Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Thursday, January 3rd, 2019
UPDATED 4:00 am CST, Thursday, January 3rd, 2019
HANGOVER SALE! Family Tree DNA has EXTENDED its Holiday Sale a few more days PLUS don’t forget to enter the Amazon $100 Gift Card Giveaway!
NEW Genealogy Bargains!
- NEW! Amazon: Save 19% on new edition of Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills – LINK
- NEW! Ancestry: Save 50% on US Discovery and World Explorer memberships at Ancestry! – LINK
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE RECORDING DNA Rights and Wrongs: The Ethical Side of Testing, presented by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL – LINK
- NEW! Qroma: Save up to 50% on Qroma products including Qroma Tag, an amazing new way to use your voice to tag and organize digital photos! – LINK
Enter the Get Your Genealogy Stuff Organized Contest!
Enter the Amazon $100 Gift Card Giveaway at Genealogy Bargains this week and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card to use to get organized and declutter! We’ll select one (1) winner on Monday, January 7th, 2019 and announce the winner over at our Facebook page.
IMPORTANT: You get more entries if you follow us and like our Facebook page, and check out the deals at DNA Bargains! The winner will receive the following: One (1) Amazon Gift Card $100
This prize package is valued at $100 USD and you could win if you enter by 2:00 am CST on Monday, January 7th, 2019. Click HERE to enter!
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Get Organized!
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
New year and new prices for DNA test kits! Expect to see a few New Year’s sales, but for the most part prices should level back to their normal full price for the next few weeks. There are still a few “hangover” deals available today!
- FINAL DAY! Family Tree DNA: Family Finder only $49 USD during Family Tree DNA Holiday Sale! Huge discounts on Y-DNA, mtDNA and bundles too! Sale extended through Thursday, January 3rd – LINK
- 23andMe: While the 23andMe Ancestry Service test is set at its regular price of $99 USD on its website, you can save 30% and get FREE SHIPPING if you purchase the same test on Amazon . . . you pay just $69 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA.
- AncestryDNA US: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $99 USD – LINK
- AncestryDNA Canada: Boxing Week Sale at AncestryDNA Canada Canadian residents get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $79 CAD! You save $50 CAD off the regular price! – LINK
- AncestryDNA UK: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just £79 USD – LINK
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports atVitagene. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD.
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! Sold separately, you would pay a total of $434.86 USD, now just $79.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
- Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors.” Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 61% on DYMO Label Maker! “Hand-held and sleek, with battery powered portability, the DYMO LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker is the perfect way to keep your home organized.” Regularly $45.89 USD, now just $17.88 USD! – LINK
- NEW! Amazon: Save 19% on Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills – “In 2001 twenty-three genealogists collaborated to produce the first-ever textbook outlining professional standards and practices in the discipline of genealogy. Edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills, the groundbreaking Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers & Librarians (ProGen) addressed not just genealogy sources but also strategies and analytical skills, best practices and standards for historical research, and how to conduct a genealogical business. It remains a go-to manual for genealogists. Now a new generation of genealogical educators have given the field an entirely new guide to the profession of genealogy–offering fresh insights and new specialties, grounded in more-solid standards and wider experiences and applications. In twenty-six chapters, written by twenty-two experts and edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills, Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards (ProGen PPS) is an invaluable resource for professional genealogists and students, as well as all family history researchers. “From genetic and forensic genealogy to ethics and contracts, business structures, marketing, writing, editing, and preparing books for press, ProGen PPS promises to inspire thought processes and ignite new discussions”(Billie Stone Fogarty, M. Ed. President, Association of Professional Genealogists).” Regularly $59.95, now just $48.59 USD, plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE RECORDING DNA Rights and Wrongs: The Ethical Side of Testing, presented by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL – “Whose permission is needed to test a child or an adult unable to consent? Who owns our DNA? What can we disclose about a cousin who has tested? The rules of the road for the ethical challenges facing genealogists interested in using DNA evidence as part of their family history research. Learn the ethical rules that can guide us through many if not most of the situations in which we as genetic genealogists find ourselves.” Click HERE to view for free through Tuesday, January 8th – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Hack Genealogy: Save on Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp! Register now for this ONLINE event on January 19th with DNA expert Mary Eberle and moderated by Thomas MacEntee and save $6 USD! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD! – LINK
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
- NEW! Ancestry: Save 50% on US Discovery and World Explorer memberships at Ancestry! This offer is for NEW MEMBERS* only! Save 50% on the US Discovery and the World Explorer 6-month subscriptions!
US Discovery 6-month subscription, regularly $99 USD, you pay just $49 USD. Click HERE to get started!
World Explorer 6-month subscription, regularly $149 USD, you pay just $74 USD. Click HERE to get started!
Offers end January 7, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offers available for new subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Offers only valid for 6‑month U.S. Discovery and World Explorer memberships. Billed in one payment of $49 for a 6-month subscription to U.S. Discovery or $74 for a 6‑month subscription to World Explorer. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory offer. If you don’t want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section or by contacting us. See our Renewal and Cancellation Terms for further details.
*Note: if you have NOT had an Ancestry membership in the past 90 days, you qualify as a “new member.” Purchase the membership, then contact Ancestry to have them connect your “new” membership to your “old” account login.
- FINAL DAY! Findmypast: FREE Tree Builder PLUS Save 50% on select subscription plans! Get access to over 2.7 BILLION records at Findmypast and find more about your family history – all at a 50% savings! – LINK
- NEW! Qroma: Save up to 50% on Qroma products to tag and organize your digital photos. “Forget the old way of typing field after field of metadata. QromaScan’s innovative Natural Language Tagging engine turns your voice recognized description into searchable photo metadata in seconds. Your tired fingers will love it!” QromaTag for macOS, regularly $49.99 USD, now just $25 USD; QromaScan USB Bundle, regularly $59.99 USD, now just $41.99 USD; Qroma Total Bundle, regularly $109.99 USD, now just $60.49 USD! Sale valid through Monday, January 7th – LINK
- Picture Keeper: Save up to 72% on Picture Keeper! Get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $16.99 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid through Monday, January 7th – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.