Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! Amazon: BIG SAVINGS on Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive – just $63 USD plus FREE SHIPPING – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide – CLICK HERE
- EXTENDED! Amazon: FREE SHIPPING plus Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- EXTENDED! AncestryDNA: Save 40% during AncestryDNA Summer Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! AncestryDNA UK: Save 25% on AncestryDNA UK – just £59! – CLICK HERE
- The British Newspaper Archive: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGES – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- iDrive: Save 90% on 1st year of 2TB online backup – just $6.95 – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Researching Forces Ancestors (England and Wales) – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR GPS: Finding Your Way Through Tough Research Problems – CLICK HERE
- Living DNA: Save $10 during Living DNA Summer Sale – just $89! – CLICK HERE
AncestryDNA Summer Sale EXTENDED!
AncestryDNA has extended its popular Summer Sale for ONE MORE DAY – sale value through end of day TODAY, Tuesday, August 21st!
EXTENDED! Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! “Dig into your heritage this summer! AncestryDNA has the recipe for new discoveries. Almost 10 million people have learned more about themselves. Are you next? From discovering their ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, the largest DNA network in the world is helping more people find the singular story in their DNA. Yours is just as unique, revealing traces of your family history—who your ancestors were and where they came from.”
Regularly $99 USD, now just $59 USD! Sale EXTENDED through Tuesday, August 21st! Click HERE to save – via AncestryDNA
FREE SHIPPING on AncestryDNA via Amazon Prime
Don’t forget that you can get the $59 USD sale price for AncestryDNA and get FREE 1-DAY SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
Did you know you can snag AncestryDNA for only $54 USD?
Currently, during the AncestryDNA Summer Sale, you can save $15 USD when purchasing 3 AncestryDNA kits. So, instead of paying $177 USD (which is the sale price of $59 USD each), you pay just $162 USD which works out to just $54 USD per test kit. Click HERE for the Try AncestryDNA Family Style Offer and save $15 USD!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! LOWEST PRICE EVER on Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive – just $63 USD plus FREE SHIPPING via Amazon! “The My Book desktop hard drive is designed to complement your personal style with a massive amount of space to store your photos, videos, music and documents.”
- Auto backup with WD Backup software for Windows; Apple Time Time Machine-compatible for Mac
- Password protection with hardware encryption
- Easy and ready to use out of the box
- Up to 10TB capacity
- Trusted drive built with WD reliability
- Universal connectivity
We’ve seen this external hard drive priced recently as much as $179.99 USD, you pay just $63 USD and you get FREE SHIPPING too!* Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
* Note: FREE SHIPPING offer with Standard US Shipping
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Researching Forces Ancestors (England and Wales) presented Kirsty Gray, Wednesday, August 22nd, 1:00 pm Central – “Do you have a British ancestor who served as a soldier or sailor? This webinar will highlight the sources available over the last two centuries both online and offline, including researching at The National Archives (Kew), in local repositories and museums, to add flesh to the bones of your ancestor’s service history.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 75% on Research Like a Pro e-book! Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Click HERE – via Amazon
FREE WEBINAR GPS: Finding Your Way Through Tough Research Problems presented by James Ison, AG, Tuesday, August 21st, 7:00 pm Central – “Life is good when records with direct evidence exist. Typically that doesn’t last long. At some point, one finds only bits and pieces of indirect or conflicting evidence and progress often comes to a screeching halt. This class examines a case study prepared for application to the Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG) where direct evidence was non-existent in identifying the family of Jesse Roberts of Greenville County, South Carolina. Key strategies are presented to piece together strands and threads of evidence from disparate sources using the Genealogical Proof Standard.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ENDS TODAY! Save 25% on AncestryDNA UK – pay just £59! “Start a journey into your family’s past today. AncestryDNA can estimate your origins to more than 350 regions around the world—2x more geographic detail than other DNA tests. With more than 10 million people now in our database and the unique ability to connect with Ancestry’s billions of historical records and millions of family trees, AncestryDNA can help deliver the richest family stories—and solve the toughest family mysteries.”
Regularly £79, now just £59! Sale valid through August 21st – click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA UK
90% off iDrive automatic online backup: normally $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Click HERE to sign up now and click HERE for more info – via iDrive.
Save 30% on The British Newspaper Archive! Get unlimited access to the British Newspaper Archive! There are hundreds of millions of incredible stories just waiting to be found. Get your subscription today to start exploring over 200 years of history. This is the PERFECT way to check out The British Newspaper Archive with over 27 million pages of historic newspapers from the 1700s to the 1950s!
There are three different packages to choose from:
- 12 Months – Unlimited pages: regularly, £6.67/mo, now just £4.67 /mo
- 3 Months – Unlimited pages: regularly, £8.64/mo, now just £6.05 /mo
- Monthly – Unlimited pages: regularly, £12.95/mo, now just £9.07 /mo
Use promo code AUG18 at at checkout if you do not automatically see the discount! Sale valid through August 25th. Click HERE to get started – via The British Newspaper Archive
Summer Sale at Living DNA – just $89 USD! Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Regularly $99 USD, now just $89 USD. Sale valid through August 31st. Click HERE to shop via Living DNA
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.