Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Mother’s Day Sale – Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR 20% Off – CLICK HERE
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: $0.99 Genealogy E-Book Sale! – CLICK HERE
- Ancestry: 30% off Gift Memberships for Mother’s Day at Ancestry – as low as $69 USD! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! AncestryDNA Canada: Save $30 CAD during AncestryDNA Canada Mother’s Day Sale – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save up to 28% during Family Tree DNA Mother’s Day Sale! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 57% on Kids Genealogy Collection – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 40% on Top Genealogy Books – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Findmypast: Save up to 50% on Findmypast! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR – The Hidden Web: Digging Deeper – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Discover Your Family in School Yearbooks – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Tale: FREE VIDEO COURSE How to Write Your Life Story in Record Time – CLICK SEE BELOW
- Living DNA: Save 50% on 3-in-1 DNA test kit at Living DNA – use promo code MOMSDAY7 – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: MyHeritage DNA Mother’s Day Sale – just $59 USD – CLICK HERE
Mother’s Day Sales at Genealogy Bargains
Many genealogy vendors are holding special sales in honor of Mother’s Day which is Sunday, May 13th. If you missed out on the DNA Day sale last month this is a great time to still save on DNA test kits. Click HERE for a list of over 50 different gift ideas!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! FREE WEBINAR: The Hidden Web: Digging Deeper presented by Cyndi Ingle of Cyndi’s List, Wednesday, May 9th, 7:00 pm Central – “When Google and traditional search engines don’t return useful information, don’t stop there. We will explore resources that are invisible to Google and hidden deep within web sites and proprietary databases. The “hidden web” lies buried within the collections for commercial web sites, libraries, archives, and museums. We will also talk about the importance of indexes that deep-link into web sites online, thus uncovering hidden gems of information that may not be found easily through a search engine query.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
TODAY ONLY! FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations by Amber Richards – “Do you value your family pictures and photographs? Then, this is a must-read guide for you! Don’t risk losing forever these irreplaceable treasures. Our family pictures are priceless, a visual record of memories and loved ones. They deserve and require special care to guarantee they will still be around to pass on to the next generation. Many who enjoy family genealogy also have amazing collections of vintage family photos that need extra care in order to preserve them. Learn how to take the practical steps to protect your family photos, both the physical prints, and digital formats. Ensure that your treasures will survive and you don’t face the tragic loss of these pictures. Download your copy now.” Print version $9.75, Amazon Kindle version is FREE – usually these are ONE DAY ONLY sales so get yours now! Click HERE to download – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 57% on Kids Genealogy Activity Kit at Family Tree Magazine! “Pass your love of genealogy to the next generation with Kids Genealogy Activity Kit. With this kit, you will get ELEVEN resources perfect for kids to begin discovering their ancestry as you assist. Along with tips and tricks to dig into your heritage, you will also get fun genealogy activities like madlibs, family tree interview sheets, family tree templates to fill in, and much more!
- Zap the Grandma Power Up Workbook
- Pocket Buddy Notebook Set
- Stories from My Grandparent
- Ultimate Family Tree Chart Templates CD
- Family Tree Memory Keeper
- Family Tree MadLibs
- Family History for Kids
- 7 Family History Projects for Kids E-book
- Family Interview Sheet
- How to Fill Out a Family Tree Chart Video Download
- Remember That? eBook
Regularly $138.86 USD, now just $59.99 USD! Click HERE to shop -via Family Tree Magazine
FREE WEBINAR Discover Your Family in School Yearbooks presented by Mike Mansfield, Tuesday, May 8th, 1:00 pm Central – “School yearbook books are a treasure trove of photographic and local history. This webinar will present strategies for finding and using digitized school yearbooks to enhance your family trees with photographs of family members and discover new biographical information in these incredible resources.” Click HERE to register for FREE via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Save up to 86% on Genealogy E-books by Thomas MacEntee – Only $0.99 USD each! Now is your chance to stock on any of 12 titles by genealogy educator and author Thomas MacEntee! You can save as much as 86% with all Amazon Kindle e-books priced at just $0.99 USD!
