Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Save over 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus FREE SHIPPING – just $169 USD! – CLICK HERE
- 23andMe Canada: 23andMe Thanksgiving Sale! Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit just $79 CAD when you purchase 2 or more (pay just $99 CAD for a single test kit) – CLICK HERE
- Evidentia: Purchase Evidentia genealogy software and get The Evidentia Companion book for FREE! – CLICK HERE
- Family Cookbook Project: Save up to 87% on family cookbook making software and up to 10 family cookbooks! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 30% on Beginner Genealogy Resources with promo code BEGIN30 – CLICK HERE
- Helix DNA Test – National Geographic: Save over 35% – pay just $65 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Remote Research in the Databases of the Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- TODAY ONLY! Picture Keeper: Save up to 63% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story online course with promo code FALL18 – CLICK HERE
- Southtree Digital Media: Get a $75 USD voucher for use towards digital media conversion services for just $19 USD! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 30% on Beginner Genealogy Resources at Family Tree Magazine!* “Since being passed by Congress in 2001, Family History Month as been observed annually during the month of October. The month now celebrates a great deal of promotion and recognition – from community events to lectures and workshops held by historians and funeral service professionals, there are plenty of ways to get out and get inspired.
Family Tree Magazine is celebrating Family History month in a big way. Every week, Family Tree Shop will have exclusive savings and deals. The deal changes each week, so check back to see the new sale every Sunday. This week save 30% on resources to get started in genealogy with code BEGIN30! But don’t wait, this sale ends Saturday!”
- Family Tree Factbook: This convenient, timesaving collection of genealogy hacks gathers the best resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts from the experts at Family Tree Magazine. Inside, you’ll find fast facts about a variety of family history topics, such as important dates in US history, the different kinds of DNA tests, and how to use the best genealogy websites. Regularly $24.99 USD, now just $17.49 USD!
- Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition: Dive into Ancestry.com! This updated and expanded guide will show you how to use Ancestry.com, including AncestryDNA. Full of Ancestry.com tips and strategies, this complete guidebook to Ancestry.com will help you find your ancestors’ records and build out your family tree on the no. 1 genealogy website. Regularly $26.99 USD, on sale for $21.59 USD, now just $15.11 USD! Click HERE to save!
- Ultimate Guide to Genealogy Records eBook: Discover the best genealogy records using the tips and strategies in this guide, which shows you how to find and use census records, birth records, marriage records and more. With this detailed ebook, you can search for your family tree and ancestry records with ease. Regularly $19.99 USD, now just $13.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing: Reconnect with your family tree using the adoption genealogy strategies in this guide. Inside, you’ll learn how to find birth parents using adoption records and the best DNA tests for adoptees. Regularly $29.99 USD, now just $20.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- The Ethics of Genetic Genealogy: DNA testing is a powerful tool for breaking through brick walls and finding our family history. But it can also bring to light sensitive issues and uncover long-buried family secrets. What is the best way to approach DNA testing without causing needless pain to relatives and loved ones? In this 30-minute presentation, Barbara Rae-Venter explores taking an ethical approach to DNA testing. Regularly $39.99 USD, now just $27.99 USD! Click HERE to shop!
- Genetic Genealogy Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet outlines (in plain English) how you can get started using genealogical DNA testing to unpuzzle your own ancestry questions with at-a-glance charts, tips and resources. Regularly $9.99 USD, now just $6.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- Boost Your Research Productivity: Boost your genealogy research productivity and overcome obstacles to reach your goals with efficiency using expert strategies from a certified genealogist and librarian. Regularly $49.99 USD, now just $34.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
- DNA Demystified: Interested in exploring DNA testing for genealogy but confused by the technical buzzwords? Have your test results but wonder how it actually applies to your family history? In this presentation, you’ll get a crash course in DNA testing terminology. You’ll learn exactly what you need to know to use this cutting-edge technology to solve your genealogy riddles. Regularly $39.99 USD, now just $27.99 USD! Click HERE to save!
Remember to use promo code BEGIN30 at checkout to claim your 30% savings! Sale valid through Saturday, October 6th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Use code BEGIN30 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends October 6, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Sale excludes live courses, subscriptions, gift cards, bundles, kits, and third-party products. Sale valid on Family History Month Savings category only. Other exclusions may apply. Not valid with other offers.
TODAY ONLY! Save up to 63% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 16GB Picture Keeper with 8,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $99.99 USD, for just $37 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 8GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid TODAY ONLY, Tuesday, October 2nd. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 35% on Helix DNA Test – National Geographic! National Geographic Geno 2.0 is an ancestry DNA test that helps you discover the migration paths your ancient ancestors followed and learn the details of your deep ancestral makeup. Here’s some of what you’ll get:
- Follow the route: A breakdown of your regional ancestry by percentage, going as far back as 500,000 years
- A deeper story: Reveal the anthropological story of your ancestors, from where they lived to how they migrated
- Hominin origins: A percentage of how much your DNA is similar to our ancient cousins, the Neanderthals
- Your famous relatives: Learn which historical geniuses, like Benjamin Franklin and Nikola Tesla, you might be related to
Regularly $99.95 USD, you pay just $65 USD*! Click HERE to shop via Groupon.
*Promotional value expires Dec 31, 2018. Amount paid never expires. Limit 10 per person. Offer applies to purchases with a Helix DNA kit only and includes shipping and handling. Cannot be applied to previous purchases and cannot be combined with any other Helix offers. Online redemption required; must complete order at the website listed on your voucher. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
Save up to 80% on Southtree Digital Conversion Services!* This is an AMAZING deal right now – you can get a voucher for digital conversion services at Groupon for up to 80% off! Example: the $75 USD voucher is just $19 USD and with our special promo code below, the final price is just $15.20 USD! Southtree is a highly regarded leader in the digital conversion business and a new vendor at Groupon with HIGH RATINGS for their work converting your cherished video tapes to DVD!
