Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, June 12th, 2020
Today is Friday, June 12th, 2020 and we’ve got lots of new deals on DNA, genealogy and family history at GenealogyBargains.com!
FEATURED Genealogy Bargains
- FLASH SALE! MyHeritage: Save 50% on MyHeritage Complete! MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only. The normal price is $299 USD and you’ll pay just $149 USD for a full year’s access. Sale ends Saturday, June 13th!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
Up your genealogy game with these AMAZING and FREE online learning classes during Legacy Family Tree’s Webinar Weekends in June!
- Metadata for Digital Images by Thomas MacEntee (NEW!) VIEW DETAILS
- Tracking Your Digital Breadcrumbs: Bookmarks, Toolbars, Notes, and Other Applications by Cyndi Ingle (members-only webinar to be unlocked) VIEW DETAILS
- Google Drive: an Office in the Cloud by DearMYRTLE and Russ Worthington (members-only webinar to be unlocked) VIEW DETAILS
- Top Tech Tips for the Technologist and the Genealogist by Geoff Rasmussen (members-only webinar to be unlocked) VIEW DETAILS
- Tech Savvy Scrapbooking & Journaling for Family History by Amie Bowser Tennant (members-only webinar to be unlocked) VIEW DETAILS
- Microsoft Word Series – #3 Formatting Tips and Tricks by Thomas MacEntee VIEW DETAILS
- Finding Your 18th Century Ancestors in England by Paul Milner (NEW!)
- Finding Your 19th Century Ancestors in England by Paul Milner (NEW!)
- Why did the Welsh leave Wales? by Penny Walters (NEW!)
- Black British family history: research and identity by Penny Walters (NEW!)
- Foundations of Scottish Genealogy 1 of 12: The Top 3 Resources by Bruce Durie (members-only webinar to be unlocked)
- Foundations of Scottish Genealogy 2 of 12: Who Are The Scots? by Bruce Durie (members-only webinar to be unlocked)
- African American Genealogy Challenges: What You Need to Know! by Shelley Murphy (NEW!)
- Grandma Said: Verifying Oral History by Aaron Dorsey (NEW!)
- The Second Middle Passage: Following the DNA Trails by Melvin Collier (NEW!)
- Finding Calvin: Following My Enslaved Ancestor Through Multiple Owners – A Case Study by Renate Sanders (NEW!)
- DNA Corroborates Oral Tradition About the Parents of a Freedman by LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson (NEW!)
- African American Genealogy Resources at the Library of Congress by Ahmed Johnson (members-only webinar to be unlocked)
MyHeritage: Enjoy FREE ACCESS to a Different Record Collection Every Day in June at MyHeritage! MyHeritage just made a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT concerning its amazing record collections! Starting Monday, June 1st through the end of the month, one special record collection will be available for FREE each day! VIEW DETAILS
- Massachusetts Newspapers, 1704-1974 (6,072,876 records) This collection is a compendium of newspapers published in various cities and towns in the state of Massachusetts from 1704 until 1974 with particular emphasis on papers from Boston and surrounding locales. Produced by MyHeritage in partnership with the Boston Public Library, this extensive collection includes papers from the colonial era through the late 20th century. Click HERE for access!
- Florida Newspapers, 1901-2009 (8,084,846 records)This collection is a compendium of newspapers published in various cities and towns in the state of Florida from 1901 until 2009. Newspapers are an important resource for genealogy and family history research as they contain obituaries and other vital record substitutes such as birth, marriage, and death notices. Additionally, society pages and stories of local interest contain rich information on activities and events in the community and often provide details about the persons involved. Click HERE for access!
DNA Test Kits & Education
- FREE! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: Your DNA questions answered live with Diahan Southard! Join Legacy Family Tree Webinars for a special webinar event on Friday, June 12th, 2020 when DNA expert Diahan Southard answers YOUR questions about DNA testing, using DNA test results for genealogy research, and more! This Friday, June 12th, 2020, at 2:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm CDT. Click BELOW to register!
- Ancestry: AMAZING SAVINGS up to 40% during the Ancestry Father’s Day Sale! Save on AncestryDNA test kits as well as Ancestry Gift Memberships!
- Family Tree DNA: Save up to 25% on select DNA tests during the Family Tree DNA Father’s Day Sale! Family Tree DNA is holding an AMAZING Father’s Day Sale with some GREAT prices on DNA test kits and bundles! “Father’s Day is almost here, so get a jump on honoring Dad with extra savings on our best-selling DNA kits for ancestry. Give the gift of family discovery—because Dad genes never fade.” Family Finder DNA test kit, regularly $79, now just $59! Y-DNA test kits starting at just $109! VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save $30 on MyHeritage DNA during the MyHeritage Father’s Day DNA Sale! Get the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $49! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits and standard shipping is FREE! Sale good through Sunday, June 21, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Ancestry: Don’t settle for the usual this Father’s Day—get Dad something more memorable, like a closer look at his past. Save on a variety of Ancestry Gift Memberships all at 20% off***! VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save 25% on a Fold3 Membership* and get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names), in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785. Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD! VIEW DETAILS
*Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $59.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer.
- Newspapers.com: Save $10 on Newspapers.com Publisher’s Extra! Were you one of the OVER 5,000 followers who took advantage of the FREE ACCESS period last month at Newspapers.com?
Still have more to find with the Newspapers.com Publisher’s Extra? Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra edition of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $64.90! The price is $139.40 USD when paying monthly, and this is a savings of $75 off that price. Click HERE to get started . . .
*Offer ends Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59PM MT. Offer available for new Publisher Extra subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of 64.90 for a 6-month Publisher Extra subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 6-month offer.
- MyHeritage: Having trouble finding success with your genealogy research? Ready to make the leap to MyHeritage? Here’s a way to try MyHeritage Complete for FREE and also save 50%! – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Software and Technology
- iDrive: Save 90% on iDrive 2TB automatic backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
Photo Organization and Preservation
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Right now, the 8GB size, regularly $59.99, now just $29.99! VIEW DETAILS
Give the Gift of Family History
- Amazon: Save 50% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $37.99! VIEW DETAILS
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.