Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, January 13th, 2019
UPDATED 6:00 am CST, Sunday, January 13th, 2019
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: Save 19% on new edition of Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills – LINK
- NEW! Amazon: Save 80% on World War I Genealogy Research Guide: Tracing American Military and Non-Combatant Ancestors! – LINK
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Visualizing Information for Genealogists presented Margaret R. Fortier, CG, Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 7:00 pm Central – LINK
- NEW! Picture Keeper: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper! Get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $19.99 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes – LINK
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Get Organized!
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
DNA test kit prices have settled down with no real deep discounts – except on Groupon where some good deals can still be had!
- ENDING SOON! MyHeritage: Get MyHeritage DNA for just $69 USD during the MyHeritage New Year Sale! PLUS get FREE SHIPPING when you purchase 2 or more kits! – LINK
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA.
- AncestryDNA US: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $99 USD – LINK
- AncestryDNA UK: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just £79 – LINK
- Family Tree DNA: Family Finder DNA test kit – autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – just $79 USD – LINK
- Helix DNA / National Geographic: Save 40% on Geno 2.0 DNA test kit, regularly $99.95 USD, now just $59.99 USD via Groupon – LINK
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports atVitagene. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD.
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Get Organized in 2019 MEGA Collection from Family Tree Magazine! Regularly $434.86 USD, now just $79.99 USD! “Start Your New Year Off Right and Get Organized! 14 Resources — One Unbelievably Low Price” – LINK
- Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 61% on DYMO Label Maker! “Hand-held and sleek, with battery powered portability, the DYMO LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker is the perfect way to keep your home organized.” Regularly $45.89 USD, now just $17.88 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors.” Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! – LINK
- NEW! Amazon: Save 19% on Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills – “In 2001 twenty-three genealogists collaborated to produce the first-ever textbook outlining professional standards and practices in the discipline of genealogy. Edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills, the groundbreaking Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers & Librarians (ProGen) addressed not just genealogy sources but also strategies and analytical skills, best practices and standards for historical research, and how to conduct a genealogical business. It remains a go-to manual for genealogists. Now a new generation of genealogical educators have given the field an entirely new guide to the profession of genealogy–offering fresh insights and new specialties, grounded in more-solid standards and wider experiences and applications. In twenty-six chapters, written by twenty-two experts and edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills, Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards (ProGen PPS) is an invaluable resource for professional genealogists and students, as well as all family history researchers. “From genetic and forensic genealogy to ethics and contracts, business structures, marketing, writing, editing, and preparing books for press, ProGen PPS promises to inspire thought processes and ignite new discussions”(Billie Stone Fogarty, M. Ed. President, Association of Professional Genealogists).” Regularly $59.95, now just $48.63 USD, plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
- Amazon: Save up to 90% on The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! “The popularity of Family History has increased over the past five years due to TV shows like Genealogy Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, and Who Do You Think You Are? The ability to access records online has opened up the one time hobby for genealogy enthusiasts to the mainstream. While this is not a comprehensive guide to all things genealogy, it is a road map to help you on this journey of discovery, whether you are looking for your African Asian, European, or Jewish ancestry. The Family Tree Toolkit guides you on how and where to begin, what records are available both online and in repositories, what to do once you find the information, how to share your story and of course DNA discoveries.” Regular print price is $19.99 USD, Amazon Kindle price is just $1.99 USD! – LINK
- NEW! Amazon: Save 80% on World War I Genealogy Research Guide: Tracing American Military and Non-Combatant Ancestors! Regularly $14.99 USD print version, get the Amazon Kindle version for just $2.99 USD! – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Take your research on the go and save on the Best Genealogy Downloads including downloads under $5 USD! Includes genealogy guides, state research guides, and more! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 90% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger. “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.” – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 40% on Family Tree’s Guides to Making the Most of Ancestry.com book bundle! “Discover the secrets to Ancestry.com success and get the most out of your Ancestry.com subscription. With these two essential Ancestry.com resources, you’ll discover how to take advantage of what the world’s biggest genealogy website has to offer—and how to find answers to your genealogy questions within its billions of records.” Regularly $48.98 USD, now just $29.38 USD – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 60% on Ultimate Family Tree Charts Bundle! 28 Templates — One Low Price! Are you looking for ways to beautifully display your family history? Look no further than the Ultimate Family Tree Charts Bundle! These decorative trees won’t replace your working genealogy charts that cram in many generations of names and dates. Regularly $74.96 USD, now just $29.99 USD – LINK
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Visualizing Information for Genealogists presented Margaret R. Fortier, CG, Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 7:00 pm Central – “You have toiled over your client report. You have delved into the data, mined it for every iota of information, you have examined and evaluated your sources, analyzed and correlated your evidence, resolved any conflicts, and carefully crafted a narrative. Your report is accurate, but does your presentation compellingly tell the story? Does your work convincingly summarize the depth and breadth of your analysis? Are you using all the tools available to you to effectively communicate with your clients and engagingly present the story of their ancestors? This presentation will show how to use text and images effectively in client research and why it matters. Several examples will illustrate how to go from raw data to a polished, professional display of information.” Click HERE to register for FREE via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Hack Genealogy: Save on Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp! Register now for this ONLINE event on January 19th with DNA expert Mary Eberle and moderated by Thomas MacEntee and save $6 USD! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD! – LINK
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
Fold3: Save 40% during Fold3 12th Anniversary Sale! “Get access to everything on Fold3 – over 537 MILLION records – including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Plus millions of nonmilitary records
- City Directories
- Native American records
- 1860 & 1930 US Census
- Naturalization records
- Holocaust Collection
A one-year subscription, regularly $79.95 USD, is just $47.95 USD – that’s only $3.99 a month! – LINK
*NOTE: Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $47.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer. Offer valid through January 31st, 2019.
- NEW! Picture Keeper: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $19.99 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images!
- Amazon: Save 72% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean! Save 70% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $27.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Special price on Philip Whitney Metal Family Tree Picture Frames with 10 Hanging Photo Frames – a great gift! Only $38.99 USD! Also available in 6 frame configuration and with extra frames – LINK
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.