Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! 23andMe: Save over 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus FREE SHIPPING – just $169 USD! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! 23andMe Canada: 23andMe Thanksgiving Sale! Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit just $79 CAD when you purchase 2 or more (pay just $99 CAD for a single test kit) – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Toshiba 2TB Portable External Hard Drive – just $59 plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save up to 65% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software – CLICK HERE
- American Ancestors: FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution – CLICK HERE
- EXTENDED! DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save over 76% on Google Your Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 66% on Mastering Google Drive Toolkit – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
UPDATE: Some followers have said they don’t see the new product offering. My recommendation is to clear all your 23andMe cookies or use Google Chrome’s Incognito Window. Returning 23andMe customer may not see this special offer!
NEW! Save 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus get FREE SHIPPING! “Ready to be confused? Here goes . . .
- SCROLL DOWN at the 23andMe site and it appears as if 23andMe has a NEW product configuration with three different products: Ancestry Service (autosomal DNA test like AncestryDNA), a new Health Lite + Ancestry Service (with 40+ health reports), and the Health + Ancestry Service (with 90+ health reports).
- 23andMe has RAISED the price on its Health + Ancestry Service to $229 USD (from $199 USD) but they’ve added more features.
- SCROLL DOWN and click Health Lite + Ancestry Service and you will see this pop-up message: “GREAT NEWS! You’ve been upgraded to our Health + Ancestry Service at no additional cost since the service you selected (Health Lite + Ancestry Service) is currently unavailable. Please note that you will receive all 90+ reports, but you can opt out of receiving your Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports. We encourage you to review relevant information about Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports in the link below.” The Health + Ancestry Service product, normally $229 USD now appears as $169 USD in your cart!
IMPORTANT: This sale has NOT been announced and can DISAPPEAR at any time! Don’t put this off!
Regularly $229 USD, pay just $169 USD and new customers receive FREE SHIPPING (you’ll see a pop-up or sign up via e-mail for the free shipping offer). NOTE: make sure you select Health Lite + Ancestry Service to get this special price! Click HERE to shop via 23andMe.
NEW! Save up to 38% on 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – pay just $79 CAD each when you purchase 2 or more! “23andMe is holding its annual Thanksgiving Sale and has a great deal! Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.”
Regularly $129 CAD each, purchase 2 or more Ancestry Service DNA test kits and pay just $79 CAD each. Pay just $99 CAD when you purchase a single kit. Sale valid through October 8th, 2018. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe!
EXTENDED! Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Friday, September 28, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
NEW! Toshiba 2TB Portable External Hard Drive just $59 plus FREE SHIPPING via Amazon! “Keeping data storage simple, the Canvio Basics lets you bring your collections anywhere with its sleek portability and convenience, offering high storage capacity, easy setup, and quick accessibility to your stored content.”
Regularly $67.99 USD, now just $59 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING with your Amazon Prime Membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save up to 65% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean!
Some advice: the Home version is really all you need and it is available in a download version (no shipping fee) or with a CD installation.
Save 65% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $34.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
Save over 76% on Google Your Genealogy MEGA Collection from Family Tree Magazine! “In today’s world, 90 percent of your genealogy can be done from the comfort of home, and Google’s numerous free features are the portal to new family history finds. Google is a powerful tool for discovering online information about your ancestors and it is packed with many free features to enhance your family history research. This valuable collection will power your Google searches so you can build a stronger family tree.”
Regularly $417.96 USD, now just $99.99 USD! Click HERE to shop via Family Tree Magazine
Save 66% on Mastering Google Drive Toolkit from Family Tree Magazine – “You already know how powerful Google’s search engine is for finding information on your family history, but have you tapped into the power of using Google Drive for your genealogy? This Toolkit will help you master Google Drive, from creating and editing text documents to adding spreadsheets to creating presentations, even storing and editing photos, customizing maps, and other utilities. You’ll get templates you can upload straight to Google Drive, tips for making the most of spreadsheets to keep track of your ancestors and research, and more.
Best of all, the Mastering Google Drive Toolkit features digital products you can download right away. No waiting for items to ship; you can start learning all the features of Google Drive immediately.”
Regularly $103.91 USD, you pay just $34.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution presented by genealogist Kathy Kaldis, Thursday, September 28th, 3:00 pm EDT – “The countdown to the 250th Anniversary of the American Revolutionary War has begun. Becoming a member of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) is a wonderful way to honor and pay tribute to your ancestors who provided service during the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783). Join Genealogist Kathy Kaldis to learn about the NSDAR membership application process from start to finish.”
Click HERE to register for free – via American Ancestors/New England Historic Genealogical Society
Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection during Oktoberfest Sale at Family Tree Magazine! “Many Americans claim German ancestry – so many in fact, that it’s the largest, and with German lineage comes rich history – and a lot of records, with more being added online all the time. That makes this collection perfect for anyone who wants to do research on the German branches of their family tree. This collection is packed with the must-know info and research techniques for tracing your German roots, from finding your ancestor’s home village to using translate tools, cheat sheets, and other techniques to decipher what you find. Plus, you’ll get the historical background that drove emigration, changed your ancestor’s borders and nationality, and affected their daily lives.”
Regularly $328.89 USD, now just $79.99 USD* – you save over $250 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Advertised price valid through 9/30 or while supplies last.
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.