Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Thursday, November 8, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Save up to 50% at 23andMe – just $49 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save up to 84% on Avery Heavy-Duty Binders during BINDERMANIA – plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors – CLICK HERE
- NEW! American Ancestors: FREE ACCESS to over 1.4 Billion Names at New England Historic Genealogical Society! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Ancestry: FREE ACCESS to UK Military Records at Ancestry.co.uk! – CLICK HERE
- Ancestry: FREE ACCESS to Military Records at Ancestry.com! – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA: Holiday Sale at AncestryDNA – AncestryDNA just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Arkiv Digital: FREE ACCESS to over 80 MILLION Swedish records this weekend! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 68% on Native American Genealogy Premium Bundle! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save $10 on Make a Family History Book in 3 Days Online Workshop – use promo code 3DAYBOOK10 – CLICK HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: FREE ACCESS to Native American Records – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacybox: Save up to 66% on Photo and Movie Digitization Services – CLICK HERE
- Living DNA: Save 20% during Thanksgiving Sale – just $79 USD! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to Military Records on MyHeritage SUPER SEARCH! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: LOWEST PRICE EVER! Just $49 USD for MyHeritage DNA during Thanksgiving Sale – CLICK HERE
- Printerpix: Save up to 89% on photo books – great for holiday gifts! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
Fall back into family history research with access to over 1.4 billion names from AmericanAncestors.org. Sign up for a guest account today for free access to everything our databases have to offer. All databases are free from November 6 at 12:00 AM EST to November 13 at 11:59 PM EST. Click HERE to access!
NEW! FREE ACCESS to UK Military Records at Ancestry UK! “As we commemorate 100 years since the end of WWI, discover your family’s wartime story in all its detail, from the battlefield to the home front.” Ancestry UK is offering FREE ACCESS to millions of records to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the armistice that ended The Great War. Databases included are:
- British Army WWI Service Records 1914–1920
- British Army WWI Pension Records 1914–1920
- British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards 1914–1920
- Silver War Badge Records 1914–1920
- Citations of the Distinguished Conduct Medal 1914–1920
- Navy Medal and Award Rolls 1793–1972
- Royal Navy and Royal Marine War Graves Roll 1914–1919
- Navy Lists 1888–1970
- The National Roll of the Great War 1914–1918
- Commonwealth War Graves 1914–1921 and 1939–1947
- De Ruvigny’s Roll of Honour 1914–1919
- Royal Naval Division Casualties of The Great War 1914–1924
- British Officer Prisoners of War 1914–1918
- Ireland, Casualties of World War I 1914–1922
- Memorial Books, WWI and WWII 1914–1945
- Gateshead, Durham, Roll of Honour
Click HERE to access – via Ancestry UK
*Note: Access to the records in the featured collections will be free from 08/11/18 to 12/11/18 at 23:59 GMT. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. We will then send you a user name and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership.
NEW! FREE ACCESS to Military Records via MyHeritage SuperSearch! “This year marks 100 years since Armistice Day, the day when we remember those who fought and died in the war. As we remember the sacrifices made by the brave soldiers from all over the world, it’s a fitting opportunity to reflect upon the personal contributions made by our ancestors. Are you curious about what your family did in WWI? To commemorate the centennial of the end of the war, we are offering free military records on MyHeritage SuperSearch starting November 8th through November 12th, 2018. Click HERE to access – via MyHeritage
NEW! FREE ACCESS to over 80 Million Swedish records at Arkiv Digital THIS WEEKEND! This event happens only twice a year and this weekend you can get FULL ACCESS to the more than 80 million images of Swedish church records. Are you struggling to make any headway when it comes to finding more on your Swedish ancestors? Maybe you aren’t using the best records or the best website . . . are you familiar with ArkivDigital?
ArkivDigital often uses the byline “by genealogists for genealogists” and that means that they “get it” when it comes to what we need to research genealogy. Click HERE to read more on why ArkivDigital has record images that are superior to what you might find on other sites.
ArkivDigital has photographed all of Sweden’s church books (series AI, B, C, E and F) up until 1894. “Now we are digitizing the more modern church books (1895-1941) as far as rule of secrecy allows and we are almost done and hopefully we will finish this work by the end of the year 2012. “ And these images are in living color! Access dates are Friday, November 9 through Sunday, November 11 (Swedish time). Click HERE to access – via Arkiv Digital
NEW! Save up to 70% on Legacybox “Forever Made Simple” – now this is a deal! You’ve seen the ads on Facebook advertising the Legacy Box Starter kit for $82 and they’ll scan everything you can fit in the box they send you. “Just fill Legacybox with your tapes, film, pictures, and audio. Send it in and we’ll send it back with your memories preserved on dvds and optional thumb drive.” Well, you can get that same deal for just $24.00 USD via Groupon.
