Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, September 23, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- LAST DAY! Giveaway: Win a 4-Day Pass to RootsTech 2019 valued at $299 USD! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! AncestryDNA Canada: Special 2-Day FLASH SALE – get AncestryDNA for just $99 CAD – save $30 CAD! – CLICK HERE
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Family Tree Magazine: Buy 1 Get 1 Video Sale – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Findmypast: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Importance of Newspapers for Family Research – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Picture Keeper: Save up to 70% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
- Southtree Digital Media: Convert 3 Video Tapes to DVD for just $19 USD! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection during Oktoberfest Sale at Family Tree Magazine! “Oktoberfest was originally the celebration of Prince Lugwig’s marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburgausen in 1810. Today Oktoberfest is known as the world’s largest beer festival and starts today in Munich! This festival was celebrated by over 7 million people last year who consumed more than 6 million liters of beer! If beer isn’t your thing or you aren’t able to go to Munich for the festival, you can still celebrate Oktoberfest by researching your German ancestry!
Many Americans claim German ancestry – so many in fact, that it’s the largest, and with German lineage comes rich history – and a lot of records, with more being added online all the time. That makes this collection perfect for anyone who wants to do research on the German branches of their family tree. This collection is packed with the must-know info and research techniques for tracing your German roots, from finding your ancestor’s home village to using translate tools, cheat sheets, and other techniques to decipher what you find. Plus, you’ll get the historical background that drove emigration, changed your ancestor’s borders and nationality, and affected their daily lives.”
- Trace Your German Roots Online (Book): Get a comprehensive look at how to trace your German roots through various websites and online tools that will make it a lot easier to find your ancestors. This new book offers genealogists valuable insight into all the possible ways to find your ancestors’ records on the web. Click HERE for more information.
- How to Trace Your German Ancestry Online (Video Download): This hour-long webinar will give you the latest information on tracing your German roots. From highlights of the German-oriented assets of Ancestry.com and FamilySearch to navigating German-based genealogy sites, you’ll learn various resources and techniques to help you research – and it’s all online. Click HERE for more information.
- The Family Tree German Genealogy Guide (eBook): This German genealogy guide will help you find everything from your ancestors’ hometown to uncovering vital records that document their lives. You’ll also learn how to navigate through German language and unfamiliar script to make the best use of original records, and so much more! Click HERE for more information.
- Trace Your German Immigrant Ancestors Online (Video Download): Our immigrant ancestors can be pivotal in our genealogy research, providing the bridge between old world and new, and tracing them back to their place of origin can be tricky. This hour-long video will help you pinpoint where your ancestors came from as well as provide historical context for their emigration. Click HERE for more information.
- How to Find your German Ancestral Village (Video Download): This 30-minute video covers one of the most important steps to finding your German ancestors – finding their ancestral homes. Learn techniques and possible resources for finding the place your ancestors emigrated from, and that may lead you to finding their records. Click HERE for more information.
- German Genealogy Crash Course (Video Download): This video will help you overcome many of the common challenges associated with German genealogy, providing insight into the German church records and other unique collections that may prove to be the key to breaking through your brick walls. Click HERE for more information.
- A Genealogist’s Guide to Discovering Your Germanic Ancestors (eBook): So many of our German ancestors aren’t actually from Germany, and this guide will help you trace your family history, even from Austria, Switzerland, Alsace-Lorraine, or other Germanic regions – as well as Germany. Click HERE for more information.
- Mastering German Place Names (Video Download): Those German place names can be quite tricky, especially if you’re just diving into your German genealogy research. You’ll learn how to dissect geographical terms and administrative divisions so you can find your ancestors in their German homeland. Click HERE for more information.
- German Newspapers in America (Video Download): Stateside ethnic newspapers can reveal a lot about your ancestors! In this video, you’ll learn how to find, access, and read those German-language newspapers. Click HERE for more information.
- German Genealogy Cheat Sheet (PDF Download): There’s a lot of useful information in this 4-page cheat sheet that gives you a lot of great information for researching your German ancestry – all at a glance! From the geography guide to the German alphabet chart and all the language translation tools (months, numbers, and common German words and symbols), plus the resource list of essential websites and books, this will make your German genealogy research go smoothly! Click HERE for more information.
