Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, January 1st, 2019
UPDATED 4:00 am CST, Tuesday, January 1st, 2019
Is the camera crew from Hoarders huddled outside your office window? Is it time to FINALLY get your genealogy stuff organized? We’ve got you covered here at Genealogy Bargains with savings of up to 82% on the products, books and webinars you need to get started!
NEW Genealogy Bargains!
- NEW! Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher! – LINK
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 20% on the Best Family History Projects eBook with promo code PROJECT20 – LINK!
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection – LINK
- NEW! Picture Keeper: Save up to 72% on Picture Keeper! Get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $16.99 USD! – LINK
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Get Organized!
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
New year and new prices for DNA test kits! Expect to see a few New Year’s sales, but for the most part prices should level back to their normal full price for the next few weeks. There are still a few “hangover” deals available today!
- 23andMe: While the 23andMe Ancestry Service test is set at its regular price of $99 USD on its website, you can save 30% and get FREE SHIPPING if you purchase the same test on Amazon . . . you pay just $69 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA.
- AncestryDNA US: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $99 USD – LINK
- AncestryDNA Canada: Boxing Week Sale at AncestryDNA Canada Canadian residents get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $79 CAD! You save $50 CAD off the regular price! – LINK
- AncestryDNA UK: Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just £79 USD – LINK
- Family Tree DNA: While the Family Finder test at Family Tree DNA is set at its regular price of $99 USD on its website, you can save 50% and get FREE SHIPPING if you purchase the same test on Amazon . . . you pay just $49.99 USD! – LINK
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports atVitagene. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD.
- NEW! Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – “This best-selling book by Drew Smith is perfect for your genealogy New Year’s resolutions of finally getting organized! “Stop struggling to manage all your genealogy facts, files, and data–make a plan of attack to maximize your progress. Organize Your Genealogy will show you how to use tried-and-true methods and the latest tech tools and genealogy software to organize your research plan, workspace, and family-history finds. In this book, you’ll learn how to organize your time and resources, including how to set goals and objectives, determine workable research questions, sort paper and digital documents, keep track of physical and online correspondence, prepare for a research trip, and follow a skill-building plan. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll make the most of your research time and energy and put yourself on a road to genealogy success.” Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – LINK
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! “If being an organized genealogist feels like a pipe dream, this collection is for you! This collection will provide a ton of tips and strategies on organizing all aspects of your genealogy – from setting goals and creating projects to setting up paper and digital organization systems, finding the best apps and tools to keep your projects on track, and even make more time for continuing your genealogy education, volunteering, and more. Each resource in this collection offers a different perspective and new tips that you can use to create an organization system that works for you.” Sold separately, you would pay a total of $434.86 USD, now just $79.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors.” Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 61% on DYMO Label Maker! “Hand-held and sleek, with battery powered portability, the DYMO LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker is the perfect way to keep your home organized.” Regularly $45.89 USD, now just $17.88 USD! – LINK
- NEW! Save 20% on the Best Family History Projects eBook at Family Tree Magazine! “These simple family history projects will help you use your research in new and exciting ways, with practical tips and strategies for publishing your genealogy in a report or blog, printing decorative family trees, saving your research in the cloud and more. You can also get the whole family excited about ancestry with this eBook’s family-friendly genealogy projects for kids.” Regularly $14.99 USD, you pay just $11.99 USD with promo code PROJECT20 at checkout! This sale is valid through Wednesday, January 2nd. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
- Hack Genealogy: Save on Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp! Register now for this ONLINE event on January 19th with DNA expert Mary Eberle and moderated by Thomas MacEntee and save $6 USD! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD! – LINK
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR DNA Rights and Wrongs: The Ethical Side of Testing, presented by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL, Wednesday, January 2nd, 1:00 pm Central – “Whose permission is needed to test a child or an adult unable to consent? Who owns our DNA? What can we disclose about a cousin who has tested? The rules of the road for the ethical challenges facing genealogists interested in using DNA evidence as part of their family history research. Learn the ethical rules that can guide us through many if not most of the situations in which we as genetic genealogists find ourselves.” Click HERE to register for free – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Researching in Australian Archives presented by Helen Smith, Tuesday, January 1st, 7:00 pm CST / Wednesday, January 2nd, 12:00 pm AEDT – “There are many Australian archives for research. From local council, town, State, Commonwealth, religious, business, organisational and more. Jurisdictional responsibilities changed over time, so it is important to know when and where your ancestor was to determine which archive might contain the records you need.” Click HERE to register for free – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
- Findmypast: FREE Tree Builder PLUS Save 50% on select subscription plans! Get access to over 2.7 BILLION records at Findmypast and find more about your family history – all at a 50% savings! – LINK
- NEW! Picture Keeper: Save up to 72% on Picture Keeper! Get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $16.99 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid through Monday, January 7th – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.