- $24.99 USD for a Starter Legacy Box – Three tapes, three films, or three sets of 25 picture ($74.95 USD value)
- $99.00 USD for a Family Legacy Box – 10 tapes, 10 films, or 10 sets of 25 pictures, or a mix of 10 of these three formats ($249.95 USD value)
- $199.00 USD for a Closet Legacy Box – 20 tapes, 20 films, 20 sets of 25 pictures, or a mix of 20 of any of the three formats ($499.95 USD value)
- $399.00 USD for a Trunk Legacy Box – up to 40 tapes or 40 films, or 40 sets of 25 pictures ($999.95 USD value)
BONUS COUPON! Use promo code SUPER at checkout and save an additional 20%! Sale valid through Friday, November 9th. Click HERE to get started – via Groupon.
NEW! Bindermania at Amazon! Organize your genealogy and save up to 84% on Avery Heavy-Duty Binders Amazon – plus FREE SHIPPING! This is an AMAZING deal on Avery binders – and I always purchase the 3-inch or 5-inch size never knowing how large my surname binder will get!
- DuraHinge design is stronger, lasts longer and resists tearing, and DuraEdge feature makes the sides and top more pliable to resist splitting
- Deep texture film offers a smoother finish and features a linen pattern for high-quality look and feel
- One Touch rings open and close with ease and keep pages secure
- Gap Free(TM) rings prevent gapping and misalignment
- Wide front and back binder panels fully cover standard dividers and sheet protectors
Bindermania Sale Prices!
- Avery Nonstick Heavy-Duty EZD Reference View 5 Inch White Binder – regularly $62.49 USD, now just $10.21 USD! Click HERE!
- Avery Heavy-Duty View Binder, 3″ One-Touch Rings, DuraHinge Black – regularly $23.99 USD, now just $7.61 USD! Click HERE!
- Avery 3″ Durable View 3 Ring Binder, Slant Ring, 4 Black Binders – regularly $24.81 USD, now just $15.95 USD with 15% off coupon! Click HERE!
- Avery Heavy-Duty Reference View Binder with 5 Inch EZD Rings, Black – regularly $56.99 USD, now just $9.36. USD! Click HERE!
BONUS! Most of these deals also qualify for FREE SHIPPING! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
*NOTE: only Avery binders offered on Amazon via Office Depot qualify for free shipping – please check the price and vendor before ordering! In addition, we do not know when this sale will end – don’t delay!
NEW! Save 68% on Native American Genealogy Premium Bundle at Family Tree Magazine! “Do you have Native American ancestry? If you think you have Native American heritage but you don’t know how to prove it, and you want to learn more about your Native family history, this kit is for you! This collection of video courses and research guides provides the essential information you’ll need to know to find and search records for Native American ancestors, understand naming patterns and traditions, and discover a rich cultural heritage.”
This bundle includes:
- Native American Genealogy On-Demand Crash Course
- Native American DNA
- A Genealogist’s Guide to Native American Names
- American Indian Genealogy Cheat Sheet
- Digging into the Dawes Rolls Home Study Course
- Navigate Native American Records on Ancestry.com
- Proving Your Native American Ancestry Home Study Course
- American Indian Genealogy Guide
Regularly $221.93 USD, now just $69.99 USD! No promo code needed, items priced as marked, sale valid through November 30th, 2018. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save up to 89% Off 11″ x 8.5″ Personalized Hardcover Photo Books from Printerpix! Get ready for holiday gifts or stock up for your family reunion next summer! With this amazing offer at Printerpix you get your choice of:
- One 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $52.95 USD, now just $5.99 USD!
- Three 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $158.85 USD, now just $14.99 USD!
- Five 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $264.75 USD, now just $24.99 USD!
- Ten 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $529.90 USD, now just $42.99 USD!
- Fifteen 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $794.25 USD, now just $69.99 USD!
- Twenty 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $1,059 USD, now just $56.99 USD!
BONUS COUPON! Use promo code SUPER at checkout and save an additional 20%! Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! This book is the #1 BEST-SELLING genealogy book on Amazon right now! “The popularity of Family History has increased over the past five years due to TV shows like Genealogy Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, and Who Do You Think You Are? The ability to access records online has opened up the one time hobby for genealogy enthusiasts to the mainstream.
