Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! Amazon: Save up to 59% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software – CLICK HERE
- NEW! AncestryDNA: July 4th Sale special price just $69 USD! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Ancestry: Save 40% on Ancestry.com Memberships – CLICK HERE
- Data Backup Givaway: Enter to win a 4TB external hard drive, a one-year iDrive subscription, a $100 Amazon gift card and more – valued at $300 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Celebrate DNA: Save 15% on customized t-shirts, tote bags and mugs with promo code SUMMERDNA! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Independence Day Sale – Save 50% STOREWIDE! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 64% on Genealogist’s Instant Research Binder Kit – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Get Started In Genealogy Online Workshop – just $59.99 USD – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: FREE ACCESS to Revolutionary War records! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Will and a Tombstone to Legacy – CLICK HERE
- NEW! MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to US Newspaper Records – Click HERE
- MyHeritage: July 4th Sale – get MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! AncestryDNA just $69 USD during 4th of July Sale! “This Independence Day, discover your individuality! With the largest consumer DNA network in the world, AncestryDNA can help you celebrate what makes you, you. Almost 10 million people have learned more about themselves. Are you next? From discovering their ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, the largest DNA network in the world is helping more people find the singular story in their DNA. Yours is just as unique, revealing traces of your family history—who your ancestors were and where they came from.”
Get AncestryDNA for just $69 USD! HURRY since this sale only lasts through Wednesday, July 4th! Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA
NEW! Save 50% STOREWIDE at Family Tree Magazine! “Celebrate Independence Day with Family Tree! Dig deeper into your family history with a wide variety of resources for those who want to discover, preserve, and celebrate their roots. Books, DVDs, OnDemand webinars, cheat sheets, and more will help you enjoy researching your family heritage.
Plus, we are offering an unheard of discount in order to celebrate Independence Day! For four days only, save 50% storewide! No coupon necessary. Prices are as marked. Don’t wait, dig into your family history AND save 50% today!”
Sale valid through Friday, July 6th! Click HERE to start shopping – via Family Tree Magazine
NEW! Save 40% on Ancestry memberships during 4th of July Sale! “Celebrate America’s history by discovering your own! Celebrate with 40% off all Ancestry memberships and receive access to billions of historical documents.”
NOTE: This offer is only good on NEW MEMBERSHIPS ONLY! Existing Ancestry members click HERE on other offers available to save money at Ancestry!
Sale valid through Wednesday, July 4th. Click HERE to get started! Via Ancestry
NEW! FREE ACCESS to US Newspaper Records at MyHeritage! “In honor of July 4th this year, we are delighted to announce FREE access to all of our U.S. Newspaper collections for a limited time. From July 3, 2018 to July 8, 2018, we are providing FREE access to all 23,385,114 U.S. Newspaper records– no data subscription required!
Newspapers are essential resources for genealogy and family history research. In addition to providing birth, marriage, and death notices, society pages contain stories rich with information on persons of interest, as well as various community activities and events.
The U.S. Newspaper collection currently holds newspapers from the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Connecticut, Maine, New York, Kentucky, Indiana, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey, and Delaware.”
Free access available through Sunday, July 8th. Click HERE to access – via MyHeritage
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Will and a Tombstone to Legacy presented by Geoff Rasmussen, Thursday, July 5th, 1:00 pm Central – “He’s just found an 18th century will which appears to solve a decades-old genealogy brick wall, but it started when he took a second look at Samuel Miller Brown’s tombstone. In this live and unscripted webinar, Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen will demonstrate what to do from start to finish with both a tombstone and a will as he adds them to his personal Legacy family file. You are invited to watch as he talks his way through using the SourceWriter, adding custom events, linking the digital images, and other tools in Legacy. Be there – live – as he finally gets to officially add the “probable son” to the family!” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Save up to 59% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean!
Some advice: the Home version is really all you need and it is available in a download version (no shipping fee) or with a CD installation.
Save 60% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $41.28 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
FREE ACCESS to Revolutionary War Records at Fold3! “To commemorate Independence Day, Fold3 is providing free access* to our Revolutionary War Collection July 1–15. We continue to offer everyday free access to our Constitutional Convention Records, Continental Congress Papers, George Washington Correspondence, and other archives from the founding of our nation! See the original manuscripts written with quill and ink by our founding fathers. Our Revolutionary War collection contains 22 collections with almost 5 million records!” Here’s just a few of the titles:
- Revolutionary War Rolls: The Continental Army was made up of troops provided by each colony. They formed battalions, regiments, companies or militias. There is an introduction to this collection from the National Archives, and then you can search by state and narrow down to a specific fighting group.
