PLEASE NOTE: The Genealogy Bargains post content below contains affiliate links. See disclosure statement below.
Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, October 6, 2017
- NEW! Amazon: FREE Ebook 52 Weeks of Genealogy: Projects for Every Week of the Year
- AncestryDNA: Save 20% plus FREE SHIPPING
- Family Tree DNA: Save $20 on Family Finder DNA
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: National German-American Day Sale
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 37% on Tombstone Preservation Kit
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 50% on Family History Cheat Sheets
- Family Tree University: Save 20% on Polish Genealogy 101 Course
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on Photo Organizing Boot Camp
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on Cemetery Research Boot Camp
- Heredis: Save 78% on new 2017 of Heredis genealogy software
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: BCG’s Free Day of Quality Education
- Living DNA: Save 38% on Living DNA – now just $99
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 30% on MyHeritage DNA – now just $69
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Celebrate National German-American Day at Family Tree Magazine! Today, October 6th, is National German-American Day and focuses on those with German heritage. On October 6, 1683, 13 Mennonite families arrived from Krefeld, Germany and landed near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. These families would later go on to found Germantown, Pennsylvania.
Here is a partial list of resources:
- German Genealogy MEGA Collection: This collection is packed with the must-know info and research techniques for tracing your German roots, from finding your ancestor’s home village to using translate tools, cheat sheets, and other techniques to decipher what you find. Regularly $329.89, now just $89.99. Click HERE for more info.
- Trace Your German Roots Online E-Book: Learn more about your ancestors from Germany with this comprehensive e-book guide to German genealogy research online.. Regularly $21.99, now just $13.99. Click HERE for more info.
- Guide to German Newspapers – Video Download: Stateside ethnic newspapers can reveal much about your German ancestors. We’ll show you how to find and use them. Regularly $29.99, now just $19.99. Click HERE for more info.
- How to Find Your German Ancestral Village – Video Download: Learn how to find your German ancestral village with the tips, resources, and research techniques in this 30-minute video, and open up doors to discover your German family history!. Regularly $39.99, now just $31.99 with FAMTREE20 promo code. Click HERE for more info.
- German Genealogy Cheat Sheet: Researching German ancestors? You’ll want to keep this at-a-glance genealogy reference close at hand. The German Genealogy Cheat Sheet is designed to quickly deliver the information you need to understand the records of your German ancestors. Regularly $9.99, now just $5.00. Click HERE for more info.
- German Genealogy Value Pack: This value pack is packed with practical advice for overcoming the challenges of tracing your German ancestors. Regularly $132.98, now just $69.99. Click HERE for more info.
Take advantage of these amazing savings on German genealogy research tools PLUS you can use promo code FAMTREE20 at checkout and get an additional 20% discount*! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Restrictions apply; coupon may not work on all items.
NEW! Free E-book – 52 Weeks of Genealogy: Projects for Every Week of the Year by Nancy Hendrickson – “Climbing the family tree can take a lifetime. But that doesn’t mean you can’t finish small genealogy projects in just a few minutes a week. With my newest book, it’s super-easy to complete 52 projects in just a short time every week. And, accomplish more genealogy research than you thought was possible!” Click HERE to download for free (NOTE: click Add to Cart or Buy with 1-Click – DO NOT CLICK READ FOR FREE which will enroll you in Kindle Unlimited for a FEE!) – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 37% on Tombstone Preservation Kit from Family Tree Magazine! “This collection will help you not only research your ancestors based on their graves, but also give you tools and tips to clean and preserve tombstones for future generations. The star of this collection is the D/2 Biological Solution which is specially formulated to safely remove sediment from your ancestor’s tombstone.” Regularly $62.93, now just $39.99! Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
Free Webinars – BCG’s Free Day of Quality Education – “Top genealogists Martha Garrett, LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, Jill Morelli, Ann Staley, and Tom Jones will present one-hour lectures at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City Friday, 6 October 2017 starting at 10:00 am Central. These webinars are FREE, sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and hosted by Legacy Family Tree Webinars.” Click HERE to register.
- 10:00 am – Sweden’s Multiple Naming Systems and How They Changed in the 1800s presented by Martha Garrett, CG – “This lecture will demonstrate the complexity of names and potential pitfalls regarding names in one particular culture—Sweden. It will raise awareness about personal names and present a broadly applicable strategy for getting names right in genealogical work.”
- 12:30 pm – Reasonably Exhaustive Research of African American Families That Came Out of Slavery presented by LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, JD, LLM, CG – “The first component of the Genealogical Proof Standard is the conduct of reasonably exhaustive research. This lecture will highlight the sources and strategies available to meet this requirement in the case of African American ancestors who were enslaved.”
- 2:30 pm – Using Timelines for Correlation and Analysis presented by Jill Morelli, CG – “Timelines are one of many tools a genealogist can use to display evidence in the determination of proof arguments. This lecture explores the strategic aspect of the use of timelines and their relationship to the Genealogical Proof Standard, analysis and correlation. Timelines will be defined, their relationship to the GPS articulated and reasons why you should use timelines in your research work. Many examples, illustrating different types of problems and their resultant formats, will be presented. We will also cover how to build effective timelines using Word and Excel.”
