Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Saturday, September 8, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- Amazon: AncestryDNA test kit just $68.99 plus FREE SHIPPING – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: FREE DOWNLOAD 500 Best Genealogy & Family History Tips – CLICK HERE
- NEW! AncestryDNA: Save $30 USD on AncestryDNA during Grandparents Day Sale! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Ancestry: Save 50% on Ancestry.com Memberships – CLICK HERE
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- Findmypast: FREE ACCESS WEEKEND – over 2.7 Billion records available! – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! HB Media Solutions: Save 71% on Video to Digital – up to 5 tapes for just $40 USD! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Legacybox: Save up to 65% on Photo and Movie Digitization Services – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE RECORDING What’s Been Done: Using Someone Else’s Genealogy Research – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on Annual Subscription to Legacy Family Tree with promo code thomas15 – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Picture Keeper: Save up to 66% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
- Vitagene: Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene with promo code DNA50 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save $30 on AncestryDNA during Grandparents Day Sale! “Grandma’s stories are legendary. Find out where they all began. With 2x the geographic detail of other DNA kits, AncestryDNA® can put Nana’s tales to the ultimate test.” This is an EXCELLENT way to get your older relatives to test their DNA to assist with your genealogy research!
Regularly $99 USD, now just $69 USD! This sale is only 48 hours long and is valid through tomorrow, Sunday, September 9th! Click HERE to save – via AncestryDNA
NEW! Save 50% on US Discovery, World Explorer and All Access memberships at Ancestry! Yearbook photos, passenger lists, military records, and more. There’s no end to what you can discover with an Ancestry Membership—and with 50% savings, there’s no better time to begin.
This offer is for NEW MEMBERS* only – you can save 50% on US Discovery World Explorer, and All Access 6-month subscriptions!
- US Discovery 6-month subscription, regularly $99 USD, you pay just $49 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- World Explorer 6-month subscription, regularly $149 USD, you pay just $74 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- All Access 6-month subscription, regularly $199 USD, you pay just $99 USD. Click HERE to get started!
Offer valid through Sunday, September 9th, 2018!
*Note: if you have NOT had an Ancestry membership in the past 90 days, you qualify as a “new member.” Purchase the membership, then contact Ancestry to have them connect your “new” membership to your “old” account login.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
AncestryDNA just $68.99 USD plus FREE SHIPPING via Amazon! “The #1 selling consumer DNA test with a growing network of over 10 million people who’ve made over 1 billion family connections. Dig into your heritage this summer! AncestryDNA has the recipe for new discoveries. Almost 10 million people have learned more about themselves. Are you next? From discovering their ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, the largest DNA network in the world is helping more people find the singular story in their DNA. Yours is just as unique, revealing traces of your family history—who your ancestors were and where they came from.”
Pay just $68.99 USD via Amazon PLUS get FREE SHIPPING if you are an Amazon Prime member! Click HERE to shop for AncestryDNA via Amazon.
If you do not have a Prime Membership at Amazon, click HERE to sign up for a FREE 30-day trial!
FREE ACCESS WEEKEND* at Findmypast! Get FREE ACCESS to over 2.7 BILLION records this weekend at Findmypast! This offer is valid through Monday, September 10th and for the duration of the free access period, all who register an account with Findmypast will be able to access all of the following resources for free:
- Millions of records you won’t find anywhere else, including Home Office records, Police files, millions of England & Wales Crime, prisons & punishment records and original documents from the British India Office.
- Civil birth, marriage and death records dating back to the early 19th century.
- The largest online collection of UK parish records, dating back to the early 1500s.
- The most comprehensive online collection of British Military service records.
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online, with more than twice the number available on any other family history website.
- The 1939 register, one of the most important twentieth century genealogical resources for England and Wales.
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, North America and beyond.
- The largest online collection of England & Wales Electoral registers, containing more than 220 million names.
- The exclusive Catholic Heritage Archive, a ground-breaking initiative that aims to digitize the historical records of the Catholic Church in North America, Britain and Ireland for the very first time.
