PLEASE NOTE: The Genealogy Bargains post content below contains affiliate links. See disclosure statement below.
Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, October 20, 2017
- AncestryDNA: Save 20% plus FREE SHIPPING
- Family Tree DNA: Save $20 on Family Finder DNA
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 50% on digital downloads $5 or less
- NEW! Findmypast: Save 50% on a 1-month Subscription
- LAST DAY! Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on Photo Organizing Boot Camp
- iDrive: Save 90% on 1st year of 2TB online backup – just $6.95
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE Citing Your Sources guide
- Living DNA: Save 38% on Living DNA – now just $99
- MyHeritage DNA: FREE SHIPPING plus 30% off
- MyHeritage: FREE Online Genealogy Seminar October 29th
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Friday Freebie! Get your copy of Citing Your Sources Legacy Quick Guide by Thomas MacEntee for FREE! Starting today through Sunday, October 22nd, you can get the PDF version of this popular guide to assist you in citing your genealogy research sources. “The Citing Your Sources Legacy QuickGuide™ contains valuable information so you can understand the components of source citations and start tracking your genealogy research in a uniform manner. In addition, this guide contains over 25 of the most used source citation formats for genealogists! This handy 5-page PDF guide can be used on your computer or mobile device for anytime access.” Click HERE to download – via Legacy Family Tree
NOTE: You will need to sign in with your Legacy account or create a free Legacy account in order to download the guide.
NEW! 50% off 1 Month Premium Subscription at Findmypast – this offer is for US residents only! Now through October 31st, use promo code FMPOCT50 when signing up and you’ll get 50% off the 1 month Premium Subscription. Click HERE to access – via Findmypast
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
FREE MyHeritage One-Day Genealogy Seminar – “MyHeritage is proud to announce its first One-Day Genealogy Seminar, to be held on Sunday, October 29, 2017 from 7am to 3pm EDT. It will feature the participation of experts in the fields of DNA, Jewish genealogy, general research techniques, and technology trends for genealogy. The lectures will be broadcast from the MyHeritage headquarters in Israel. The public is invited to join the lectures via Legacy Family Tree Webinars from anywhere in the world for FREE. Later, the recordings will be available to view for free on demand. To register, click HERE.”
- 7:00AM Eastern – “Filling in the In-Between of the Jewish BMD” by Rose Feldman
- 8:00AM Eastern – “Jewish Family Research Challenges” by Garri Regev
- 9:15AM Eastern – “Introduction to the Use of Autosomal DNA Testing” by Tim Janzen
- 10:15AM Eastern – “Google for Genealogy: Search Tricks to Tease Out Information” by Jessica Taylor
- 11:15AM Eastern – “Discover Your Family History with MyHeritage’s Unique Technologies” by Daniel Horowitz
- 12:30PM Eastern – “How to Pass Your Ancestors’ Legacy to Your Grandchildren” by Jessica Taylor
- 1:30PM Eastern – “Advanced Autosomal DNA Techniques used in Genetic Genealogy” by Tim Janzen
LAST DAY! Save 30% on Photo Organizing Boot Camp – Are you looking for expert guidance on photo management and preservation? There’s a lot to know, and you’ll love learning from Ben and Hilarie Robison of Legacy Tale at the upcoming online Photo Organizing Boot Camp on October 21st. Click HERE for more details on this amazing 3-hour class and how you can get a 30% discount on early bird registration – via Hack Genealogy
90% off iDrive automatic online backup: normally $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Click HERE to sign up now and click HERE for more info – via iDrive.
EXCLUSIVE! FREE SHIPPING! MyHeritage DNA test kit just $69 – save 30%! Use promo code ThomasOctober2017 to save $12 on shipping! This is the same type of autosomal DNA test that 23andMe, Family Tree DNA and AncestryDNA all offer! Regularly $99 USD, now just $69!
To get your savings, when ordering, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Got a discount code or gift code? Then enter ThomasOctober2017 before you checkout.
Sale good through October 16th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage.
Save 50% on Digital Downloads $5 or less at Family Tree Magazine this week! It is Week 3 of Family Tree Magazine’s Family History Month Celebration. Topics include Ancestry, Digitizing Photos and Family Reunions. Use promo code DOWNLOAD at checkout and take 50% off existing prices! This sale is good until October 22nd. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 38% on Living DNA – now just $99 USD – We can’t remember the last time the price for the Living DNA test kit was this low – the regular price is $159 USD! “Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests.”
- Twice the detail of other ancestry tests. We give you your DNA mix across 80 world regions, including 21 in Britain and Ireland. You can also explore peer reviewed details of the areas of the world your ancestors are from.
- 3-in-1 ancestry test. Our test not only covers your family line ancestry, but unlike other tests we also include your motherline, and your fatherline ancestry if you are male.
- View your ancestry through history. We put your ancestry into context showing your breakdown today (going back up to 10 generations), and also the spread of your ancestors at different points in history, showing how we are all connected.
- Your ancestry results updated for free. As science and our systems evolve, your results will be updated to provide on-going details about your ancestry.
Click HERE if you want to see what my results look like at Living DNA – this gives you an idea of the reporting they do for DNA testing!
Non-US Resident Sale Prices:
- Australia: $169 AUD, normally $199 AUD
- Canada: $169 CAD, normally $199 CAD
- New Zealand: $169 NZD, normally $199 NZD
- UK: £99, normally £129
Click HERE for more information and to shop – via Living DNA
Save 20% on Ancestry DNA test kits plus FREE SHIPPING! Here’s a little known sale . . . you can get the popular Ancestry DNA test kit for just $79 USD plus use promo code FREESHIPDNA at checkout to save the $9.95 shipping fee! And as an added bonus, each additional DNA kit you order is just $69 USD! There is no posted expiration data on this offer, so don’t delay because it could disappear at any time! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.