- 3:45 pm – Land, Licenses, Love Gone Wrong, and Other Assorted Courthouse Records presented by Ann Staley, CG, CGL – “This lecture explores the rich resources found within courthouse walls and examines how these records can add to the genealogical search.”
- 5:00 pm – Systematically Using Autosomal DNA Test Results to Help Break Through Genealogical Brick Walls presented by Tom Jones, PhD, CG, CGL – “A case study set in the early 1800s demonstrates methodology for using autosomal DNA test results to help solve longstanding genealogical problems.”
Presented live at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City and sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogy. Click HERE to register.
Save up to 78% on Heredis 2017 . . . amazing genealogy software for Mac and PC! This is an AMAZING sale and many genealogists and family historians RAVE about Heredis and all the great features. Why not check it out for yourself? Today through Sunday, October 8th, here is a MEGA deal available for Genealogy Bargains followers: get Heredis 2017 for just $10.99 USD!
- MAC users click HERE to save – regular price is $49.99 USD
- PC users click HERE to save – regular price is $29.99 USD
- And if you previously purchased a Windows version of Heredis,
click HERE to save – regular price is $19.99 USD
Here is a brief video on the new Heredis 2017 – if you are looking to change your family tree software, this may be the right time!
Save 20% on Polish Genealogy 101 – Trace Your Polish Ancestors course at Family Tree University led by Lisa Alzo! “If you’re among the more than 10 million Americans with Polish roots, this online genealogy course will help you find your Polish ancestors by debunking myths, explaining history, and pointing you to the most useful family history records. Develop the tools to begin researching your Polish family history, from navigating through shifting political and geographical boundaries to discovering the most useful records and websites online.” Online classes run October 16 to November 10, 2017. Regularly $99, now just $79 when you use promo code FAMTREE20 at checkout! Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
MyHeritage DNA test kit just $69 – save 30%! This is the same type of autosomal test that 23andMe, Family Tree DNA and AncestryDNA all offer! Columbus Day sale valid through October 10th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage.
50% Off Family History Cheat Sheets at Family Tree Magazine! These amazing cheat sheets cover every possible topic including RootsMagic, English Genealogy, Land Records and More! Over 90 different cheat sheets, normally $9.99 each, now just $5.00 but some are even priced at less! PLUS use promo code FAMTREE20 at checkout and you can save an additional 20%!! This offer is good through October 7th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 38% on Living DNA – now just $99 USD – We can’t remember the last time the price for the Living DNA test kit was this low – the regular price is $159 USD! “Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests.”
- Twice the detail of other ancestry tests. We give you your DNA mix across 80 world regions, including 21 in Britain and Ireland. You can also explore peer reviewed details of the areas of the world your ancestors are from.
- 3-in-1 ancestry test. Our test not only covers your family line ancestry, but unlike other tests we also include your motherline, and your fatherline ancestry if you are male.
- View your ancestry through history. We put your ancestry into context showing your breakdown today (going back up to 10 generations), and also the spread of your ancestors at different points in history, showing how we are all connected.
- Your ancestry results updated for free. As science and our systems evolve, your results will be updated to provide on-going details about your ancestry.
Click HERE if you want to see what my results look like at Living DNA – this gives you an idea of the reporting they do for DNA testing!
Non-US Resident Sale Prices:
- Australia: $169 AUD, normally $199 AUD
- Canada: $169 CAD, normally $199 CAD
- New Zealand: $169 NZD, normally $199 NZD
- UK: £99, normally £129
Click HERE for more information and to shop – via Living DNA
Save 30% on Photo Organizing Boot Camp – Are you looking for expert guidance on photo management and preservation? There’s a lot to know, and you’ll love learning from Ben and Hilarie Robison of Legacy Tale at the upcoming online Photo Organizing Boot Camp on October 21st. Click HERE for more details on this amazing 3-hour class and how you can get a 30% discount on early bird registration – via Hack Genealogy
Save 30% on Cemetery Research Boot Camp – Saturday, October 14th, 11:00 am Central – join genealogist Devon Noel Lee of Family History Fanatics for TWO amazing webinars to help you dig into your graveyard and death record research. Regularly $29.99, now just $19.99 if you register BEFORE October 9th and use promo code TOMBSTONE at checkout! You’ll also receive an amazing handout and 3 hours of recorded webinars to view over and over again! Click HERE for more info and to register – via Hack Genealogy
Save 20% on Ancestry DNA test kits plus FREE SHIPPING! Here’s a little known sale . . . you can get the popular Ancestry DNA test kit for just $79 USD plus use promo code FREESHIPDNA at checkout to save the $9.95 shipping fee! And as an added bonus, each additional DNA kit you order is just $69 USD! There is no posted expiration data on this offer, so don’t delay because it could disappear at any time! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.