Use the following links to get started:
- US and Canada: click HERE
- UK: click HERE
- Australia: click HERE
- Ireland: click HERE
Have a great weekend of exploring and searching at Findmypast – free access valid through Monday, September 10th, 2018.
*British, Irish, US and World Newspapers, the PERiodical Source Index, UK Electoral Registers 2002-2014 and UK Companies House Directors 2002-2014 are not included in this free access promotion. Free access begins on 7 September at 09.00 (BST) and ends on 10 September at 23.59 (BST).
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
FREE E-BOOK 500 Best Genealogy & Family History Tips by Thomas MacEntee – “500 Best Genealogy & Family History Tips could best be described as a “brain dump” of me, Thomas MacEntee, and my many years of knowledge about genealogy and family history. Basically what I’ve done is to extract my favorite tips and tricks from over 85 presentations, 10 books and numerous articles. In addition, I’ve reviewed the social media posts and conversations from Facebook, Twitter and other platforms to highlight those issues most important to today’s genealogists.
What will you find in this ‘best tips’ guide? Everything from practical ways to use Google, advice on protecting your privacy online, information about secret or little known resources for genealogy research, and more. The best way to use this guide is to browse the Table of Contents to find a topic of interest. Also simply search the book when trying to find a solution to a problem, such as how to cite a source or locate an app to generate bibliographic information.”
Starting today through Sunday, September 9th, I’m making this book (a $2.99 USD value) available for FREE! Click HERE for your Amazon Kindle copy NOW before it’s too late! Click HERE for the PDF version.
LAST DAY! Save up to 65% on Legacybox “Forever Made Simple” – now this is a deal! You’ve seen the ads on Facebook advertising the Legacy Box Starter kit for $75 and they’ll scan everything you can fit in the box they send you. “Just fill Legacybox with your tapes, film, pictures, and audio. Send it in and we’ll send it back with your memories preserved on dvds and optional thumb drive.” Well, you can get that same deal for just $28.00 USD via Groupon. Sale valid through Saturday, September 8th! Click HERE to get started – via Groupon.
LAST DAY! Save up to 66% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 32GB Picture Keeper with 16,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $129.99, for just $44.99! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 8GB and 16GB sizes. Sale valid through Monday, June 11th. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
LAST DAY! Convert up to 5 Video Tapes for just $40 USD with HB Media Solutions! “Did you know that 20 years is the average shelf life of video tapes? Don’t run the risk of losing the memories contained in these tapes. Memories define who we are… Got a pile of old video tapes – VHS or Beta? Video Tape to Digital transfer service is one of our most popular transfer requests. We’ll transfer them into digital copies!” For up to (5) video tapes (any format) up to two hours each, regularly $110 USD, now just $40 USD! For up to (10) video tapes (any format) up to two hours each, regularly $195 USD, now just $56 USD! Sale valid through Saturday, September 8th. Click HERE to shop – via HB Media Solutions
FREE RECORDING What’s Been Done: Using Someone Else’s Genealogy Research presented by Thomas MacEntee – “Whether you are new to genealogy or you’ve been working on your family history for years, incorporating the research of others can always be tricky. Here’s how to develop a proven strategy to benefit from the work of other genealogists.”
Click HERE to watch for FREE through Tuesday, September 11th – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Save 15% on Legacy Family Tree Webinars Membership! All live webinars are free and their recordings are free to watch for the first seven (7) days. But with a subscription to FamilyTreeWebinars.com you get these additional benefits:
- Access to 1) all the existing 749 classes in the library (997 hours of quality genealogy education), 2) plus the webinars that will be added during the 2018 season, 3) plus any additional bonus subscribers-only webinars – all available for the duration of your membership
- Access to all 3,329 pages of instructors’ handouts plus the new handouts of the 2018 season
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
Additional members-only BONUS webinars
- Playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout. Click HERE to shop – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
The Vitagene Health Report product uses your raw DNA file from 23andme, AncestryDNA or MyHeritage. Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $24.50 USD with promo code DNA50 at checkout! Click HERE to get started – via Vitagene
Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through September 30th. Click HERE to save – via fold3
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.