Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Saturday, May 23rd, 2020
Today is Saturday, May 23rd, 2020 and we’ve got lots of new deals on DNA, genealogy and family history at GenealogyBargains.com!
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
NEW! Newspapers.com: Save Over 50% on Newspapers.com Publisher’s Extra! Were you one of the OVER 5,000 followers who took advantage of the FREE ACCESS period last weekend at Newspapers.com?
Still have more to find with the Newspapers.com Publisher’s Extra? Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra edition of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $60! The regular price is $139.40 USD and this is a savings of 56% off that price. Click HERE to get started . . .
*Offer ends May 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM MT. Offer available for new Publisher Extra subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of 60.00 for a 6-month Publisher Extra subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 6-month offer.
LAST CHANCE Genealogy Bargains
- LAST DAY! MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to over 250,000 US Yearbooks IN COLOR! MyHeritage has colorized its entire U.S. Yearbook collection, and to celebrate this they are opening up FREE access* to U.S. Yearbooks through May 23rd, 2020! “This collection contains almost 290 million records corresponding to individuals identified and consolidated through name-spotting techniques and algorithmic analysis. A student or faculty member often appears in a yearbook several times. Part of the work conducted to produce this collection merges all occurrences of the same name in a yearbook into one record with references to the pages where the person is mentioned. Records in this collection will list the person’s name, often their gender, school’s name and location, and likely residence based on the location of the school. Additional work was done to identify the grade of the students to be able to infer their age and an estimated year of birth for some of the records.” VIEW DETAILS
FREE ACCESS Memorial Day Weekend!
FREE DOWNLOAD! Ultimate Guide to Memorial Day Weekend Resources! Are you getting the MOST out of free access periods for genealogical records? Many genealogy and family history sites are offering FREE ACCESS to BILLIONS of records – mostly military but you’ll also find newspapers and more!
This is what I call a classic BSO weekend – “bright and shiny object” – where I will ignore household chores, and perhaps even personal cleanliness, to work on my genealogy research and find those military ancestors!
I’ve developed a 6-page guide entitled Researching Military Ancestors: Memorial Day Resources to help you navigate all the sites, understand the restrictions, and how to work productively and efficiently. In addition, there are over 50 different resources to help you take your military research further once all the free access goes away!
To access Researching Military Ancestors: Memorial Day Resources click below or click HERE and make sure you share it with your fellow genealogists and family historians!
- MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to Military Records over Memorial Day Weekend! “MyHeritage’s collection of military records is usually fully accessible only to those with a paid MyHeritage subscription. But from May 20–26, all users will be able to search them, view them, and extract information from them to add to their family trees at no cost.” Click HERE for more information!
- Fold3: FREE ACCESS to over 550 MILLION records this weekend at Fold3! Get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. This is a RARE OPPORTUNITY to research your military ancestors for FREE! Access available through Monday, May 25th, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
*Access to the records in the featured collections will be free until 25 May 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Ancestry® All-Access or Fold3® membership.
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: A FREE Legacy Family Tree Webinar Each Day during May 2020!
- Today’s FREE WEBINAR at Legacy Family Tree Webinars is Seven Steps to Manage Digital Files by Denise Levenick – click HERE to watch!
“Legacy Family Tree Webinars wants to do its part to help genealogists across the world who are self-isolating at home right now. Providing free webinars in April was a great start but everyone is still at home and looking for things to do. So we’ve extended our daily free webinars through the month of May!” VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Research Assistance
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Give the Gift of Family History
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA during the MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale! Get the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $39! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits and standard shipping is FREE! Sale good through Sunday, May 31st, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale! “MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry gives you all the features of a MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test, and adds a whole new dimension with insights into your genetic risk for developing certain conditions. Explore your ethnic origins, find new relatives, and gain valuable health insights to empower you and your family. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of people around the world.” Regularly $199, now just $99! Sale valid through Sunday, May 31st, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA UK: MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale for UK customers! MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only now just £39! VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA Australia: MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale for Australia customers! MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only now just $66 AUD! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogical Publishing Company: Save 20% on ALL PRODUCTS at Genealogical Publishing Company during the Memorial Day Sale! Welcome to our annual Memorial Day Sale! From today through 11:59 PM EDT, Monday May 25th, 2020, you can order any product available at a discount of 20% off the current selling price of the books(s) of your choice. To take advantage of this special holiday discount, simply add the special promo code MDS20 in the Discount Coupon Redemption Box on the Payment Information page of the check-out process.
SAVE on titles that are almost NEVER on sale!:
- The acclaimed new textbook, How to Find Your Family History in U.S. Church Records, by Sunny Morton and Harold Henderson.
- Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards, edited by Elizabeth shown Mills and consisting of 26 chapters written by 22 leading experts.
- The spectacular 4th edition of Val Greenwood’s Researcher’s Guide to American Genealogy, the best textbook in the field.
- Perennial favorites, such as: Thorndale and Dollarhide’s Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 and Evidence Explained. Citing Historical Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace. Third Edition Revised, by Elizabeth Shown Mills.
- The more than 40 topics in our Genealogy at a Glance series of laminated research aids covering, among others, Scots-Irish, U.S. Census, Genetic Genealogy Basics, and most recently Eastern European Jewish and Pennsylvania genealogy.
- Or, any of the 2,000 Genealogical Publishing Company or Clearfield Company books on our website!
Make this Memorial Day celebration one for the record books! Remember, you can use your special MDS20 discount code as many times as you like, so long as you place your final order by 11:59 PM EST, Monday, May 25th, 2020! FREE SHIPPING on ORDERS OVER $50! VIEW DETAILS
Family History Fanatics: Create your own Book Bundle at Family History Fanatics and SAVE! Select three (3) titles from the list below and get them for just $25! And shipping is FREE!
- Downsizing With Family History in Mind (NEW RELEASE!)
- DNA Q&A: Real Questions From Real People About Genetic Genealogy
- Reimagine Family History
- A Recipe for Writing Family History
- Power Scrapbooking
- Family History Scrapbooking Simplified
- From Metal to Rhinestones: A Quest for the Crown
- How to Fail English With Style
This is an AMAZING sale and a good way to expand your genealogy library. Sale valid through Sunday, May 31st. Prices vary based on your location (shipping is higher for non-US destinations). VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save 50% on an Annual Subscription at Fold3 and get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names) in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785? Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95, you pay just $39.95! VIEW DETAILS
*Offer ends May 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM MT. Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $39.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer.
- MyHeritage: Having trouble finding success with your genealogy research? Ready to make the leap to MyHeritage? Here’s a way to try MyHeritage Complete for FREE and also save 50%! – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: Save 90% on iDrive 2TB automatic backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! UPDATE: now you can add your own METADATA to images and documents using Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Sale valid through May 31st, 2020. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- EXTENDED! QromaScan: Save up to 50% on Qroma products to tag and organize your digital photos. “Forget the old way of typing field after field of metadata. QromaScan’s innovative Natural Language Tagging engine turns your voice recognized description into searchable photo metadata in seconds. Your tired fingers will love it!” Sale valid through May 31st, 2020 – VIEW DETAILS
Give the Gift of Family History
- Amazon: Save 50% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $37.99! VIEW DETAILS
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.