Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, May 17th, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! UPDATE: now you can add your own METADATA to images and documents using Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Sale valid through May 31st, 2019. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
MyHeritage: Eurovision Sale – just $59 USD! MyHeritage is proud to be the Presenting Partner of the world’s biggest live music event, the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest. Started in 1956, this annual celebration of cultural diversity is broadcast to about 200 million fans around the world. With the 2019 Eurovision Final taking place this week, we’re offering the MyHeritage DNA kit at a special discounted price — only $59!
With MyHeritage DNA, you will discover your ethnic origins and find new relatives through shared DNA. A DNA kit is the perfect gift for yourself and your loved ones, and you’ll enjoy free shipping when ordering 2 or more kits. Sale valid through Monday, May 20th, 2019. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save over 30% on pre-order of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. Publication price will be $14.99, get it now for delivery on May 30th for just $9.99! Offer valid through April 30th. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Irish Roots Magazine: Save 34% on Irish Roots Magazine Back Issue Digital Bundle! Get tracing your Irish ancestors with this incredible special offer back issue bundle of 6 issues of Irish Roots magazine for the price of 4! Irish Roots magazine is the ‘go to’ publication for everyone embarking on their Irish ancestral research journey from the budding family history enthusiast to the more experienced genealogical researcher. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Genetic Genealogy in Practice by Blaine T. Bettinger and Debbie Parker Wayne – just $9.99! This book provides family historians and genealogists who have just begun to explore genetic genealogy practical, easy to understand information that they can apply to their research. As Wayne notes in her blog, Deb’s “Delvings in Genealogy,” “DNA can seem complex to many of us, but this book will guide you and help build your knowledge level one step at a time.” VIEW DETAILS
MyHeritage: FREE RECORDINGS from the MyHeritage One-Day Genealogy Seminar, May 15, 2019 with presenters Thomas MacEntee, Daniel Horowitz and Garri Regev LIVE from the MyHeritage headquarters in Or Yehuda, Israel. Click the lecture topics below to access each recording.
- Genealogy Pit Stop: Research in 15 Minute Increments presented by Thomas MacEntee. “You have 15 minutes before you need to _____________ (pick up the grandchildren / wash the dog / make dinner . . .). Is it really possible to do meaningful genealogy research in that short time period? Are you putting of researching an ancestor because you believe you need a two or three hour block of time? Learn how to use the Genealogy Pit Stop concept to succeed in the research race!”
- New Advanced Features and Technologies presented by Daniel Horowitz. “MyHeritage has an excellent technology to help you find relatives and records, but are you taking full advantage of this website? Come and learn the best less known features MyHeritage have to help you maximize your time and effort to discover your family history.”
- City Directories: No Town Too Small, No Clue Too Little presented by Thomas MacEntee. “Most genealogists aren’t taking full advantage of all the clues available in city directories. Learn how go beyond a mere “lookup” of your ancestor and their family. Understand how city directories were created, the secrets of various abbreviations, and how to use the F.A.N. Club approach to getting the most information possible.”
- APPsolutely Genealogy! presented by Garri Regev. “Technology has changed the way we do research. Many Apps can be combined with traditional methods of genealogy research and play a role in preserving our family story for future generations. Use of these apps can be a way to involve multiple generations and increase cooperation between family members. This lecture will feature a selection of apps and their possible uses regarding genealogy such as cemetery documentation, data organization, family trees, mapping, photo albums, recipes, scanners, scrapbooks, voice recording and more.”
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: Having trouble finding success with your genealogy research? Ready to make the leap to MyHeritage? Here’s a way to try MyHeritage Complete for FREE and also save 50%! – VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $69.99 – VIEW DETAILS
- Evidentia: Save 15% on ALL items at Evidentia! “Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so! Regularly $29.99, you pay just $25.49. You must use HIDEFGEN at checkout! Offer good on all books and guides as well! – VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
Celebrate DNA: Save up to 20% on amazing DNA-related items during the Celebrate DNA Mother’s Day Sale still going on NOW through Saturday, May 18th!
- 10% off an entire order (including gift certificates) – use code MOM10
- 15% off all personalized mugs – use code MOM15
- 20% off all customized DNA Tees – use code MOM20
Get a gift for Mom, Dad and even for you! Sale valid through Saturday, May 18th! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 47% on Klikel Family Tree Display at Amazon! – If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames priced at just $39.99! – VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.