Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, January 25th, 2019
UPDATED 7:00 am CST, Friday, January 25th, 2019
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! RootsTech: Access RootsTech sessions when and where you want with the RootsTech Virtual Pass starting at just $79 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Family History Writing Tools
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
- DNA Boot Camp: All DNA Boot Camp digital downloads are 50% off through Thursday, January 31st with promo code BRICKWALL! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA.
- AncestryDNA US: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $99 USD – LINK
- AncestryDNA UK: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just £79 – LINK
- Family Tree DNA: Family Finder DNA test kit – autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – just $79 USD – LINK
- Helix DNA / National Geographic: Save 39% on Geno 2.0 DNA test kit, regularly $99.95 USD, now just $60.51 USD via Groupon – LINK
- MyHeritage: Early Valentines Day Sale begins with MyHeritage DNA just $59 USD, 59£ UK, $79 CAD, $89 AUD and $89 NZD! PLUS free shipping when you purchase two or more MyHeritage DNA kits! – LINK
- Vitagene: Special coupon sale on Vitagene. via Amazon! Sale prices at $79 USD, special coupon $10 USD off, your final price is just $69 USD! – LINK
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports at Vitagene. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD.
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on DNA Next Steps Research Collection from Family Tree Magazine! “Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available, DNA testing! Get the key resources that will help you unlock your DNA test results to expand your family tree with this exclusive collection containing SEVEN resources. Learn how to understand ethnicity estimates, triangulation, haplogroup designations, use third-party tools like GEDmatch, and much more with this collection! Don’t wait, start unpuzzling your DNA and expand your family tree today!” Regularly $389.93 USD, now just $69.99 USD! – LINK
- Family Locket: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide. Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Save an additional 10% STOREWIDE during Family Tree Magazine New Year Sale with promo code NEWYEAR10 – LINK
- Amazon: Save 17% on Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills. Regularly $59.95, now just $49.67 USD, plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
- Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 80% on World War I Genealogy Research Guide: Tracing American Military and Non-Combatant Ancestors! Regularly $14.99 USD print version, get the Amazon Kindle version for just $2.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 90% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger. “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.” – LINK
- NEW! RootsTech: Access RootsTech sessions when and where you want with the RootsTech Virtual Pass starting at just $79 USD! With the virtual pass, you’ll have access to 18 online recorded sessions from the conference. You can watch playbacks from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone device whenever and however you’d like – all for just $129! The virtual pass is perfect for any genealogist who is unable to travel to Salt Lake City and attend the conference in person. Already planning on attending but want access to more content? Add the virtual pass on to your existing registration for only $79! Save money and further your family history skills? Now that’s convenient! – VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Patriot or Not?: Using the Genealogical Proof Standard on a Closed DAR Line presented by Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL, Friday, January 25th, 1:00 pm Central – “The audience is introduced to the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS) and then presented with four research questions concerning a man who is currently a patriot on a closed DAR line. The closed line needs more proof before descendants may claim his service. After going through the evidence, the audience will be asked to participate in the decision on whether the conclusion has been proven for each of four research questions. The Colglazier family was said to be of Pennsylvania, but were they? Following each step of the migration backward from where they settled in Indiana to the Military District of Ohio to their origins through land, probate, military, census, and tax lists, the questions are laid out and analyzed through several analysis techniques. This lecture discusses what constitutes an exhaustive search, proof, and conflicting evidence, as well as techniques (time lines, spreadsheets, and other analysis tools) that help us see the answers in the data.” – VIEW DETAILS
- Family Locket: Save over 20% on Research Like a Pro E-course! “Could you use some structure in your genealogy research? Do you need help breaking down your brick walls? Take our Research Like a Pro eCourse to learn how to analyze records, make a research plan, keep a research log, and write a report. Watch eight webinars recorded by Diana Elder, AG. Take quizzes, listen to our free podcast, and read chapters from the book. Join our private Facebook community to share your assignments and receive feedback. Check in during our monthly live “Ask Diana” office hours to get help in a group setting. The e-Course will give you the extra boost you might need in your research efforts. You’ll be able to work at your own pace and still receive valuable assistance along the way.” Regularly $125.00 USD, you pay just $99.00 USD! Sale valid through February 5th, 2019 – LINK
- Hack Genealogy: Save 25% on GEDMatch and Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches Boot Camp on Saturday, February 16th, 2019! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD – LINK
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
Family History Writing Tools
WINTER SALE: Save 40% on The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect!
LIMITED TIME OFFER! Save 40% off the regular price of The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect! You must use coupon code ICE19 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through Thursday, January 31st! And act NOW – the first 10 paid students receive a FREE 15-minute consultation with writing expert Lisa Alzo!
- Write Stuff I: Telling the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD
- Write Stuff III: Selling the Story, regularly priced at $169.00 USD, now just $101.40 USD
- Fold3: Save 40% during Fold3 12th Anniversary Sale! “Get access to everything on Fold3 – over 537 MILLION records – including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.” A one-year subscription, regularly $79.95 USD, is just $47.95 USD – that’s only $3.99 a month! – LINK
*NOTE: Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $47.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer. Offer valid through January 31st, 2019.
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – LINK
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $79.99 USD – LINK
- ScanDigital: Save up to 84% on Videotape to DVD transfers! Time to FINALLY get those old videotapes converted to digital! Specialists convert Videotapes into digital formats stored on DVDs or scan old pictures to turn them into digital images. Valid for VHS, VHS-C, High8, MiniDV, Betamax videotapes, or for printed photos, 35mm or APS Negatives, and 35mm slides. Three videotape to DVD transfers, regularly $74 USD, now just $16 USD; six videotape to DVD transfers, regularly $185 USD, now just $29 USD! – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images!
- Amazon: Save 41% on Western Digital 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0. “The My Passport portable hard drive is trusted to store the massive amounts of photos, videos and music you love. Available in an array of vibrant, fun colors, the sleek style fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, so you can easily take your treasured content everywhere you go.” Regularly $159.99 USD, now just $94.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 25% on Seagate Expansion 4TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0. “Windows computers tend to perform better when their internal drives aren’t filled to the brim. That’s why Expansion Portable is here to help. Transfer, backup, and give that desktop or laptop the space it needs. Fast USB connectivity and drag-and-drop style make the whole process a no brainer.” – Regularly $119.99 USD, now just $89.99 USD – LINK
- Amazon: Save 72% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean! Save 70% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $29.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Special price on Philip Whitney Metal Family Tree Picture Frames with 10 Hanging Photo Frames – a great gift! Only $38.99 USD! Also available in 6 frame configuration and with extra frames – LINK
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.