Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, April 3rd, 2020
FEATURED Genealogy Bargains
- LAST DAY! iDrive: 95% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 5TB cloud storage for just $3.48 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Offer valid through Friday, April 3rd! VIEW DETAILS
- LAST DAY! Genealogical Publishing Company: EXCLUSIVE SALE! Save 20% on Evidence Explained and Professional Genealogy! Right now, through Friday, April 3rd, you can save 20% on these “must have” genealogy books! You must use promo code hdgem (lower case) at checkout to save 20%! And don’t forget that all orders $50 or more receive FREE SHIPPING at Genealogical Publishing Company! VIEW DETAILS
Check Out These Freebies and Promotions to Get You Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
UPDATED! New freebies include Nikon photography classes and free access to HBO streaming!
Right now as we all seem to have our normal routines changing constantly in light of the COVID-10 Pandemic, we seek comfort in different ways. Some of us are looking for food deliveries while others want to settle in for an extended genealogy research binge! Offers will be updated periodically. Check out these offers and why not try something new this week? VIEW DETAILS
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! MyHeritage: Save 50% on MyHeritage Complete! MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only. The normal price is $299 USD and you’ll pay just $149 USD for a full year’s access.
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Research Assistance
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Give the Gift of Family History
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA during the MyHeritage Stay at Home Sale! Get the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $49! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits and standard shipping is FREE! Sale good through Thursday, April 30th. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage Stay at Home Sale! “MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry gives you all the features of a MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test, and adds a whole new dimension with insights into your genetic risk for developing certain conditions. Explore your ethnic origins, find new relatives, and gain valuable health insights to empower you and your family. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of people around the world.” Regularly $199, now just $99! Sale valid through Thursday, April 30th, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- EasyGenie™: Save 20% on ALL PRODUCTS at EasyGenie! We’ve brokered a special discount for fans and followers of Genealogy Bargains: Take 20% off any product at EasyGenie, your source for archival quality genealogy charts and forms. Choose from family tree charts, family group sheets, pedigree charts, and more! BONUS: Free shipping on orders over $10! Click HERE and use promo code GB20 to claim your savings! Sale valid through April 5th. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 63% on Kindle version of The Lost Family: How DNA Testing Is Upending Who We Are “A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives. You swab your cheek or spit into a vial, then send it away to a lab somewhere. Weeks later you get a report that might tell you where your ancestors came from or if you carry certain genetic risks. Or the report could reveal a long-buried family secret and upend your entire sense of identity. Soon a lark becomes an obsession, an incessant desire to find answers to questions at the core of your being, like “Who am I?” and “Where did I come from?” Welcome to the age of home genetic testing. In The Lost Family, journalist Libby Copeland investigates what happens when we embark on a vast social experiment with little understanding of the ramifications. Copeland explores the culture of genealogy buffs, the science of DNA, and the business of companies like Ancestry and 23andMe, all while tracing the story of one woman, her unusual results, and a relentless methodical drive for answers that becomes a thoroughly modern genetic detective story.” Print version regularly $27, get the Kindle version for just $9.99! VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: A FREE Legacy Family Tree Webinar Each Day during April 2020! “Legacy Family Tree Webinars wants to do its part to help genealogists across the world who are self-isolating at home right now. While we can’t do your grocery shopping or other practical activities, perhaps a genealogy class each day during the month of April will help as a diversion. Each day we’ll be unlocking one Legacy Family Tree webinar from the membership library to be available to watch for free.” VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: FREE Ask the Expert Sessions from My Heritage! During these isolated times, MyHeritage has decided to offer a new 30-minute series to answer questions about genealogy as well as records and features available at MyHeritage. The “Ask The Expert” sessions will be conducted ONLINE and via GoToWebinar and offered for FREE! During April 2020, the Ask the Expert series will be offered twice a week -on Tuesdays and Thursdays – at 2:00 pm Eastern. Daniel Horowitz, Genealogy Expert at MyHeritage, will explain how to use a feature and then answer questions from the audience. All Ask the Expert sessions will be recorded and made available at the MyHeritage Education page (https://education.myheritage.com/). VIEW DETAILS
SK Translations: Save $45 on Old German Handwriting Online Course! I’m proud to announce that I’ve partnered with Katherine Schober of SK Translations to promote AMAZING online courses on Old German Handwriting that she has developed. Now you can save $45 on Reading the Old German Handwriting course when you use the promo code ANCESTORS45 at checkout! Sale valid through Sunday, April 5th. VIEW DETAILS
- Level 1: How to Read the Alphabet of the Old German Handwriting. Learn to Recognize the Individual Letters of the Old German Script VIEW DETAILS
- Level 2: Recognizing the Most Important Vocabulary in the Old German Script If you know the words, it all gets easier! VIEW DETAILS
- Level 3: Deciphering Records in German Genealogy Practice Vital Records, Church Records, and Letters to Improve Your Deciphering Skills VIEW DETAILS
SAVE when you bundle ALL THREE courses! Regularly $129 per course, enroll in the ENTIRE SERIES for just $319! And with promo code ANCESTORS45 your final cost is just $274!
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to US CENSUS RECORDS at MyHeritage! The 2020 U.S Census is currently underway and households across America are already responding over the internet, by phone, or by paper questionnaire. To mark this once-a-decade milestone, searching and viewing all of our U.S. census collections is completely free from March 29th until April 5th, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: Having trouble finding success with your genealogy research? Ready to make the leap to MyHeritage? Here’s a way to try MyHeritage Complete for FREE and also save 50%! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save on Magnasonic All-in-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner regularly $79.99, now only $67.96! “Effortlessly convert your 126KPK, 135, 110, Super 8 and Negatives into premium high resolution 22MP digital photo JPEG files. Still images only, not video. Relive and share your memories in no time with only the push of a button.” VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Right now, the 8GB size, regularly $59.99, now just $24.99! VIEW DETAILS
Give the Gift of Family History
- Amazon: Save 50% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $37.99! VIEW DETAILS
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.