Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, January 18th, 2019
UPDATED 7:00 am CST, Friday, January 18th, 2019
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! ArkivDigital: FREE ACCESS WEEKEND! Get access to the All-In-One Service featuring access to over 81 million images of Swedish records! Valid through Sunday, January 20th – LINK
- NEW! PrinterPix: – Save up to 93% on 11″ x 8.5″ Personalized Hardcover Photo Books from Printerpix! – LINK
- NEW! Research, Write, Connect!: Save 40% off the regular price of The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect! You must use coupon code ICE19 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through Thursday, January 31st! And act NOW – the first 10 paid students receive a FREE 15-minute consultation with writing expert Lisa Alzo! – LINK
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Family History Writing Tools
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
DNA test kit prices have settled down with no real deep discounts – except on Groupon where some good deals can still be had!
- EXTENDED! MyHeritage: Get MyHeritage DNA for just $69 USD during the MyHeritage New Year Sale! PLUS get FREE SHIPPING when you purchase 2 or more kits! Sale valid through Monday, January 21st – LINK
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA.
- AncestryDNA US: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $99 USD – LINK
- AncestryDNA UK: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just £79 – LINK
- Family Tree DNA: Family Finder DNA test kit – autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – just $79 USD – LINK
- Helix DNA / National Geographic: Save 40% on Geno 2.0 DNA test kit, regularly $99.95 USD, now just $59.99 USD via Groupon – LINK
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports at Vitagene. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD.
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on DNA Next Steps Research Collection from Family Tree Magazine! “Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available, DNA testing! Get the key resources that will help you unlock your DNA test results to expand your family tree with this exclusive collection containing SEVEN resources. Learn how to understand ethnicity estimates, triangulation, haplogroup designations, use third-party tools like GEDmatch, and much more with this collection! Don’t wait, start unpuzzling your DNA and expand your family tree today!” Regularly $389.93 USD, now just $69.99 USD*! – LINK
*Advertised price valid through 1/31 or while supplies last.
- Amazon: Save 19% on Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills. Regularly $59.95, now just $48.76 USD, plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
- Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save up to 90% on The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! Regular print price is $19.99 USD, Amazon Kindle price is just $1.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 80% on World War I Genealogy Research Guide: Tracing American Military and Non-Combatant Ancestors! Regularly $14.99 USD print version, get the Amazon Kindle version for just $2.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 90% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger. “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.” – LINK
- EXTENDED! Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp! Register for this ONLINE event on Saturday, January 19th with DNA expert Mary Eberle and moderated by Thomas MacEntee and save $8 USD! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $17.99 USD! – LINK
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
Family History Writing Tools
WINTER SALE: Save 40% on The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect!
LIMITED TIME OFFER! Save 40% off the regular price of The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect! You must use coupon code ICE19 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through Thursday, January 31st! And act NOW – the first 10 paid students receive a FREE 15-minute consultation with writing expert Lisa Alzo!
- Write Stuff I: Telling the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD
- Write Stuff III: Selling the Story, regularly priced at $169.00 USD, now just $101.40 USD
- NEW! ArkivDigital: FREE ACCESS WEEKEND! Get access to the All-In-One Service featuring access to over 81 million images of Swedish records! “Besides everything in our database such as church records, estate inventories, court records, tax/census records, military, passenger ship manifests, Swedish American church records and other historical records you get access to the aerial photographs plus all of our registers: Population of Sweden 1940, Population of Sweden 1950, Population of Sweden 1960, Population of Sweden 1975, Population of Sweden 1985, Population of Sweden 1860-1947 (name index of all household/congregation records between 1860 and 1947), Swedes in US 1940, Inventory of estate, portrait collection, birth, marriage and death indexes for parts of Sweden, military service cards and the agricultural statistics of 1944.” Valid through Sunday, January 20th – LINK
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – LINK
- Fold3: Save 40% during Fold3 12th Anniversary Sale! “Get access to everything on Fold3 – over 537 MILLION records – including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.” A one-year subscription, regularly $79.95 USD, is just $47.95 USD – that’s only $3.99 a month! – LINK
*NOTE: Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $47.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer. Offer valid through January 31st, 2019.
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images!
- Amazon: Save 72% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean! Save 70% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $29.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
- Amazon: Save 41% on Western Digital 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0. “The My Passport portable hard drive is trusted to store the massive amounts of photos, videos and music you love. Available in an array of vibrant, fun colors, the sleek style fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, so you can easily take your treasured content everywhere you go.” Regularly $159.99 USD, now just $94.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 25% on Seagate Expansion 4TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0. “Windows computers tend to perform better when their internal drives aren’t filled to the brim. That’s why Expansion Portable is here to help. Transfer, backup, and give that desktop or laptop the space it needs. Fast USB connectivity and drag-and-drop style make the whole process a no brainer.” – Regularly $119.99 USD, now just $89.99 USD – LINK
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Save up to 93% Off 11″ x 8.5″ Personalized Hardcover Photo Books from Printerpix!* Get started on Valentine’s Day gifts or stock up for your family reunion next summer! You can purchase the Groupon voucher NOW and then take 90 days to create your photo book! With this amazing offer at Printerpix you get your choice of:
One 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $52.95 USD, now just $5.99 USD!
Three 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $158.85 USD, now just $14.99 USD!
Five 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $264.75 USD, now just $24.99 USD!
Ten 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $529.90 USD, now just $42.99 USD!
Fifteen 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $794.25 USD, now just $56.99 USD!
Twenty 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $1,059 USD, now just $69.99 USD!
*Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per order. Shipping not included; see delivery rates. Does not ship to AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico. Most orders ship within 12 business days via UPS/DHL from the redemption date. Does not ship to PO boxes. FINAL SALE; no returns unless defective. See return policy. Tax included except in FL. Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Must use promotional value in 1 visit(s). Valid only for option purchased. Voucher is non-transferable. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Amazon: Special price on Philip Whitney Metal Family Tree Picture Frames with 10 Hanging Photo Frames – a great gift! Only $38.99 USD! Also available in 6 frame configuration and with extra frames – LINK
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.