Click HERE to view my author page at Amazon and select the e-book or e-books of your choice! Titles include:
- 500 Best Genealogy & Family History Tips
- After You’re Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research
- Digitization Options for Family Photos: Including Slides, Film Negatives, and Home Movies
- DNA Buying Guide
- Family History Trippin’ – A Guide to Planning a Genealogy Research Trip
- Guide to Wolfram|Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research
- Pinning Your Family History
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories
- Staying Safe with Social Media: A Guide for Genealogy and Family History
- The 15 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists
- The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook
- The Password Trick: How To Use a Different Password for Every Website
Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th, 2018. *Note: $0.99 USD offer does NOT include the print version of The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook available on Amazon.
Save 40% on Best-Selling DNA, Genealogy and Family History Books at Family Tree Magazine! Get Caught Reading is a nationwide campaign to promote the fun of reading books for all ages. Family Tree Magazine is holding a special sale with 40% off its best-selling DNA, genealogy and family history books!
Check out these amazing deals:
|The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy
||Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition
||Ultimate Guide to Genealogy Records eBook
These are only a few of the over 100 different titles all marked down by 40% during the Get Caught Reading Month sale at Family Tree Magazine. Click HERE to shop and remember you get FREE SHIPPING on all US orders over $50 USD**!
* Sale valid through Saturday, May 12th. Not valid with other offers. Some restrictions apply.
**US orders only.
Save 30% on Ancestry Gift Memberships – the PERFECT Mother’s Day gift*! Strong moms run in her family – and this gift for Mother’s Day can help her prove it.
Click HERE to read the new article “Why Ancestry Is the Perfect Gift for Mom” and learn the five reasons your Mom wants an Ancestry Gift Subscription!
U.S. Discovery: Access all U.S. records
- 6-month subscription – Save $30 USD
Regularly $99 USD, now just $69 USD
- 12-month subscription – Save $60 USD
Regularly $189 USD, now just $129 USD
World Explorer: Access U.S. & international records
- 6-month subscription – Save $50 USD
Regularly $149 USD, now just $99 USD
- 12-month subscription – Save $50 USD
Regularly $299 USD, now just $209 USD
BONUS: If you’ve wanted to try Ancestry for yourself, consider this gift subscription offer to AVOID the auto-renewal on a regular subscription . . . these gift subscriptions will NOT renew!
And you can set a specific activation date for Ancestry Gift Subscription – click HERE to get started NOW! Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th – via Ancestry
*Offer valid through Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer available for new subscribers only and not for renewal for current subscriptions.
LAST DAY! Save $30 CAD on AncestryDNA Canada – just $99 CAD! “AncestryDNA will reveal your unique DNA story, connecting you with ethnic regions around the world. Let your DNA show you the way! SAVE $30 CAD during the Mother’s Day Sale and discover your history.”
Regularly $129 CAD, now just $99 CAD! Sale valid through Tuesday, May 8th. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA Canada
LAST DAY! Save up to 50% on Findmypast! During this amazing sale, Findmypast is offering special discounts on a variety of different subscriptions:
- Findmypast US: Save 50% on a 1-Month Ultimate British & Irish subscription – click HERE
- Findmypast UK: Save 10% on a 12-month Pro subscription – click HERE
- Findmypast Ireland: Save 10% on a 12-Month Ireland or World subscription – click HERE
- Findmypast Australia & New Zealand: Save 10% on a 12-Month World subscription – click HERE
Use links above to claim your savings! Sale valid through May 8th – via Findmypast
FREE VIDEO COURSE How to Write Your Life Story in Record Time at Legacy Tale! This is a SUPER DEAL that will help you get started writing any family history story – your own or Mom’s! One of the best products at Legacy Tale, in my opinion and based on my review HERE, is the Tell Your Tale E-Book Series. Normally priced at $5.99 USD each and filled with writing prompts to help you bring out the best possible family stories on a variety of topics, you can get the entire bundle of 9 books for just $29.99 USD! And as a bonus, when you order the Tell Your Tale bundle, you can get the How to Write Your Life Story in Record Time video course (a $12.99 USD value) for FREE!
