Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Saturday, May 16th, 2020
Today is Saturday, May 16th, 2020 and we’ve got lots of new deals on DNA, genealogy and family history at GenealogyBargains.com!
FEATURED Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Ancestry Canada: FREE ACCESS to ALL RECORDS over Victoria Day Weekend! Get access to over 129 MILLION Canadian records! Now through Monday, May 18th, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- Fold3: Save $20* on an Annual Subscription at Fold3 and get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names) in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785? Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95, you pay just $59.95! VIEW DETAILS
*Offer ends May 31, 2020 at 11:59PM MT. Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $59.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer.
NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: A FREE Legacy Family Tree Webinar Each Day during May 2020!
- Today’s FREE WEBINAR at Legacy Family Tree Webinars is Advanced Googling for Your Grandma by Cyndi Ingle – click HERE to watch!
“Legacy Family Tree Webinars wants to do its part to help genealogists across the world who are self-isolating at home right now. Providing free webinars in April was a great start but everyone is still at home and looking for things to do. So we’ve extended our daily free webinars through the month of May!” VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Research Assistance
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Give the Gift of Family History
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA during the MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale! Get the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $39! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits and standard shipping is FREE! Sale good through Sunday, May 31st, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale! “MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry gives you all the features of a MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test, and adds a whole new dimension with insights into your genetic risk for developing certain conditions. Explore your ethnic origins, find new relatives, and gain valuable health insights to empower you and your family. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of people around the world.” Regularly $199, now just $99! Sale valid through Sunday, May 31st, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA UK: MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale for UK customers! MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only now just £39! VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA Australia: MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale for Australia customers! MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only now just $66 AUD! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save up to 63% on The Lost Family: How DNA Testing Is Upending Who We Are by Libby Copeland. “A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives. You swab your cheek or spit into a vial, then send it away to a lab somewhere. Weeks later you get a report that might tell you where your ancestors came from or if you carry certain genetic risks. Or the report could reveal a long-buried family secret and upend your entire sense of identity. Soon a lark becomes an obsession, an incessant desire to find answers to questions at the core of your being, like “Who am I?” and “Where did I come from?” Welcome to the age of home genetic testing. In The Lost Family, journalist Libby Copeland investigates what happens when we embark on a vast social experiment with little understanding of the ramifications. Copeland explores the culture of genealogy buffs, the science of DNA, and the business of companies like Ancestry and 23andMe, all while tracing the story of one woman, her unusual results, and a relentless methodical drive for answers that becomes a thoroughly modern genetic detective story.” VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: FREE ACCESS to Newspapers.com Publisher’s Extra this weekend! Now through Sunday. May 17th, 2020, you can get FREE ACCESS to almost 600 MILLION pages of historic newspapers! Newspapers.com is the largest online newspaper archive. Search historical newspapers from across the United States and beyond. Explore newspaper articles and clippings for help with genealogy, history and other research. VIEW DETAILS
*Access to Publisher Extra papers on Newspapers.com will be free until 17 May 2020 at 11:59 p.m. MT. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view Publisher Extra papers using a Newspapers.com Publisher Extra subscription. Terms and Conditions apply.
- MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to over 250,000 US Yearbooks IN COLOR! MyHeritage has colorized its entire U.S. Yearbook collection, and to celebrate this they are opening up FREE access* to U.S. Yearbooks through May 23rd, 2020! “This collection contains almost 290 million records corresponding to individuals identified and consolidated through name-spotting techniques and algorithmic analysis. A student or faculty member often appears in a yearbook several times. Part of the work conducted to produce this collection merges all occurrences of the same name in a yearbook into one record with references to the pages where the person is mentioned. Records in this collection will list the person’s name, often their gender, school’s name and location, and likely residence based on the location of the school. Additional work was done to identify the grade of the students to be able to infer their age and an estimated year of birth for some of the records.” VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: Having trouble finding success with your genealogy research? Ready to make the leap to MyHeritage? Here’s a way to try MyHeritage Complete for FREE and also save 50%! – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: Save 90% on iDrive 2TB automatic backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! UPDATE: now you can add your own METADATA to images and documents using Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Sale valid through May 31st, 2020. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- EXTENDED! QromaScan: Save up to 50% on Qroma products to tag and organize your digital photos. “Forget the old way of typing field after field of metadata. QromaScan’s innovative Natural Language Tagging engine turns your voice recognized description into searchable photo metadata in seconds. Your tired fingers will love it!” Sale valid through May 31st, 2020 – VIEW DETAILS
Give the Gift of Family History
- Amazon: Save 50% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $37.99! VIEW DETAILS
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.