- A Genealogists’ Guide to German Names (PDF Download): Searching through German names can be an exercise in frustration, but learning the naming patterns, meanings and traditions can help you distinguish your ancestor from the rest of the crowd. Click HERE for more information.
Regularly $328.89 USD, now just $79.99 USD* – you save over $250 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Advertised price valid through 9/30 or while supplies last.
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Importance of Newspapers for Family Research presented by Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Webinars, Tuesday, September 25th, 1:00 pm Central – “Newspapers are a key tool to get information about families in all kind of announcements; but not everybody knows how and where to access them. But the most recent revolution in newspaper technology was done with MyHeritage’s Record Matching new technology, designed to automatically find historical records for families in newspapers, comparing important metadata like places and dates. Learn how this technology works and how it benefits the users and the newspapers as well.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Convert Your Video Tapes to DVD and Save Over 60% at Southtree Digital Media: We just located this new vendor at Groupon with HIGH RATINGS for their work converting your cherished video tapes to DVD!
Select from several conversion packages:
- Convert 3 videotapes to DVD, regularly $52 USD, now just $24 USD
- Convert 6 videotapes to DVD, regularly $99 USD, now just $44 USD
- Convert 12 videotapes to DVD, regularly $188 USD, now just $79 USD
- Convert 24 videotapes to DVD, regularly $360 USD, now just $149 USD
- Convert 48 videotapes to DVD, regularly $720 USD, now just $289 USD
“In 2001, the team at Southtree converted their first videotape to DVD. By the time they celebrated their 10-year anniversary, they had transferred more than more than 5 million memories for more than a quarter-million customers onto long-lasting digital formats. Today, clients follow a simple process with services that include photo scanning, video to DVD, film to DVD, data DVD, reel to reel digital conversion, and ancient Roman scrolls into text messages about togas. The staff processes each item by hand, yielding high-resolution photos and professionally mastered DVDs. Customers should allow eight weeks from the time materials are sent to Southtree to receive shipment.”
BONUS: Right now you can use the promo code SAVEFIVE at checkout and save an additional $5 USD on your order at Groupon! Sale valid through Sunday, September 23rd. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
LAST DAY! Save $30 on AncestryDNA – just $99 CAD! “Discover the family story your DNA can tell. Uncover your ethnic mix, discover distant relatives, and find new details about your unique family history with AncestryDNA.”
Regularly $129 CAD, now just $99 CAD! Sale valid through Sunday, September 23rd. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA Canada.
LAST DAY! Save up to 70% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99, for just $17.99! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid through Sunday, September 23rd. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
LAST DAY! Win a 4-Day Pass to RootsTech 2019 valued at $299 USD! Genealogy Bargains has a way for you to go to RootsTech 2019 for FREE!* Enter the RootsTech 2019 Contest at Genealogy Bargains and you could win a 4-Day Pass to RootsTech 2019 in Salt Lake City, Utah, February 27 to March 2, 2019, valued at $299 USD! Click HERE for more information about RootsTech 2019.
The winner will get a chance to attend RootsTech 2019 and access to:
- Over 300 Classes
- Keynote / General sessions
- Expo Hall
- Evening Events
* Note: this pass DOES NOT include any paid lunches or paid labs. In addition, the 4-Day Pass DOES NOT include airfare, hotel or the coverage of any other expenses. If the winner has already registered for RootsTech 2019, the original registration fee will be refunded.
The prize package is valued at $299 USD and you could win this amazing prize if you enter by 11:59 pm CDT on Sunday, September 23rd, 2018. We’ll select one (1) winner no later than 12:00 pm CDT on Monday, September 24th, 2018, and announce the winner over at our Facebook page. Click HERE to enter!
LAST DAY! Buy 1 Get 1 Sale on Genealogy Video Downloads at Family Tree Magazine!* “Do you want to take your genealogy research to the next level but you’re not sure where to start? Family Tree Genealogy Videos have you covered! With 420+ to choose from on the topics that matter most — from demystifying DNA and preserving vintage photos to mastering Ancestry.com and sorting through immigration records — there’s a video to get you on the path to success!