Select from three (3) vouchers:
- $75 USD voucher, now just $19 USD
- $150 USD voucher, now just $36 USD
- $350 USD voucher, now just $78USD
“In 2001, the team at Southtree converted their first videotape to DVD. By the time they celebrated their 10-year anniversary, they had transferred more than more than 5 million memories for more than a quarter-million customers onto long-lasting digital formats. Today, clients follow a simple process with services that include photo scanning, video to DVD, film to DVD, data DVD, reel to reel digital conversion, and ancient Roman scrolls into text messages about togas. The staff processes each item by hand, yielding high-resolution photos and professionally mastered DVDs. Customers should allow eight weeks from the time materials are sent to Southtree to receive shipment.
Southtree’s staff professionally master VHS, VHS-C, Hi8, Digital8, MiniDV, and Beta tapes and transfer them to DVDs or data DVDs, which can be edited, stored, and shared on your computer. They also turn slides and negatives into 10.2-megapixel digital images, old photos into 12-megapixel digital images, and digitize old film reels, including 8mm, Super8, and 16mm, and audio cassette tapes.”
BONUS: Right now you can use the promo code SUPER20 at checkout and save an additional 20% – you pay just $15.20 on your order at Groupon! Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
*Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per household, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per order. Valid only for option purchased. Online only. Not valid for hard drives. Extra fee for shipping; not valid toward shipping. Does not ship to Canada. Extra fee for shipping to AK or HI. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Save up to 87% on Family Cookbook Project software and cookbooks!* We’ll help you make your own personal or family cookbook! Are you looking to create an online or printed collection of your family’s fabulous recipes, photos and kitchen stories? The Great Family Cookbook Project helped more than 7,000 families and fundraising organizations with more than 31,000 contributors gather, organize and make available their favorite recipes in family cookbooks using our online cookbook software program! It’s easy, fun and affordable to create and print your own family cookbook – a lasting treasure of culinary memories.”
Select from three different options:
- Lifetime Access To Custom Photo Cookbook-Making Software, regularly $99.95 USD, now just $15 USD – 85% off!
- Lifetime Access To Custom Photo Cookbook-Making Software and Five Cookbooks, regularly $296.69 USD, now just $39 USD – 87% off!
- Lifetime Access To Custom Photo Cookbook-Making Software and Ten Cookbooks, regularly $336.25 USD, now just $59 USD – 82% off!
BONUS: Right now you can use the promo code SUPER20 at checkout and save an additional 20% on your order at Groupon!
Get started TODAY on creating your own family cookbook for the upcoming holidays! Also, genealogy societies can use Family Cookbook Project to create society cookbooks for fundraising! Family Cookbook Project is the #1 company for cookbook fundraisers! Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
* Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Online only. Must activate membership by expiration date on your voucher, membership valid for life. Shipping not included. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Purchase Evidentia genealogy software and get The Evidentia Companion Book (a $14.99 USD value) for FREE! “Family History month is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than a sale! Not only a sale though, but our biggest sale ever!!
From now until October 31st, buy a copy of Evidentia software and get a copy of the companion book FREE! You can select either the Soft Cover edition or the PDF edition of the Evidentia Companion with your copy of the software. That’s a $14.99 value.”
BONUS! Use our exclusive promo code HIDEFGEN at checkout and save 15%! Click HERE to shop – via Evidentia
FREE WEBINAR Remote Research in the Databases of the Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System presented by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA, Wednesday, October 3rd, 1:00 pm Central – “The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution has been collecting genealogical information since 1890 to support both the application process for membership and to honor the service of Patriots. The Society operates a marvelous library in Washington, DC. Over the last few years they have scanned and provided public access to extensive online resources” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story from Research, Write, Connect! The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code FALL18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through October 31st.
Save 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus get FREE SHIPPING! “Ready to be confused? Here goes . . .
- SCROLL DOWN at the 23andMe site and it appears as if 23andMe has a NEW product configuration with three different products: Ancestry Service (autosomal DNA test like AncestryDNA), a new Health Lite + Ancestry Service (with 40+ health reports), and the Health + Ancestry Service (with 90+ health reports).
- 23andMe has RAISED the price on its Health + Ancestry Service to $229 USD (from $199 USD) but they’ve added more features.
- SCROLL DOWN and click Health Lite + Ancestry Service and you will see this pop-up message: “GREAT NEWS! You’ve been upgraded to our Health + Ancestry Service at no additional cost since the service you selected (Health Lite + Ancestry Service) is currently unavailable. Please note that you will receive all 90+ reports, but you can opt out of receiving your Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports. We encourage you to review relevant information about Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports in the link below.” The Health + Ancestry Service product, normally $229 USD now appears as $169 USD in your cart!
IMPORTANT: This sale has NOT been announced and can DISAPPEAR at any time! Don’t put this off!
Regularly $229 USD, pay just $169 USD and new customers receive FREE SHIPPING (you’ll see a pop-up or sign up via e-mail for the free shipping offer). NOTE: make sure you select Health Lite + Ancestry Service to get this special price! Click HERE to shop via 23andMe.
Save up to 38% on 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – pay just $79 CAD each when you purchase 2 or more! “23andMe is holding its annual Thanksgiving Sale and has a great deal! Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.”
Regularly $129 CAD each, purchase 2 or more Ancestry Service DNA test kits and pay just $79 CAD each. Pay just $99 CAD when you purchase a single kit. Sale valid through October 8th, 2018. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe!
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.