Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, November 27, 2018
UPDATED 2:00 pm CST, Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
So here at Genealogy Bargains we are getting back to the “new normal” now that Cyber Monday is over. We will stick with the new format of listing bargains by category and vendor for now . . . in the long term, the goal is to change the format of this site making it easier to find savings on the products and services you want!
What’s New Today at Genealogy Bargains?
- Amazon Cyber Monday sales on data storage devices and Amazon Echo devices still going! – LINK
- AncestryDNA has set a new Holiday sale price of $59 USD – LINK
- Family Tree DNA: Holiday Sale continues with Family Finder just $49 USD – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine Cyber Monday sale has been extended . use promo code CYBER10 – LINK
- Hack Genealogy DNA Boot Camps are still 50% off – sale has been extended – LINK
- Kodak SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner 48% off at Amazon – LINK
- MyHeritage DNA Cyber Monday sale has been extended sale price $49 USD – LINK
- Research, Write, Connect! has extended their 40% off Cyber Sale on The Write Stuff online courses with writing expert Lisa Alzo – use promo code CYBER40 – LINK
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Family History Writing Tools
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Genealogy Research Services
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Fun Stuff for Genealogists – Anything and Everything Else
- Give the Gift of Family History
Directory of Vendors
Here is a quick directory of vendors offering special promotions during the holidays (click each link to visit the main website for that vendor):
- AncestryDNA Canada
- AncestryDNA UK
- AncestryDNA US
- Celebrate DNA
- Family ChartMasters
- Family History Researcher Academy
- Family Locket
- Family Tree DNA
- Family Tree Magazine
- Findmypast DNA
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner
- Hack Genealogy
- Legacy Tree Genealogists
- Living DNA
- MyHeritage DNA
- Picture Keeper
Each of the Big 5 vendors (23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA) are still offering major savings during the holiday season compared to normal prices. Some are also offering free shipping and other incentives.
- NEW! 23andMe: Take 30% off + FREE gift wrapping during Holiday Sale at 23andMe. 23andMe for Ancestry, regularly $99 USD, now just $69 USD. 23andMe DNA for Health + Ancestry, regularly $199 USD, now just $139. Sale valid through Tuesday, December 25th – LINK
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – LINK
- NEW! AncestryDNA: Holiday Sale at AncestryDNA – AncestryDNA just $59 USD! Sale valid through Monday, December 24th – LINK
- AncestryDNA Canada: Christmas Sale at AncestryDNA Canada – just $89 CDN! Sale valid through Monday, December 24th – LINK
- AncestryDNA UK: Christmas Sale at AncestryDNA UK – just £63! Sale valid through Monday, November 26th – LINK
- NEW! Family Tree DNA: Family Finder only $49 USD during Holiday Sale – huge discounts on Y-DNA, mtDNA and bundles too! Sale valid through Monday, December 31st – LINK
- Findmypast DNA: Holiday Sale with HUGE Savings! Just $89 USD,
$99 CAD, £79, €89 and $129 AUD Sale valid through Monday, December 24th – LINK
- Living DNA: Save up to 40% during Living DNA Black Friday Sale – regularly $99 USD, now just $69 USD or purchase 2 or more kits for $59 USD each! Sale valid through Monday, November 26th – LINK
- EXTENDED! MyHeritage: Cyber Monday Sale – MyHeritage DNA just $49 USD plus FREE SHIPPING with promo code FREE18! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 27th – LINK
- EXTENDED! Family Tree Magazine: Cyber Monday Sale – 50% Off STOREWIDE PLUS save an EXTRA 10% with promo code CYBER10 – LINK
- Family History Researcher Academy: Save 25% off 52-week online course in English and Welsh Genealogy Research! You save $3.50 USD / £2.75 GBP per month on the full price. You’ll get 52 weekly modules delivered to your computer, so that you can peruse them at your own speed and at the time that you want. And you can cancel at any time! Click HERE for the US offer and click HERE for the UK offer. Sale valid through Friday, November 30th, 2018.
