Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, September 16th, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargains
- Irish Roots Magazine: Save 40% on the new Autumn 2019 issue of Irish Roots Magazine! Regularly $4.42 USD, now just $2.66 USD! Irish Roots magazine is the ‘go to’ genealogy and family history publication for tracing your Irish ancestors. IMPORTANT! To see the price in your local currency click on the drop down menu opposite the checkout tab. The price will revert to euros for checkout. The discount will show up on the ‘PROCEED TO CHECKOUT’ page. Sale valid through September 28th. VIEW DETAILS
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Research Latin America Genealogical Resources on the Internet presented by Daniel Horowitz, Wednesday, September 18th, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “This webinar will refer to many genealogical and general resources, computer databases, cemeteries, immigration, and citizenship records available in countries like Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and the Caribbean. Daniel will provide a brief overview of government records available online, how to access them or get in touch with organizations, schools, clubs, cemeteries, newspapers, genealogical societies, and more.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
DNA Test Kits & Education
- EXTENDED! MyHeritage DNA: Save during the MyHeritage DNA End of Summer Sale! Get MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $59! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! Sale valid through September 17th. VIEW DETAILS
- EXTENDED! MyHeritage DNA: Save 25% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage End of Summer Sale! “We’re pleased to share a special offer on the new MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry test! The new test includes 27 personalized health reports, offering health insights that can empower you to make informed lifestyle choices. You’ll learn how your genes may affect your health through detailed reports about your genetic risk for developing conditions such as hereditary breast cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and others. You’ll receive carrier status reports that help you determine your risk of passing on genetic conditions that may run in your family.” Regularly $199, now just $149! Sale valid through September 17th. VIEW DETAILS
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on What’s New in DNA Tools Boot Camp on Saturday, September 28th . . . LIVE and ONLINE with DNA expert Mary Eberle! Regularly $25.99, now just $19.99 for over three hours of webinars PLUS some amazing handouts! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: NOW AVAILABLE . . . print version of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Historical Newspapers Guide: How to Find Your Ancestors in Archived Newspapers by James M Beidler – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 56% on The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! Regular print price is $19.99, now just $8.75! VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Civil Law Concepts and Genealogy presented by Claire Bettag, CG , Tuesday, September 17th, 8:00 pm Eastern / 7:00 pm Central / 6:00 pm Mountain / 5:00 pm Pacific. (Live webinar only – no recording will be available.) Civil law – as opposed to common law – is a legal system that governs private relationships and interactions in most non-English speaking countries. Rooted in principles derived from ancient Roman law, it is the legal system that governs an estimated 60% of the world’s populations, including most European countries. Consequently, researchers tracing ancestral lines outside the United States frequently encounter records created in a civil law tradition. Proper interpretation of those records requires understanding the underlying civil law principles. In the United States only the state of Louisiana is today ruled by civil law, a legacy of the state’s unique colonial history under France and Spain. Colonial records created under civil law are also among the colonial records of California, parts of the Mississippi Valley, the Gulf Coast, and the American southwest. This presentation discusses major legal concepts that affect records and research in civil law societies.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR 1,000 Webinars: History, Bloopers, Inside the Tech, and What’s Next presented by Geoff Rasmussen, Friday, September 20th, 2019, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “Celebrate our 1,000th webinar together as we recall the history, relive the bloopers, remember the emotions, and view never-before-revealed insights of the behind-the-scenes of the webinar series that revolutionized genealogy education.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save 25% on a Fold3 Membership* and get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names), in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785. Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD! VIEW DETAILS
*Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $59.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer.
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90! The regular price is $119.40 and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
Larsen Digital: HUGE SALE on Digital Conversion Services at Larsen Digital! Save 25% and MORE with special exclusive promo codes! Use promo code THOMAS15 to take an ADDITIONAL 15% OFF on:
- Stereo Slides
- Large Format 4×5 Film
- 126 Slide & Negative
- 127 Format Slide
- APS Film
- Medium Format 120/220
- 110 Slide & Negative
- Movie Film
- Video Tapes
- Audio Tapes
- Audio Reels
- Vinyl Records
- Scrapbook Pages
Click HERE to get started and don’t forget you can always call Larsen Digital at 800-776-8357 for help . . . and don’t forget to mention your PROMO CODES to save! Sale valid through September 20th. VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Right now, the 8GB size, regularly $59.99, now just $29.99 plus save an extra $5 with special coupon – final price is $24.99! For the 16GB size, regularly $99.99, now just $69.99 plus save an extra $15 with special coupon – final price is $44.99!
- Evidentia: Save 15% on ALL items at Evidentia! “Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so! Regularly $29.99, you pay just $25.49. You must use HIDEFGEN at checkout! Offer good on all books and guides as well! – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Save 48% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $39.95! VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.