Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, February 11th, 2019
UPDATED 4:00 am CST, Monday, February 11th, 2019
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 79% on How To Archive Family Photos MEGA Bundle! Regularly $337.88, now just $69.99! – VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Reconstructing Your Genetic Family Tree presented by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D., Wednesday, February 13th, 2019 at 7:00 pm CST – VIEW DETAILS
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
- PRICE DROP! Save 75% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean! Save 70% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $24.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
- Family Tree DNA: Valentine’s Day Sale at Family Tree DNA! Get the Family Finder DNA test kit – autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – for just $59 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- AncestryDNA US: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: Valentines Day Sale with MyHeritage DNA just $59 USD, 59£ UK, $79 CAD, $89 AUD and $89 NZD! PLUS free shipping when you purchase two or more MyHeritage DNA kits! – VIEW DETAILS
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports at Vitagene. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 79% on all the tools you’ll need to archive your photos, from organization tips to editing, preservation and backup with the How To Archive Family Photos MEGA Bundle! Regularly $337.88, now just $69.99! – VIEW DETAILS
- Family Tree Magazine: New Edition! The Family Tree Problem Solver: Tried-and-True Tactics for Tracing Elusive Ancestors by Marsha Hoffman Rising available for pre-order! “Has your family history research hit a brick wall? This revised edition of The Family Tree Problem Solver includes new guides to record hints from genealogy websites and DNA results from companies like AncestryDNA. Plus, you’ll find a glossary of genealogy terms and case studies that put the book’s advice into action.” – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 18% on Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills. Regularly $59.95, now just $48.43USD, plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 80% on World War I Genealogy Research Guide: Tracing American Military and Non-Combatant Ancestors! Regularly $14.99 USD print version, get the Amazon Kindle version for just $2.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 90% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger. “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.” – VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Reconstructing Your Genetic Family Tree presented by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D., Wednesday, February 13th, 2019 at 7:00 pm CST – “A genetic family tree is the list of genealogical ancestors from whom you inherited DNA. One of the goals of genetic genealogy is to recreate this genetic family tree through a process called “chromosome mapping.” Chromosome mapping uses cousin matches to identify which segments of DNA came from which ancestors, thus re-creating your genetic family tree. We’ll look at the fundamentals of chromosome mapping and some tools you can use to begin to map your DNA.” Click HERE to register for FREE via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Using MyHeritage Tools to Improve Your Family Tree Data presented by Daniel Horowitz, Tuesday, February 12th, 2019 at 1:00 pm CST – MyHeritage offers advance features to make sure your family research is accurate and neat: Consistency Checker and Pedigree Map are two wonderful tools available to curate your names, dates and places, finding minimal details you probably overlooked while building your tree. Take this opportunity to pause and evaluate your current data making sure you end with an accurate and clean family tree. Click HERE to register for FREE!
- LAST DAY! Hack Genealogy: Save 25% on GEDMatch and Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches Boot Camp on Saturday, February 16th, 2019! PLUS get the best selling ebook 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History ($4.99 value) and a chance to win an AncestryDNA test kit! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS at MyHeritage to Marriage Records for Valentine’s Day! “Do you know the love stories of your ancestors? How did your great-grandparents meet and get to know each other? In honor of Valentine’s Day, we’re providing free access to love-related records in our massive historical records collection during February 10-17. No Data subscription is required so you may search all U.S. states, European and worldwide collections for your ancestors’ marriage records!” Access valid February 10th – 17th, 2019 – VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: Save 50% on MyHeritage Complete subscription! Regularly $299, now just $149 for a year! MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price – VIEW DETAILS
- The British Newspaper Archive: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTIONS with access to over 30 MILLION newspaper pages! There are three different packages to choose from:
- 12 Months – regularly, £6.67/mo, now just £4.67 /mo
- 3 Months – regularly, £8.64/mo, now just £6.05 /mo
- Monthly – regularly, £12.95/mo, now just £9.07 /mo
Use promo code BNA30MIL at at checkout if you do not automatically see the discount! Sale valid through February 13th, 2019 – VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription at Fold3 with access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names), in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785. Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- ENDS TODAY! Picture Keeper: Save up to 65% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $23 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid through Monday, February 11th – VIEW DETAILS
- Larsen Digital: Save over 30% on Disc Camera Film Negative scanning! Remember the disc cameras from the 1980s? Are you decluttering and have old disc film negatives that need scanning? Larsen Digital has a solution . . . . Click HERE to read more about disc camera film negatives. Regularly $30, now just $20! – VIEW DETAILS
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! Sale valid through February 14th, 2019. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Larsen Digital: Save up to 50% on photo scanning at Larsen Digital with promo code THOMAS!
- 300 DPI = regularly 30¢ each, now just 14¢ each
- 600 DPI = regularly 45¢ each, now just 29¢ each
Save 10-15% on other scanning services including movie film, video tapes, audio tapes, film negatives, vinyl records and more! Sale valid through February 12th, 2019. – VIEW DETAILS
- QromaScan: Save up to 50% on QromaScan – Turn Your iPhone into a Scanning and Tagging Powerhouse! QromaScan products enabled you to quickly scan and tag your photos with iPhone in one step using voice recognition and your own descriptions. Save 25% on the QromaScan USB Bundle, save 45% on the Qroma Total Bundle, and save 50% on QromaTag for Mac OS. Sale valid through February 14th, 2019 – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $79.99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! – VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! Amazon: Save 50% on Western Digital 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0. “The My Passport portable hard drive is trusted to store the massive amounts of photos, videos and music you love. Available in an array of vibrant, fun colors, the sleek style fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, so you can easily take your treasured content everywhere you go.” Regularly $159.99 USD, now just $80 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 25% on Seagate Expansion 4TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0. “Windows computers tend to perform better when their internal drives aren’t filled to the brim. That’s why Expansion Portable is here to help. Transfer, backup, and give that desktop or laptop the space it needs. Fast USB connectivity and drag-and-drop style make the whole process a no brainer.” – Regularly $119.99 USD, now just $89.99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Overstock: HUGE SAVINGS on Family Tree Wall Art at Overstock! These amazing vinyl stickers let you show off your genealogy research using attractive graphics and your own family photos! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Special price on Philip Whitney Metal Family Tree Picture Frames with 10 Hanging Photo Frames – a great gift! Only $38.99 USD! Also available in 6 frame configuration and with extra frames – VIEW DETAILS
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.