Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, January 13th, 2020
TODAY is National Clean Off Your Desk Day
Is the camera crew from the television show Hoarders hanging outside your office window? Has your genealogy cave been overflowing with paper, books, and other “stuff?” National Clean Off Your Desk Day is a great way to get organized! Check out the deals below at Amazon!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Vetting Published Genealogies for Research presented by Shannon Combs-Bennett, Wednesday, January 15th, 2020, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. Genealogy is written in stone and should be looked at carefully. Follow the case of Mayflower ancestor William White as Shannon Combs-Bennett shows how his genealogy was corrected over the last century. Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
- LAST DAY! MyHeritage DNA: Save during the MyHeritage DNA New Year Sale! Get MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only test kit, regularly $79, now just $59! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! Sale good through Monday, January 13th. VIEW DETAILS
- LAST DAY! MyHeritage DNA: Save 25% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage New Year Sale! “MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry gives you all the features of a MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test, and adds a whole new dimension with insights into your genetic risk for developing certain conditions. Explore your ethnic origins, find new relatives, and gain valuable health insights to empower you and your family. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of people around the world.” Regularly $199, now just $149! Sale valid through Monday, January 13th. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: How to Find Your Family History in U.S. Church Records: A Genealogist’s Guide: With Specific Resources for Major Christian Denominations before 1900 by Harold A. Henderson CG and Sunny Jane Morton. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Could the DNA test be wrong?: 5 explanations to consider before jumping to a conclusion about family by Brianne Kirkpatrick MS, LCGC. “For many, the unexpected result will be the last one, an uncovered family secret. This type of discovery grows more common by the day and has been given a name: NPE, or “not the parent expected.” A variation on NPE is NEE, or “not the ethnicity expected,” which Kirkpatrick covers in a section of the guide as well. Additional resources for further reading and support are included at the end. Don’t miss this guide from the only genetic counselor who specializes in home DNA tests and family surprises.” This handy 19-page guide is priced at just $2.99 and is available in Amazon Kindle format. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save Up to 50% on The Family Tree Historical Newspapers Guide! “There are more historical newspaper resources than you think–and they’re easier to access than you know. When researched properly, no other type of record can beat historical newspapers in “taking the pulse” of their times and places, recording not just the names, but also information important to the community. This comprehensive how-to guide will show you how to harvest the “social media” of centuries past to learn about your ancestors and the times and places they lived in. With step-by-step examples, case studies, templates, worksheets, and screenshots, this book shows you what you can find in online (and offline) historical newspapers, from city dailies to weekly community papers to foreign-language gazetteers.” VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR 10 Must-Have MyHeritage Databases presented by Gena Philibert-Ortega & MyHeritage Webinars, Tuesday, January 14th, 2020, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. Looking for an ancestor? MyHeritage has many research options. However, there are 10 that are must-haves for any researcher. Join me as we explore what databases you need to know about and how to research them so you can find that ancestor. Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: Save 50% on MyHeritage Complete! MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only. The normal price is $299 USD and you’ll pay just $149 USD for a full year’s access! Sale valid through January 14th, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: Get Access to Over 300+ Years of Historical Newspapers at Newspapers.com and Save over 50%! Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $54.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of over 50% off that price – just $54.90. VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save 25% on a Fold3 Membership* and get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names), in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785. Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD! VIEW DETAILS
*Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $59.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer.
- Qroma: Save 50% on Qroma Flip! QromaFlip makes it easy to keep your photos & the stories they tell together forever. Capture everything written on the back of your photos to an industry standard MultiPage TIFF file, and pass along both sides of your photos to the next generation. Fans of Genealogy Bargains that act before Wednesday, January 15th will get an exclusive 50% discount on either the iPhone or Mac version of QromaFlip. VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Right now, the 8GB size, regularly $59.99, now just $24.99! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 71% on SanDisk Cruzer 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, regularly $23.99, now just $6.99! VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: Save 90% on iDrive 2TB automatic backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 47% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $39.99! VIEW DETAILS
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.