While this is not a comprehensive guide to all things genealogy, it is a roadmap to help you on this journey of discovery, whether you are looking for your African Asian, European, or Jewish ancestry. The Family History Toolkit guides you on how and where to begin, what records are available both online and in repositories, what to do once you find the information, how to share your story and of course DNA discoveries.”
Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors via Amazon! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors. Each heavy duty sheet protector is constructed from acid-free and archival safe polypropylene and won’t lift print, making them great for protecting irreplaceable photos, valuable collector cards and other prized items against dirt, debris and liquid. A helpful Easy Load feature makes loading letter-size sheets into the top of the Avery Heavyweight Sheet Protectors quick and easy, saving you time and boosting your productivity, while a clear binding edge makes a professional presentation for your documents. The heavy duty plastic sheet protectors are perfect for organizing planners, schoolwork, reference manuals and more. You can even use a dry erase marker to jot down notes on your poly sheet protectors. This pack of 100 non-glare heavyweight sheet protectors provides the long-term protection your frequently used documents, reports, recipes or photos need to stay in tip-top condition.”
Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
Save $10 USD on Make a Family History Book in 3 Days Online Workshop from Family Tree Magazine! “You can make a family history book in 3 days! In this workshop, you will learn how to make a 20-page photo book using a combination of photographs, documents and text to tell their ancestors’ stories. You’ll discover the secrets to creating a good layout and how to keep the story flowing from page to page. Plus, you’ll get the finished results back in time to give as presents for the upcoming holidays!
Over the course of three days, you’ll learn how to determine the content of your book and discover the key elements to include in your family history photo book. Plus, you’ll discover plenty of resources for creating a strong 20-page plan. Along the way, you’ll get tons of ideas for creating your own pages. You’ll get several samples and inspiration to fuel your own photo book and work alongside your instructor, Sunny Morton.”
You must use promo code 3DAYBOOK10 at checkout to save $10 USD and remember this offer is valid only through Friday, November 9th! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
FREE ACCESS to over 250 Million US Military Records at Ancestry.com. “For the past 30 years, our focus has been digitizing and making historical content accessible for everyone – today, we offer more than 10 billion historical documents, including an unmatched collection of more than 250 million military records. As America celebrates Veterans Day this year, and its service members who have fought (and still fight) to uphold American values, we are encouraging Americans to discover more about the role their families may have played in our nation’s military history by providing free access to our military records from November 2 to 12.
Through our military records, you can explore documents such as draft cards, service records and prisoner and casualty lists to find and honor those who served and potentially shed new meaning on how you think about Veterans Day this year. In fact, more than 60% of our U.S. subscribers who have a family tree have found at least one military record for an ancestor!”
Free access valid through Monday, November 12th. Click HERE to access – via Ancestry.com
*Access to the records in the featured collections will be free until November 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry paid membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collections, please click here.
Save 20% on Living DNA – just $79 USD during Thanksgiving Sale! “Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Living DNA is able to show you your ancestry in twice the detail of other tests. This is possible because of the scientific teams we work with, and the detailed ways in which they can explore your DNA. You can view your results online or in a personalised book, and this allows you to explore your DNA breakdown today, as well as the migration patterns of your ancestors dating back 80,000 years.”
Living DNA is the best DNA test right now if you have British or Irish heritage! Sale valid through November 22nd, 2018. Regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD – click HERE to shop – via Living DNA
$49 USD for MyHeritage DNA during Early Thanksgiving Sale – PLUS FREE SHIPPING! Get MyHeritage DNA (the same test as AncestryDNA and other major DNA companies) for only $49 USD! This is the LOWEST PRICE EVER and you don’t need to buy two or more tests like other current DNA promotions!
Sale valid through Tuesday, November 12th. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
FREE SHIPPING at MyHeritage DNA!
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 3 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits at the low price of $49 USD! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage
Early Bird Holiday Sale for Australia, Canada, UK and Other Countries!
We know that Thanksgiving Day is coming up for US residents and the holiday has already passed for Canadians, so MyHeritage is holding an Early Bird Holiday Sale with these special prices:
- Australia: $79 AUD
- Brazil: 219 BRL
- Canada: $79 CAD
- Denmark: 440 DKK
- Europe: 59€
- New Zealand: $89 NZD
- Switzerland: 69 CHF
- UK: 59£
These sale prices are valid through Monday, November 12th. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Father’s Day Sale for Scandinavian Countries!
