new customers receive FREE SHIPPING (you’ll see a pop-up or sign up via e-mail for the free shipping offer). NOTE: make sure you select Health Lite + Ancestry Service to get this special price! Click HERE to shop via 23andMe.
Save up to 38% on 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – pay just $79 CAD each when you purchase 2 or more! “23andMe is holding its annual Thanksgiving Sale and has a great deal! Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.”
Regularly $129 CAD each, purchase 2 or more Ancestry Service DNA test kits and pay just $79 CAD each. Pay just $99 CAD when you purchase a single kit. Sale valid through October 8th, 2018. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe!
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.