Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Summer Family Reunion Sale – Buy 3 Get 1 FREE plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save 94% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 55% on Searching For Your Ancestors in Historic Newspapers – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA Canada: Save $40 on AncestryDNA – just $89 CAD! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Family Tree Magazine: Take 50% Off ALL GENEALOGY VIDEOS – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Hack Genealogy: Save up to 50% on DNA Boot Camps and Midwest DNA digital downloads – CLICK HERE
- iDrive: Save 90% on 1st year of 2TB online backup – just $6.95 – CLICK HERE
- Larsen Digital: Save up to 50% on Photo, Film, Slide Scanning and More! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR The YDNA Test Should Be Your Favorite – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR How Photos Enhance Genealogical Research – CLICK HERE
- Living DNA: Save $10 during Living DNA Summer Sale – just $89! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Get MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
Summer DNA Sales End Soon!
There are so many “summer sales” for DNA test kits right now that it can be difficult to track what’s on sale and when the sale ends! Here are click links to the best sales – scroll down below for more detail information for each!
- 23andMe: Summer Family Reunion Sale – Buy 3 Get 1 FREE plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE – ENDS Thursday, August 30th!
- AncestryDNA Canada: Save 40% on AncestryDNA UK – just $89 CAD! – CLICK HERE – ENDS Thursday, August 30th!
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit, Y-DNA, mtDNA and bundles too during the Hello Summer Sale – CLICK HERE – ENDS Friday, August 31st!
- Living DNA: Save $10 during Living DNA Summer Sale – just $89 USD! – CLICK HERE – ENDS Friday, August 31st!
- MyHeritage: Labor Day Sale at MyHeritage DNA just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE – ENDS Monday, September 3rd!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! FREE WEBINAR The YDNA Test Should Be Your Favorite presented by Diahan Southard, Wednesday, August 29th, 1:00 pm Central – “The Y chromosome DNA, with its direct paternal line inheritance pattern, is a powerful tool for any genealogist, male or female, seeking to extend or verify a genealogical line. This lecture will cover basic and intermediate principles of using YDNA verify and extend your pedigree chart.” Click HERE to register for FREE via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
IMPORTANT! Earlier this week, the price dropped to 90% off – just $2.99 USD and then went back up to $14.99 USD in a few hours. There is no way to know how long this sale will last so please click the link and check the price BEFORE completing your purchase!
NEW! Save 94% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy eBook from Amazon Kindle – “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.”
Normally $29.99 USD in print, the price for the Amazon Kindle version is just $1.80 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
But I Don’t Have a Kindle Device! Read On . . .
Did you know that Amazon provides a FREE Kindle App that you can install on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or most any smart device? Click HERE to download the app . . . and don’t worry, the app is “responsive” which means it will know which version you need!
I have the Kindle App on my iPad and it works just like a Kindle device! I can change the font size, the word space and the lighting as well.
NEW! Save up to 50% on DNA Boot Camps and Midwest DNA digital downloads! Isn’t it about time you put your DNA test results to work for your genealogy and family history research? To celebrate Labor Day Weekend, all DNA Boot Camp and Midwest DNA digital downloads produced by Hack Genealogy are ON SALE! Save up to 50% off the regular price and no promo code needed – savings are automatic at time of purchase! Sale valid through Monday, September 3rd. Click HERE for pricing information – via Hack Genealogy
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 55% on Searching For Your Ancestors in Historic Newspapers via Amazon! “Every genealogist needs this book, if they’re serious about researching their family history. Family stories of all kinds, not just obituaries, can be found in newspapers. While major metropolitan newspapers are being digitized and placed online, many more are available for viewing on microfilm. Learn about the free newspaper databases, and discover which newspapers are covered in subscription databases. Also included is the first-ever state-by-state listing of libraries and genealogical societies that have indexed local newspapers, along with state digitized collections not found elsewhere, and microfilm collections for each state. Interested in family history? Start your research today!”
Regularly $11.15 USD for the print version, the Amazon Kindle version is just $4.99 USD right now. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
FREE WEBINAR How Photos Enhance Genealogical Research presented by Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Webinars, Tuesday, August 28th, 1:00 pm Central – “Photographs are an important resource in genealogical research. They add faces to the names in your family tree and teach you about how your ancestors lived. In this webinar, you can learn about the value of photos in discovering and preserving your family history, connecting to the past and present, and sharing your story.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
LAST DAY! Save 50% on ALL GENEALOGY VIDEOS this weekend at Family Tree Magazine! “Do you want to take your genealogy research to the next level but you’re not sure where to start? Family Tree Genealogy Videos have you covered! With 430+ to choose from on the topics that matter most — from demystifying DNA and preserving vintage photos to mastering Ancestry.com and sorting through immigration records — there’s a video to get you on the path to success!”
