Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, February 3rd, 2019
UPDATED 7:00 am CST, Sunday, February 3rd, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! Sale valid through February 14th, 2019. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Get Organized!
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History</a
- MyHeritage: Early Valentines Day Sale begins with MyHeritage DNA just $59 USD, 59£ UK, $79 CAD, $89 AUD and $89 NZD! PLUS free shipping when you purchase two or more MyHeritage DNA kits! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- AncestryDNA US: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- AncestryDNA UK: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just £79 – VIEW DETAILS
- Family Tree DNA: Family Finder DNA test kit – autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – just $79 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- Living DNA: Save 30% during Living DNA New Year’s Sale! Regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports at Vitagene. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- Family Tree Magazine: New Edition! The Family Tree Problem Solver: Tried-and-True Tactics for Tracing Elusive Ancestors by Marsha Hoffman Rising available for pre-order! “Has your family history research hit a brick wall? This revised edition of The Family Tree Problem Solver includes new guides to record hints from genealogy websites and DNA results from companies like AncestryDNA. Plus, you’ll find a glossary of genealogy terms and case studies that put the book’s advice into action.” – VIEW DETAILS
- Family Locket: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide. Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 18% on Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills. Regularly $59.95, now just $49 USD, plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 80% on World War I Genealogy Research Guide: Tracing American Military and Non-Combatant Ancestors! Regularly $14.99 USD print version, get the Amazon Kindle version for just $2.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 90% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger. “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.” – VIEW DETAILS
- Hack Genealogy: Save 25% on GEDMatch and Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches Boot Camp on Saturday, February 16th, 2019! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Six Feet Under Down Under – Cemetery records in Australia presented by Jill Ball, Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 1:00 pm Central – “At the establishment of the Colony for a long time no piece of ground was set apart for a Burial place. Persons buried their dead in one place and some in another… Prisoners who had no friends were buried without coffins” Rev. Samuel Marsden, letter to Archdeacon Scott, November 1827. After a discussion of the history of burial practices of indigenous and early European arrivals in the colony of New South Wales we will explore the development of cemeteries, crematoriums and memorial parks down under. We will discuss current legislation regulating burials and cremation and look at some current trends, practices and statistics for burials in Australia. The major focus of the webinar will be on resources available for locating details of people who were buried or cremated in Australia since European settlement in 1788. We will examine a range of free and subscription print and online resources that provide such details.” Click HERE to register for FREE via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Family Locket: Save over 20% on Research Like a Pro E-course! “Could you use some structure in your genealogy research? Do you need help breaking down your brick walls? Take our Research Like a Pro eCourse to learn how to analyze records, make a research plan, keep a research log, and write a report. Watch eight webinars recorded by Diana Elder, AG. Take quizzes, listen to our free podcast, and read chapters from the book. Join our private Facebook community to share your assignments and receive feedback. Check in during our monthly live “Ask Diana” office hours to get help in a group setting. The e-Course will give you the extra boost you might need in your research efforts. You’ll be able to work at your own pace and still receive valuable assistance along the way.” Regularly $125.00 USD, you pay just $99.00 USD! Sale valid through February 5th, 2019 – VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: FREE ACCESS to Black History Collection during Black History Month! Whether you’re searching for your ancestors or looking for primary documents to help with other research, the Black History collection gives you access to more than a million documents, records, and photos that help to capture the African-American experience during five eras of American history: Slavery, The Civil War, Reconstruction & Jim Crow Laws, World War I & II, and the Civil Rights Movement. – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription at Fold3 with access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names), in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785. Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- The British Newspaper Archive: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTIONS with access to over 30 MILLION newspaper pages! There are three different packages to choose from:
- 12 Months – regularly, £6.67/mo, now just £4.67 /mo
- 3 Months – regularly, £8.64/mo, now just £6.05 /mo
- Monthly – regularly, £12.95/mo, now just £9.07 /mo
Use promo code BNA30MIL at at checkout if you do not automatically see the discount! Sale valid through February 13th, 2019 – VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
- QromaScan: Save up to 50% on QromaScan – Turn Your iPhone into a Scanning and Tagging Powerhouse! QromaScan products enabled you to quickly scan and tag your photos with iPhone in one step using voice recognition and your own descriptions. Save 25% on the QromaScan USB Bundle, save 45% on the Qroma Total Bundle, and save 50% on QromaTag for Mac OS. Sale valid through February 14th, 2019 – VIEW DETAILS
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! Sale valid through February 14th, 2019. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Larsen Digital: Save up to 50% on photo scanning at Larsen Digital with promo code THOMAS!
- 300 DPI = regularly 30¢ each, now just 14¢ each
- 600 DPI = regularly 45¢ each, now just 29¢ each
Save 10-15% on other scanning services including movie film, video tapes, audio tapes, film negatives, vinyl records and more! Sale valid through February 12th, 2019. – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $79.99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 72% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean! Save 70% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $29.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 25% on Seagate Expansion 4TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0. “Windows computers tend to perform better when their internal drives aren’t filled to the brim. That’s why Expansion Portable is here to help. Transfer, backup, and give that desktop or laptop the space it needs. Fast USB connectivity and drag-and-drop style make the whole process a no brainer.” – Regularly $119.99 USD, now just $89.99 USD – VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Wal-Mart: Save 32% on Personalized Fun Family History Pillow! This makes an amazing gift and a great way to mark special events in your family! Regularly $24.98 USD, now just $16.98 USD! FREE SHIPPING on orders over $35 USD and FREE IN-STORE PICKUP! – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Special price on Philip Whitney Metal Family Tree Picture Frames with 10 Hanging Photo Frames – a great gift! Only $38.99 USD! Also available in 6 frame configuration and with extra frames – VIEW DETAILS
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.