Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, August 22, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! 23andMe: Summer Family Reunion Sale – Buy 3 Get 1 FREE plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: BIG SAVINGS on Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive – just $63 USD plus FREE SHIPPING – CLICK HERE
- The British Newspaper Archive: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGES – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 56% on Solving Adoption Mysteries in Your Family Tree Collection – CLICK HERE
- iDrive: Save 90% on 1st year of 2TB online backup – just $6.95 – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Researching Forces Ancestors (England and Wales) – CLICK HERE
- Living DNA: Save $10 during Living DNA Summer Sale – just $89! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
TODAY ONLY! FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations by Amber Richards – “Do you value your family pictures and photographs? Then, this is a must-read guide for you! Don’t risk losing forever these irreplaceable treasures. Our family pictures are priceless, a visual record of memories and loved ones. They deserve and require special care to guarantee they will still be around to pass on to the next generation. Many who enjoy family genealogy also have amazing collections of vintage family photos that need extra care in order to preserve them. Learn how to take the practical steps to protect your family photos, both the physical prints, and digital formats. Ensure that your treasures will survive and you don’t face the tragic loss of these pictures. Download your copy now.” Print version $9.75, Amazon Kindle version is FREE – usually these are ONE DAY ONLY sales so get yours now! Click HERE to download – via Amazon
NOTE: You do not need to own a Kindle device to take advantage of free ebooks on Amazon – click HERE for instructions on downloading free Amazon Kindle ebooks.
NEW! Summer Family Reunion Sale! Save 25% on ALL 23andMe DNA test kits! If you missed out on the amazing sale prices for 23andMe during their recent Summer Travel Sale, here’s your chance to still get great savings! During the 23andMe Summer Family Reunion Sale, you can get four 23andMe Ancestry DNA test kits for the price of three! That’s a 25% savings on either the 23andMe Ancestry Service test which currently sells for $99 USD or the 23andMe Ancestry Service + Health test, which sells for $199 USD. And did we mention FREE SHIPPING?
Sale valid through August 30th. Restrictions apply. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe.
NEW! Save 56% on Solving Adoption Mysteries in Your Family Tree Collection from Family Tree Magazine. “Nearly 5 million Americans alive today are adopted. If you have unknown parentage in your family tree, this collection is for you! Packed with a book, videos, and downloads, this collection will help you trace your birth family. You will learn how to use your DNA in your search, how to use the internet to find long-lost relatives, how to download and upload your DNA results to testing sites, and much more! Don’t wait, now is the time to track your long-lost family!”
Solving Adoption Mysteries in Your Family Tree collection includes:
- The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing
- Finding Your Birth Family With DNA Digital Download
- They’re Alive! Finding Living Relatives
- Finding Biological Family: A DNA Case Study
- Step-by-Step Guide: Researching Adopted and Orphaned Ancestors
- Genealogy Guide to Charting Modern Families
- Research Strategies: Using Genetic Genealogy to Find Family History Answers
- Downloading and Uploading Your DNA Test Data Quick Reference Guide
- DNA Adoptees in Your Family Tree
Regularly $158.93 USD, the Solving Adoption Mysteries in Your Family Tree Collection is just $69.99 USD!* Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Note: Advertised price valid through August 31st or while supplies last.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
NEW! LOWEST PRICE EVER on Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive – just $63 USD plus FREE SHIPPING via Amazon! “The My Book desktop hard drive is designed to complement your personal style with a massive amount of space to store your photos, videos, music and documents.”
- Auto backup with WD Backup software for Windows; Apple Time Time Machine-compatible for Mac
- Password protection with hardware encryption
- Easy and ready to use out of the box
- Up to 10TB capacity
- Trusted drive built with WD reliability
- Universal connectivity
We’ve seen this external hard drive priced recently as much as $179.99 USD, you pay just $63 USD and you get FREE SHIPPING too!* Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
* Note: FREE SHIPPING offer with Standard US Shipping
FREE WEBINAR Researching Forces Ancestors (England and Wales) presented Kirsty Gray, Wednesday, August 22nd, 1:00 pm Central – “Do you have a British ancestor who served as a soldier or sailor? This webinar will highlight the sources available over the last two centuries both online and offline, including researching at The National Archives (Kew), in local repositories and museums, to add flesh to the bones of your ancestor’s service history.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
90% off iDrive automatic online backup: normally $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Click HERE to sign up now and click HERE for more info – via iDrive.
Save 30% on The British Newspaper Archive! Get unlimited access to the British Newspaper Archive! There are hundreds of millions of incredible stories just waiting to be found. Get your subscription today to start exploring over 200 years of history. This is the PERFECT way to check out The British Newspaper Archive with over 27 million pages of historic newspapers from the 1700s to the 1950s!
There are three different packages to choose from:
- 12 Months – Unlimited pages: regularly, £6.67/mo, now just £4.67 /mo
- 3 Months – Unlimited pages: regularly, £8.64/mo, now just £6.05 /mo
- Monthly – Unlimited pages: regularly, £12.95/mo, now just £9.07 /mo
Use promo code AUG18 at at checkout if you do not automatically see the discount! Sale valid through August 25th. Click HERE to get started – via The British Newspaper Archive
Summer Sale at Living DNA – just $89 USD! Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Regularly $99 USD, now just $89 USD. Sale valid through August 31st. Click HERE to shop via Living DNA
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.