And best of all, we are offering an exclusive deal on all Genealogy Videos when you buy before 9/23! Buy one genealogy video and get a second of equal or lesser value FREE! Simply add two videos to your cart and the price of one will be automatically discounted. Don’t wait, find the expert instruction you need for less!”
There are over 420 videos to choose from including:
- Cloud Technology: Preservation and Organization: You’ve heard about the “cloud” in computing, but what does it mean and how can you use it for your genealogy? Let an engineer and genealogist explain the latest in cloud services and walk you through using one of the most popular, Dropbox, to preserve and organize your family history. Go beyond simply backing up your files in the cloud and learn how to safely share files and collaborate with cousins. Click HERE to shop!
- Things to Purge and Save: Don’t be a family history hoarder—but don’t toss genealogy treasures by mistake. Family Tree Magazine’s Family Archivist columnist Denise Levenick explains how to tell the difference. You’ll see why you might be hanging onto family history excess, how to handle an archival inheritance, and how to create a “watch list” for essential info. Develop a plan to future-proof your genealogy and deal with research clutter. Click HERE to shop!
- 5 Fast Photo Fixes: Can that old photo be saved? Thanks to state-of-the-art scanners and free photo-editing websites, the answer is often yes! Let expert Nancy Hendrickson show you how to become a scanning master, what tools you need, and five fast fixes for even the most hopeless-looking family photos. You’ll also learn the most important rule of working with old photos, before you make changes that can’t be undone. Click HERE to shop!
- DNA Demystified: Interested in exploring DNA testing for genealogy but confused by the technical buzzwords? Have your test results but wonder how it actually applies to your family history? Our DNA expert will sort out the differences between X-DNA and mitochondrial DNA, explain admixture and phasing, and guide you through the mysteries of haplogroups, chromosome maps, SNPs, and more. Click HERE to shop!
- Which Test is Best?: How do the “big four”; DNA testing services—23andMe, AncestryDNA, FamilyTreeDNA and MyHeritage—compare and which is right for your genealogy research? Explore what each offers, how much their testing costs, and what the results look like. Check out examples of actual results from each competing testing service before you commit with your DNA and your credit card. Click HERE to shop!
- Who’s Got What? Comparing Records at the Giant Genealogy Websites: In this day and age, the internet is the first place we go to find records of our ancestors. But when it comes to knowing just which site to search for specific records, it can be a lot of trial and error. Learn all about what the four biggest genealogy websites contain in this hour-long presentation. Click HERE to shop!
- Conquering the Chaos: Organizing Your Genealogy Materials: Do you have stacks of papers, files, certificates, census copies, and other items around your home? You can conquer this dilemma and learn genealogy organization tips for regularly keeping your clutter under control, with both paper and software. No one can promise perfection, but this session will share many ideas to get you on your way, including tips from some professional genealogists. We’ll even discuss some “lazy day” methods to keep you on top of your filing. Click HERE to shop!
- Applying Old Maps to Your Family History: Maps are for more than navigation and when it comes to your genealogy research, old maps can lead you to some real family treasure. If you want to explore the various types of maps that exist, and how they can be used to enhance your knowledge of your ancestors, this live class will provide you with the tools and techniques you need. Click HERE to shop!
No promo code needed – please check your cart at checkout before making payment! Sale valid through September 23rd. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine!
*No coupon code necessary. Simply add two videos of your choice to your cart and the price of one will be automatically discounted. Sale ends September 23, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Valid on Genealogy Videos category only. Sale excludes live courses and the 2018 Fall Virtual Conference. Other exclusions may apply.
LAST DAY! Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS at Findmypast. Were you successful in finding out more about your family history during the FREE ACCESS WEEKEND at Findmypast? Well, here’s a great way to continue the search – take 30% off any of the subscription plans at Findmypast! Click HERE for details on specific 1-month, 3-month and 12-month plans.
- Findmypast US and Canada: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast UK: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Australia: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Ireland: Click HERE to get started!
Sale valid through September 23rd, 2018. Restrictions apply.
Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.