And I learned something new thanks to MyHeritage: Father’s Day in Scandinavian countries is celebrated on the second Sunday in November – this year that’s November 11th! MyHeritage is holding a special Father’s Day Sale with the following prices:
- Finland: 59€
- Iceland: 59€
- Norway: 560 NOK
- Sweden: 610 SEK
These sale prices are valid through Monday, November 12th. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
FREE ACCESS to Native American Records at Fold3*! November is National Native American Heritage month. To celebrate, we’re offering free access* to our Native American collection November 1-15. Titles in this collection include:
- Ratified Indian Treaties (1722-1869)
- Indian Census Rolls (1885-1940)
- Dawes Packets
- Dawes Enrollment Cards (1898-1914)
- Eastern Cherokee Applications (1906-1909)
- Enrollment of Eastern Cherokee by Guion Miller (1908-1910)
- Cherokee Indian Agency, TN (1801-1835)
- Rinehart Photos – Native Americans (1898)
Free access available through Thursday, November 15th. Click HERE for access – via Fold3
Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through November 30th. Click HERE to save – via fold3
*NOTE: Access to the records featured collections will be free until November 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Free access requires registration for a free Fold3 account. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Fold3 membership.
HUGE HOLIDAY SAVINGS at AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! This deal was just announced and you can get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $59 USD!
The Holidays are around the corner – and this year, the perfect gift is AncestryDNA! Let’s help more people discover their unique family stories with what will be the holidays’ most memorable gift. Only Ancestry:
- Has helped 20 million members connect to a deeper family story
- Combines the world’s largest online collection of family history records with the largest consumer DNA network in the world
- Delivers 2x more geographic detail than any other DNA test
Stock up now for the holidays and get AncestryDNA for just $59 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Ancestry
*NOTE: Sale valid through Monday, November 12th. Shipping and sales tax NOT INCLUDED.
Buy 4 AncestryDNA Test Kits Get 1 Free!
A special hidden holiday deal . . . if you purchase 4 AncestryDNA test kits at the sale price of $59 USD, you get 1 kit free! You will still have to pay shipping and handling plus taxes on the free kit, but still this is perfect for holiday gift giving or finally getting those other family members to take a DNA test! Click HERE to shop and select a quantity of 4 or more test kits to qualify!
FREE SHIPPING for AncestryDNA via Amazon
While the price is $69 USD via Amazon, when you buy from the AncestryDNA Official Storefront, and you have an Amazon Prime Membership, you qualify for FREE SHIPPING – sometimes Same Day depending upon your location!
Click HERE to shop via Amazon
AncestryDNA on Sale for Canada Too!
Our friends to the North can get in on the AncestryDNA Holiday Sale as well! Regularly $129 CAD, you pay just $99 CAD**!
Stock up now for the holidays! Click HERE to shop – via Ancestry
**NOTE: Sale valid through Wednesday, November 14th. Shipping and sales tax NOT INCLUDED.
AncestryDNA Savings for Australia and UK too!
- AncestryDNA Australia: Save $20 AUD! Regularly $129 AUD, now just $109 AUD! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 20th, 2018. Click HERE to shop via Ancestry
- AncestryDNA UK: Save £10 GBP! Regularly £79 GBP, now just £79 GBP! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 20th, 2018. Click HERE to shop via Ancestry
Save up to 50% at 23andMe – just $49 USD! 23andMe has an amazing Thanksgiving Sale going on right now! Purchase 2 or More of the Ancestry Service DNA Test Kits (an autosomal test kit similar to AncestryDNA), and pay just $49 USD each*! That’s a 50% off savings!
And if you only need ONE test, the price is just $69 USD, still a 30% savings off the normal $99 USD price! Click HERE to save – via 23andMe
Save on 23andMe PLUS FREE SHIPPING
Don’t forget that you can save BIG if you purchase just a single 23andMe test on Amazon (at the reduced price of just $69 USD!) and get FREE SHIPPING with your Ancestry Prime Membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
*NOTE: Sale valid through Friday, November 23rd, 2018; sale price does not include shipping and handling or taxes.
Save 30% GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp! Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters LLC on Saturday, November 17th, 2018 as she shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program. Mary will also walk you through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. The webinars are moderated by genealogy author and educator Thomas MacEntee and Mary Eberle will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Click HERE for more information and to register – via Hack Genealogy
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.