Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, September 2nd, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
ENDS SOON! Research, Write, Connect!: Save 40% on ALL COURSES during Back to School Sale! You’ve seen your own kids or perhaps grand kids off school, NOW is the time for YOU to go back to school too! Up your genealogy and family history game with DNA and writing courses from family history expert Lisa Alzo and Research, Write, Connect! Remember to use promo code LEARN40 at checkout to claim your 40% savings!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Writer’s Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschool Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff III: Selling the Story, regularly priced at $169.00 USD, now just $101.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Mastering Scrivener (101), regularly priced at $179.00 USD, now just $107.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Finding Your Female Ancestors, regularly priced at $99.00 USD, now just $59.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
Sale valid through Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019.
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Combining DNA and Traditional Research – In-Depth Case Studies presented by Michelle Leonard, Wednesday, September 4th, 2019, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “DNA testing has exploded onto the genealogy scene in recent years and is now one of the most important tools available to advance family tree research. In order to successfully use DNA testing for genealogy, however, it’s essential to combine it with traditional research. This presentation will concentrate on several in-depth case studies that demonstrate what can be achieved when you combine long-established research methods with DNA test results. These case studies will cover verification of family tree lines, the breaking of brick walls, the testing of hypotheses and the solving of hitherto unfathomable mysteries.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- NEW! Amazon: Save 25% on SanDisk Cruzer 256GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive! “Store and protect photos, videos, and important work files with the SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Flash Drive. Available in capacities up to 256GB (2), this USB flash drive comes with SanDisk SecureAccess software (1) to password-protect and encrypt sensitive files while permitting access to files you want to share. Plus, the sleek retractable design keeps the USB connector safe when the drive is not in use.” Regularly $37.36, now just $27.99! – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
DNA Test Kits & Education
- AncestryDNA: Save 40% on AncestryDNA test kit during AncestryDNA Labor Day Sale! Get the world’s most popular personal DNA test kit, regularly $99, now just $59! Add AncestryDNA Traits for just another $20 . . . now just $79! Sale valid through Monday, September 2nd. VIEW DETAILS
- EXTENDED! FamilyTreeDNA: Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at FamilyTreeDNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.” Sale valid through Tuesday, September 3rd. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save during the MyHeritage Labor Day Sale! Get MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $59! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! Sale valid through September 3rd. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 25% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit! “We’re pleased to share a special offer for Genealogy Bargains readers: $50 off on the new MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry test! The new test includes 27 personalized health reports, offering health insights that can empower you to make informed lifestyle choices. You’ll learn how your genes may affect your health through detailed reports about your genetic risk for developing conditions such as hereditary breast cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and others. You’ll receive carrier status reports that help you determine your risk of passing on genetic conditions that may run in your family. Regularly $199, now just $149! Sale valid through September 3rd. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: UPGRADE your current results to the new MyHeritage Health + DNA and SAVE! Click HERE then login to your MyHeritage account. Click DNA and you’ll see a link to upgrade your current results for only $60! That’s 50% off the regular price of $120. Sale valid through September 3rd. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 57% on The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! Regular print price is $19.99 USD, now just $8.51 USD! VIEW DETAILS
- Irish Roots Magazine: Save 40% on the new Autumn 2019 issue of Irish Roots Magazine! Regularly $4.42 USD, now just $2.66 USD! Irish Roots magazine is the ‘go to’ genealogy and family history publication for tracing your Irish ancestors. IMPORTANT! To see the price in your local currency click on the drop down menu opposite the checkout tab. The price will revert to euros for checkout. The discount will show up on the ‘PROCEED TO CHECKOUT’ page. Sale valid through September 28th. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: NOW AVAILABLE . . . print version of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Are you Lost? Using Maps, Gazetteers and Directories for British Isles Research presented by Paul Milner, Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019, 10:00 pm Eastern / 9:00 pm Central / 8:00 pm Mountain / 7:00 pm Pacific. “Learn what maps, gazetteers and directories are available for researching your ancestors in the British Isles. Learn from examples how to make good use of these tools to find where your ancestors are, what they did, when, where, and why they may have moved.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- LAST DAY! MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to over 740 Million US and Canada Census Records this weekend at MyHeritage! Have you ever wondered what life was like for your ancestors? How they earned a living and what their day-to-day work activities were like? This Labor Day weekend is the 125th anniversary of the Labor Day holiday in the United States and the 127th anniversary of its establishment in Canada. Free access available through Monday, September 2nd. VIEW DETAILS
- LAST DAY! Ancestry: Get FREE ACCESS to over 400,000 yearbooks at Ancestry! This week, August 27th through September 2nd, Ancestry is opening up its Yearbook Collection: “Yearbooks are one of those home sources, usually found in an attic or basement, which many people don’t think of as a family history source. While yearbooks may not provide information about the vital events that are usually associated with genealogical research, they do provide other information about individuals’ lives. This information helps place people in historical context as well as provides detail that helps turn individuals, sometimes only known by names and dates, into actual people.” VIEW DETAILS
*Users will be able to access the records in the featured collection for free until September 2, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using a paid Ancestry Membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collection, please click here.
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $69.99 – VIEW DETAILS
- Legacybox: Save up to 59% on Legacybox photo/video/slide conversion kits via Groupon! Legacybox helps preserve the past by digitizing videotapes, film, and photos and transferring them to DVD, thumb drive, or digital download.
- $29.99 for a 2-Piece Starter Legacybox ($59.99 value)
- $119.99 for a 10-Piece Family Legacybox ($279.99 value)
- $224.99 for a 20-Piece Closet Legacybox ($549.99 value)
Click HERE to get started!
- Evidentia: Save 15% on ALL items at Evidentia! “Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so! Regularly $29.99, you pay just $25.49. You must use HIDEFGEN at checkout! Offer good on all books and guides as well! – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Save 48% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $39.95! VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.