- Cloud Technology: Preservation and Organization
- Things to Purge and Save
- 5 Fast Photo Fixes
- DNA Demystified
- Which Test is Best?
- Who’s Got What? Comparing Records at the Giant Genealogy Websites
- Conquering the Chaos: Organizing Your Genealogy Materials
- Applying Old Maps to Your Family History
and more! Sale valid through Tuesday, August 28th. Click HERE to start shopping – over 400 videos to choose from and NO PROMO CODE needed! Via Family Tree Magazine
Save $40 CAD on AncestryDNA Canada during AncestryDNA Summer Sale! “Dig into your heritage this summer! AncestryDNA has the recipe for new discoveries. Almost 10 million people have learned more about themselves. Are you next? From discovering their ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, the largest DNA network in the world is helping more people find the singular story in their DNA. Yours is just as unique, revealing traces of your family history—who your ancestors were and where they came from.”
Regularly $129 CAD, now just $89 USD! Sale valid through Thursday, August 30th! Click HERE to save – via AncestryDNA
NEW! Labor Day Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies.
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Sale valid through Monday, September 3rd. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Save up to 50% on Photo, Film, VHS, Slide Scanning at Larsen Digital! This is an AMAZING SALE and now you can get your family collection of photos, home movies, slides and more preserved in time for the upcoming holiday season! Larsen Digital is one of the premier scanning services in the US and preferred by many genealogists and family historians.
Photo Scanning – Up to 50% Off
- 300 DPI:
30¢just 15¢ per photo
Use promo code GB300
- 600 DPI:
45¢just 30¢ per photo
Use promo code GB600
And don’t forget, this offer also includes FREE color correction! Photo size is limited to 8×10″ or as small as 3×5”. In addition, Photos MUST be removed from albums & frames and be ready to scan.
See Photo Scanning details at https://m.slidescanning.com/genealogy/genealogy-bargains-photo-scanning.html. Sale ends August 31st – don’t delay!
Home Movie Film Scanning – Up to 25% Off
Movie Film Transfers 8mm, Super8 & 16mm
- Standard Def 480×720
21¢, just 16¢ per foot
Use promo code GBsd
- High Def 1080×190 was
26¢per foot, just 20¢ per foot
Use promo code GBhd
See Movie Film details at https://m.slidescanning.com/genealogy/movie-film-transfers.html. Sale ends August 31st – don’t delay!
Photo Restoration – 20% Off
Do you have a cherished family photo in need of a little TLC? Perhaps it has creases or did an ancestor circle people’s heads and write names next to it? Don’t laugh, that’s what my great-grandmother did to all our family photos as she gold older!
Whatever the cause, the experts at Larsen Digital have an EXCLUSIVE OFFER for readers of Genealogy Bargains: get one photo restoration for just $39.99 USD – this is a 20% savings off the regular price of $49.99 USD.
I’ve had photos restored at Larsen Digital and the process is SO EASY! You have two options: 1) Scan the photo at 600 dpi or higher and then complete the PDF order form HERE and send it to Larsen Digital. You pay one flat fee and when your restoration is completed, you’ll receive a link to download the image; or 2) you can mail in the original photo with the completed order form HERE and Larsen Digital will let you know when your restored photo is ready to download.
IMPORTANT: Please mention Genealogy Bargains when inquiring about or submitting your photo restoration project! Click HERE to get started! Sale ends August 31st – don’t delay!
Other Scanning Services – Up to 15% Off
Don’t forget that Larsen Digital can scan and/or digitize practically ANYTHING! Including:
- VHS/Video Tapes
- Audio Tapes
- Audio Reel-to-Reel Tapes
- Vinyl Records
- Different film formats
Remember to use the proper promo code (THOMAS10 or THOMAS15) depending upon the service selected. Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the screen for more information and to get started! Sale ends August 31st – don’t delay!
Summer Family Reunion Sale! Save 25% on ALL 23andMe DNA test kits! If you missed out on the amazing sale prices for 23andMe during their recent Summer Travel Sale, here’s your chance to still get great savings! During the 23andMe Summer Family Reunion Sale, you can get four 23andMe Ancestry DNA test kits for the price of three! That’s a 25% savings on either the 23andMe Ancestry Service test which currently sells for $99 USD or the 23andMe Ancestry Service + Health test, which sells for $199 USD. And did we mention FREE SHIPPING?
Sale valid through August 30th. Restrictions apply. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe.
Summer Sale at Living DNA – just $89 USD! Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Regularly $99 USD, now just $89 USD. Sale valid through August 31st. Click HERE to shop via Living DNA
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.