Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, July 14th, 2019
Amazon Prime Day – Tuesday, July 16th!
Also known as “Summer Black Friday” or “Christmas in July”, Amazon Prime Day has become the largest online shopping day ever! This year’s event starts on Monday, June 15th and runs through Tuesday, July 16th.
- What is Amazon Prime Day? Amazon Prime Members will have access to special deals and discounts starting at 12:00 am PDT on Monday, July 15th through 11:59 pm PDT on Tuesday, July 16th. Click HERE for a preview and a guide on how to save!
- Will there be DNA and genealogy items on sale? We can GUARANTEE that there will be a variety of items available for the family historian and genealogist including books, DNA test kits, office supplies, organization supplies and more!
- Do I have to be an Amazon Prime Member to save? For most of the promotions during Amazon Prime Day you MUST have an Amazon Prime Membership. You can pay $12.99 per month or save with an annual payment of just $119. Amazon Prime includes free music, photo storage, access to movies, and free 2-day shipping on most items! Also, there are special discounts for those with Medicaid or EBT cards. And students qualify for a special 6-month free trial and a rate of just $6.49 per month! Click HERE to get started with a free trial of Amazon Prime.
- Will there be sales at other vendors? YES. “Prime Day” has become an annual event for almost every online vendor offering an array of products. Check our listings below and watch for new listings right here at Genealogy Bargains starting tomorrow, Tuesday, July 15th!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Research Your Newfoundland Ancestors presented by Tessa Keough, Wednesday, July 17th, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “It was visited by the Vikings, became a British colony, and ended up as a Canadian province. Along the way it has been home to British, Irish, Spanish, Portuguese and French settlers, some of whom moved on to other parts of Canada and the United States. A bit of history, suggestions for researching online, and tips for making that research trip to “The Rock” if you have ancestors from Newfoundland.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
- Living DNA: Save $20 on Living DNA during Living DNA Summer Sale! Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. If you have British or Irish heritage, this test is a MUST since it shows you the ethnic breakdown by region. Regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD! Sale valid through July 31st. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 40% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit! “We’re excited to announce the launch of the MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry test, which offers new dimensions of genetic insight to enrich your life, enlighten you about your health, and help you make informed lifestyle choices. As a major expansion of our DNA product line, the MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry test includes dozens of personalized and easy-to-understand health reports. It also includes all of the features of the current MyHeritage DNA test (to be referred to from now on as the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test), including matching to relatives based on shared DNA, ethnicity estimates, a chromosome browser, and others.” Regularly $199, now just $119! VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Already tested with MyHeritage? UPGRADE your current results to the new MyHeritage Health + DNA and SAVE! Click HERE then login to your MyHeritage account. Click DNA and you’ll see a link to upgrade your current results for only $60! That’s 50% off the regular price of $120. Sale valid through July 15th, 2019. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save during the MyHeritage DNA Summer Sale! Get MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $59! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you purchase two (2) or more MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kits! Sale valid through Monday, July 15th! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- ENDS TODAY! Amazon: $5 eBook Credit when you spend $20 on eBooks! This offer is available for Amazon PRIME MEMBERS ONLY now through July 14th. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: NOW AVAILABLE . . . print version of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Lesser Used Records for Research in the Netherlands presented by Yvette Hoitink, CG, Tuesday, July 16th, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “The Netherlands has excellent records. Records of births, marriages, and deaths were kept by the civil registration since 1811 and by churches since the early 1600s. Genealogists who don’t look beyond these records may create trees that go back ten generations, but they can be bare or have mistakes. By expanding the research to lesser used sources, we can learn more about our ancestors’ lives and find evidence of family relationships to build reliable conclusions. Using examples from her own research, Yvette will demonstrate how to find and use court, notarial, military, and cadastral records, and other records you may not have used before. Find out if your Dutch ancestors owned property, what their occupations were, or even what they looked like. See them in the context of their families and associates, and understand their roles in the communities where they lived.” VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold 3: FREE ACCESS to Revolutionary War Records at Fold3! “To commemorate Independence Day, Fold3 is providing free access* to our Revolutionary War Collection July 1–15. We continue to offer everyday free access to our Constitutional Convention Records, Continental Congress Papers, George Washington Correspondence, and other archives from the founding of our nation! See the original manuscripts written with quill and ink by our founding fathers. Our Revolutionary War collection contains 22 collections with almost 5 million records!” Free access through Monday, July 15th – click HERE for access – via Fold3
*Access to the records in the featured collections will be free until July 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Free access requires registration for a free Fold3 account. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Fold3 membership.
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! UPDATE: now you can add your own METADATA to images and documents using Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Sale valid through July 15th, 2019. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $59.99 – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 73% on SanDisk Cruzer 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, regularly $39.99, now just $10.99! – VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- ENDS SOON! Celebrate DNA: Special Summer Edition Celebrate DNA T-Shirt showing off your DNA ethnicity . . . less than $22 when you use code JULY10 at checkout! Enter your ethnicity results from a recent DNA test, then select White or Navy and you’ll have a special customized Celebrate DNA t-shirt in no time! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 47% on Klikel Family Tree Display at Amazon! – If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames priced at just $39.99! – VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.