IMPORTANT: You must place both items (Tell Your Tale e-book bundle HERE and How to Write Your Life Story in Record Time HERE), then check out using promo code FREE4MOM at checkout in order to claim these savings! Offer valid through May 14th. Click HERE to shop – via Legacy Tale
Save up to 28% during Family Tree DNA Mother’s Day Sale! Family Tree DNA is holding an AMAZING Mother’s Day Sale with some SWEET prices on DNA test kits and bundles!
“Save up to 28% on our top selling DNA tests during our Mother’s Day Sale. See yourself through your DNA and bring your unique family history into focus. Family Finder provides powerful interactive tools to help find your DNA matches, trace your lineage through time and determine family connections.”
The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79, now just $59 USD! Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
mtDNA Test Kits On Sale!
There are even more savings when you purchase these DNA test kits at Family Tree DNA:
- mtFull Sequence: Examines all regions of mtDNA, identifying your maternal haplogroup and migration path. Regularly $199, now just $149! Save $50! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle: Allows you to explore your deep maternal ancestry and migrations and all that Family Finder has to offer. Regularly $278, now just $199! Save $80! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Tests 500 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $799, now just $649! Save $150! Click HERE
Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
MyHeritage DNA – just $59 USD! The MyHeritage DNA Mother’s Day Sale has started and you can get the MyHeritage DNA test kit – an autosomal DNA test kit similar to 23andMe and AncestryDNA – for just $59 USD!
“Over the past 15 years, MyHeritage has helped millions of people find new family members and discover their ethnic origins. Your DNA test offers you the powerful experience of discovering what makes you unique and learning where you really come from. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of users all around the world.”
Get MyHeritage DNA for only $59 USD! Sale valid through Monday, May 14th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage DNA
Save 50% on 3-in-1 DNA test kit at Living DNA! Give Mom a new adventure this Mother’s Day! Celebrate Mother’s Day and get 50% off the Living DNA 3-in-1 ancestry test, with promo code MOMSDAY7. “Explore your motherline today! Living DNA brings your direct motherline to life by testing a type of DNA called mitochondrial DNA. This is passed down the generations with little change, which enables us to share your motherline group along with its potential history.”
Regularly $159 USD, sale price $99 USD, with promo code you pay just $79 USD! Remember, you must use promo code MOMSDAY7 at checkout. Sale valid through Sunday, May 14th. Click HERE to shop – via Living DNA
Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR Take 20% Off* during Mother’s Day Sale at 23andMe – “We love mom genes.™ No two moms (or grandmas) are alike but every mom will love this gift.” If you purchase two kits and get one free (you can mix and match the Ancestry Service and the Ancestry Service + Health kits), you can save up to 30% of the FULL PRICE ($99 USD Ancestry Service and $199 USD Ancestry Service + Health)!
Otherwise, each kit is just 20% off: the Ancestry Service test kit (autosomal DNA test, compare to AncestryDNA), regularly $99 USD, is now just $79.20 USD! The Ancestry Service + Health test kit, which also provides health information based on DNA, regularly $199 USD, is now just $159.20 USD! Sale valid through May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe
*Note: Buy any 23andMe kit and receive 20% off each kit, or, purchase any two (2) 23andMe kits at regular price and receive the third (3rd) kit, that is of equal or lesser value, for free. Customers can mix and match kits. The Buy 2 Kits and Get 1 Free offer can only be applied once per order, any additional kits will receive 20% off. Savings based on regular price per kit (Ancestry Service $99 / Health + Ancestry $199). Offer ends May 13, 2018.
FREE SHIPPING via Amazon!
Want to save money and get 23andMe at the same Mother’s Day Sale prices (20% off only – no Buy 2 Get 1 available) PLUS FREE One-Day Shipping? If you have an Amazon Prime membership, click HERE and order your test through Amazon!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.