- Family Locket: Save 45% on Research Like a Pro e-course, regularly $125 USD, now just $69 USD! Sale valid through Thursday, November 29th – LINK
- EXTENDED! Hack Genealogy: Take 50% off ALL DNA Downloads during Black Friday Sale – use promo code BLACKFRIDAY. Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
- FREE WEBINAR Railroad Records and Railroad History: Methods for Tracking presented Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FMGS, FUGA, Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 1:00 pm Central – “Did great-grandpa traverse this nation as he worked for the railroad? For which railroad did he work? Where did it run? Are there railroad records which may give us personal details? Visuals and references demonstrate the wealth of historical materials available all across the U.S. When this lecture is over you will know where to turn to find out more about the railroad, its records, and where to find them.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- NEW! Ancestry: Save 20% on Gift Memberships during the Holiday Sale. Valid through Monday, December 24th – LINK
- Newspapers.com: Save $20 on a 6-month subscription at Newspapers.com! Regularly $74.90 USD, now just $54.90 USD. Sale valid through Sunday, December 2nd – LINK
EXTENDED! Save 40% off the regular price of The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect! You must use coupon code CYBER40 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 27th! And act NOW in order to qualify for your FREE consultation with Lisa Alzo! Click HERE to save!
- Write Stuff I: Telling the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschooling, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Legacy Tree Genealogists: Through Wednesday, November 28th, Legacy Tree Genealogists clients can receive $150 off our popular Standard 40-Hour Research Project with code CYBER150. Sale valid through Wednesday, November 28th! – LINK
- NEW! Amazon: KODAK SCANZA Digital Film & Slide Scanner converts 35mm, 126, 110, Super 8 & 8mm Film Negatives & Slides to JPEG – regularly $229.99 USD, now just $119.99 PLUS free shipping for Amazon Prime Members – LINK
- Flip-Pal: Save $35 and get FREE SHIPPING* with Genealogy Value Pack! *Free 3-5 day shipping via USPS within continental US only. Other shipping options are available. Offer expires December 31, 2018 – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup: normally $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Click HERE for more info.
- Picture Keeper: Cyber Monday Sale – Save 60% on Computer Backup Devices! Right now you can get the 32GB Picture Keeper with 16,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $129.99 USD, for just $52.00 USD when you use promo code THANKS60 at checkout! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 8GB and 16GB sizes. Sale ends TODAY, Monday, November 26th – LINK
- Amazon: Save BIG on Data Storage Deals! – LINK
- Amazon Devices: Save up to 50% on Amazon Echo, Dot and other devices! Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa, regularly $39.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD – LINK; Echo (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa, regularly $99.99 USD, now just $69 USD – LINK
- RootsMagic: Save 67% with Special Holiday Offer at RootsMagic! “Are you looking for a gift that will really bring the family together? Then give the gift of computer software that unites families. And, as a RootsMagic customer, we’ve made it even easier for you by offering an amazing bundle including RootsMagic 7, Personal Historian 3, Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic 7, and Personal Historian: The Companion Guide (a $90 value) for as low as $30!” – LINK
What will you find here? T-shirts, mugs, bumper stickers and more to show off your love of all things genealogy and family history related!
- Celebrate DNA: 25% off on DNA-related T-shirts, Sweatshirts and Hoodies (adult sizes) at Celebrate DNA! Use promo code THOMAS18 at checkout! Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Save 47% on Klikel Family Tree Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames – a great holiday gift! Regularly $76.15 USD, now just $39.99 USD! HURRY these always sell out fast! – LINK
- Family ChartMasters: Save 50% on customized DNA ethnicity charts at Family ChartMasters starting at just $9.95 USD – must use promo code NOVDNA50 at checkout! Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
- PrinterPix: – Save up to 94% off on 11″ x 8.5″ Personalized Hardcover Photo Books from Printerpix! – LINK
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.