- Navy Casualty Reports, 1776 – 1941: This collection records both wartime and peacetime deaths of navy soldiers in the Revolutionary War and later conflicts including the War of 1812, Civil War, WWI and others.
- Revolutionary War Service Records: These are service records for soldiers who fought for the Continental Army. They are arranged under state, fighting company and then alphabetically by soldier’s name.
- Revolutionary War Prize Cases – Captured Vessels: After the US declared independence from the British, colonists were no match for the powerful British Navy. In an effort to disrupt British commerce, colonists captured British vessels. The vessels were known as prizes. These records, which are copies of the original manuscripts, are cases heard on appeal by courts from 1776-1886. You can browse them by state, case name, or by vessel name.
- Final Payment Vouchers Index for Military Pensions, 1818-1864: This is a collection of records of final pension payments made to military veterans or his widow. They shed light on where a family may have moved after the war, death dates of veterans, widows, or dependent children, and sometimes the maiden name of a widow.
Get started searching our Revolutionary War Collection today!
Free access through Sunday, July 15th – click HERE for access – via Fold3
*Access to the records in the featured collections will be free until July 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Free access requires registration for a free Fold3 account. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Fold3 membership.
Win a Data Backup Bundle valued at over $300 USD! Enter the Data Backup Giveaway at Genealogy Bargains this week and you could win an amazing Data Backup bundle! We’ll select one (1) winner on Friday, July 6th, 2018 and announce the winner over at our Facebook page. IMPORTANT: You get more entries if you follow us and like our Facebook page, and check out the deals at Genealogy Bargains!
This prize package is valued at over $300 USD and you could win if you enter by 11:59 pm CST on Thursday, July 5th, 2018. Click HERE to enter!
Save 64% on Genealogist’s Instant Research Binder Kit from Family Tree Magazine! “Give your research structure and guidance with the Genealogist’s Instant Research Binder Kit. If you like to keep all your work together and organized, you’ll love the contents of this kit, packed with the best research tools to trace your genealogy. Fill your genealogy binder with all the family tree forms, cheat sheets, templates and other paperwork that inevitably starts building up, so keep it all in one place built expressly with family historians’ needs in mind.”
WITH THIS COLLECTION YOU’LL GET:
- A physical binder to keep your work together and organized
- Over 120 printable and digital worksheets for documenting your discoveries
- Checklists and cheat sheets to guide your research
- Surname sheets, immigrant research forms, census extraction forms, vital records worksheets, and many, many more
- Family tree templates and informative charts
- Tips on source documentation and online research tools
- Cheat sheets for making the most of Google’s free search tools
Regularly $109.93 USD, you pay just $39.99 USD! Sale valid through July 31st. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Get Started in Genealogy Online Workshop – only $59 USD at Family Tree Magazine! “Discovering your family’s unique story is like solving a puzzle. You’ll fit together bits and pieces from relatives’ memories, old records and photographs to create a picture of the past. When you’re a family history newbie, the prospect of diving into your roots research can seem overwhelming.
In this week-long workshop, we’ll walk you through the basics of genealogy research: the big 4 databases, what records to look for and where, how to set goals and organize your research as you go. By the end of the week, you’ll be able to set realistic goals and know how to search efficiently and find what you’re looking for.”
This workshop starts on July 9th and is led by genealogy author and educator Lisa Alzo. This course includes:
- Videos that cover the four big genealogy websites, how to search effectively, how to organize your information and set goals.
- Three written lessons on family history basics, how to record and organize your genealogy, and how to get started extending your family tree.
- Professional genealogist Lisa A. Alzo on hand to answer questions — ask questions and get personalized feedback on your every family history quandary.
- Unlimited viewing: Your all-access pass gets you into the workshop all week—you can even download the videos to watch again later!
- Make your own schedule: Because the videos are pre-recorded, you don’t have to show up at a specific time to catch them.
- Message board discussions: Ask questions and share ideas to apply the research strategies you learn.
- Convenience: Log in anywhere you can connect to the internet, at whatever times work for you.
Register today and pay only $59.99 USD – use special exclusive promo code START5 and save an extra $5 USD! Your final price is just $54.99 USD! Click HERE – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 15% on all products including customized DNA t-shirts at Celebrate DNA! Are you looking for new ways to show off your latest DNA test results? What about giving a unique gift to a family member letting them know more about their genealogy and ethnicity? Celebrate DNA helps you take DNA test results and create a wide variety of customized t-shirts, mugs and tote bags! You won’t find these designs anywhere else – take a look at their entire product line and order your t-shirt in time for your summer family reunion!
Special July 4th Sale at MyHeritage – DNA test kit for just $59 USD! For just $69 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS received your results much faster than other companies. Sale valid through Wednesday, July 4th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.