Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, October 7, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Save over 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus FREE SHIPPING – just $169 USD! – CLICK HERE
- 23andMe Canada: 23andMe Thanksgiving Sale! Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit just $79 CAD when you purchase 2 or more (pay just $99 CAD for a single test kit) – CLICK HERE
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: Save up to 80% on select History books on Amazon Kindle – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry! – CLICK HERE
- Evidentia: Purchase Evidentia genealogy software and get The Evidentia Companion book for FREE! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 60% on the Genealogy Quick-Start Pack – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Digital Download – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR On the Go: Using Your Mobile Device for Genealogy – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story online course with promo code FALL18 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
TODAY ONLY! Save up to 80% on select History books on Amazon Kindle! An amazing selection of history books are on sale TODAY ONLY including books covering DNA and family history! Click HERE to shop the entire sale!
A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived: The Human Story Retold Through Our Genes – “A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived will upend your thinking on Neanderthals, evolution, royalty, race, and even redheads. (For example, we now know that at least four human species once roamed the earth.) Plus, here is the remarkable, controversial story of how our genes made their way to the Americas—one that’s still being written, as ever more of us have our DNA sequenced.” Regularly $16.95 USD print version, now just $2.99 USD Kindle version – click HERE to shop via Amazon
A Brief History of Ireland – “Ireland has been home to successive groups of settlers – Celts, Vikings, Normans, Anglo-Scots, Huguenots. It has imported huge ideas, none bigger than Christianity which it then re-exported to Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire. In the Tudor era it became the first colony of the developing English Empire. Its fraught and sometimes brutal relationship with England has dominated its modern history. Killeen argues that religion was decisive in all this: Ireland remained substantially Catholic, setting it at odds with the larger island culturally, religiously and politically. But its own culture and identity have stayed strong, most obviously in literature with a magnificent tradition of writing from the Book of Kells to the modern masters: Joyce, Yeats, Beckett and Heaney.” Regularly $14.95 USD print version, now just $0.99 USD Kindle version – click HERE to shop via Amazon
NEW! FREE WEBINAR “On the Go: Using Your Mobile Device for Genealogy” presented by MyHeritage Webinars, Tuesday, October 9th, 1:00 pm Central – “In this webinar, you will learn how to use your mobile device to expand your family history research. From recording your family’s story to sharing your discoveries, your mobile device has a wealth of tools that allow you to continue your research wherever you are.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save up to 50% on pre-order of The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! This book is guaranteed to be the HOTTEST genealogy book this Fall! “The popularity of Family History has increased over the past five years due to TV shows like Genealogy Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, and Who Do You Think You Are? The ability to access records online has opened up the one time hobby for genealogy enthusiasts to the mainstream.
While this is not a comprehensive guide to all things genealogy, it is a roadmap to help you on this journey of discovery, whether you are looking for your African Asian, European, or Jewish ancestry. The Family History Toolkit guides you on how and where to begin, what records are available both online and in repositories, what to do once you find the information, how to share your story and of course DNA discoveries.”
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Save 60% on the Genealogy Quick-Start Pack from Family Tree Magazine! “Getting started tracing your family tree can be a daunting task with the plethora of records available. But there is no reason to be overwhelmed — Family Tree can help! Get the answers to all your genealogy questions in one place with the Genealogy Quick-Start Pack. In this collection, you will get NINE resources to get started in your family tree for one low price. This collection is packed with helpful books, eBooks, family tree templates, and cheat sheets full of tips and tricks to help you discover your heritage. Don’t wait, create a foundation of must-have genealogy resources to build your family tree today! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine”
Included in this bundle:
Regularly $124.91 USD, now just $49.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Advertised price valid through 10/31 or while supplies last.
Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Digital Download – if you missed the amazing DNA Boot Camp featuring DNA expert Mary Eberle on September 29th, here is your chance to purchase the digital download and save 30% off the list price!
Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; and 3) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
With this digital download, you get both recorded webinars totaling almost 3 hours of genealogy education, and 10 pages of handouts! SPECIAL LOW PRICE of $19.99 now through October 31st! Click HERE or below to shop – via Hack Genealogy
Purchase Evidentia genealogy software and get The Evidentia Companion Book (a $14.99 USD value) for FREE! “Family History month is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than a sale! Not only a sale though, but our biggest sale ever!!
From now until October 31st, buy a copy of Evidentia software and get a copy of the companion book FREE! You can select either the Soft Cover edition or the PDF edition of the Evidentia Companion with your copy of the software. That’s a $14.99 value.”
BONUS! Use our exclusive promo code HIDEFGEN at checkout and save 15%! Click HERE to shop – via Evidentia
Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story from Research, Write, Connect! The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code FALL18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through October 31st.
Save 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus get FREE SHIPPING! “Ready to be confused? Here goes . . .
- SCROLL DOWN at the 23andMe site and it appears as if 23andMe has a NEW product configuration with three different products: Ancestry Service (autosomal DNA test like AncestryDNA), a new Health Lite + Ancestry Service (with 40+ health reports), and the Health + Ancestry Service (with 90+ health reports).
- 23andMe has RAISED the price on its Health + Ancestry Service to $229 USD (from $199 USD) but they’ve added more features.
- SCROLL DOWN and click Health Lite + Ancestry Service and you will see this pop-up message: “GREAT NEWS! You’ve been upgraded to our Health + Ancestry Service at no additional cost since the service you selected (Health Lite + Ancestry Service) is currently unavailable. Please note that you will receive all 90+ reports, but you can opt out of receiving your Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports. We encourage you to review relevant information about Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports in the link below.” The Health + Ancestry Service product, normally $229 USD now appears as $169 USD in your cart!
IMPORTANT: This sale has NOT been announced and can DISAPPEAR at any time! Don’t put this off!
Regularly $229 USD, pay just $169 USD and new customers receive FREE SHIPPING (you’ll see a pop-up or sign up via e-mail for the free shipping offer). NOTE: make sure you select Health Lite + Ancestry Service to get this special price! Click HERE to shop via 23andMe.
Save up to 38% on 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – pay just $79 CAD each when you purchase 2 or more! “23andMe is holding its annual Thanksgiving Sale and has a great deal! Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.”
Regularly $129 CAD each, purchase 2 or more Ancestry Service DNA test kits and pay just $79 CAD each. Pay just $99 CAD when you purchase a single kit. Sale valid through October 8th, 2018. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe!
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.