Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
LAST DAY for Amazon Prime Day!
Are You Getting the Most Out of Amazon Prime Day?
TODAY is the final day for the annual Amazon Prime Day Sale and if you’re not already a member or haven’t taken advantage of the sale, did you know you can …
- Share the cost of an Amazon Prime membership by adding multiple people to your “Amazon Household” which allows you to share the benefits of your membership? VIEW DETAILS
- Sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime membership and still get the Amazon Prime Sale prices? VIEW DETAILS
- May qualify for a discounted Amazon Prime membership as a student with a 6-month free trial? VIEW DETAILS
- Earn a $10 bonus when you upload $100 or more to your Amazon gift card balance for the first time? VIEW DETAILS
- Download the Amazon App and get a $10 credit when you sign in for the first time, and another $10 after your first in-app purchase. VIEW DETAILS
- Install the Amazon Assistant browser extension and get $10 off your first order of $50 or more, plus push notifications when items you like go on sale? VIEW DETAILS
- Earn a 6% rebate on your Prime Day purchases when using your Amazon Rewards Card (instead of the standard 2% rebate?)? VIEW DETAILS
Your Last Chance to Save 50% or More on DNA Test Kits during Amazon Prime Day Sales!
You can get a DNA test kit for genealogy (or for health purposes) at some of the lowest prices of the year right now during the Amazon Prime Day Sale! DON’T DELAY . . . you have until 11:59 pm PDT on Tuesday, July 16th to take advantage of these prices! And you MUST have an Amazon Prime membership (see below on how to get one for FREE!). Click HERE to view ALL of the DNA test kits on sale at Amazon!
|Get the popular 23andMe Health + Ancestry DNA test kit, regularly $199, now just $99! Includes FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY (for most locations) and FREE RETURNS! The 23andMe Health + Ancestry DNA test kit includes Ancestry Service PLUS more than 90 DNA-based online reports on Health Predispositions*, Carrier Status*, Wellness & Traits with just one test!
|Save an EXTRA 37% on FamilyTreeDNA’s Family Finder DNA test kit – the same autosomal test kit as AncestryDNA! Regularly $79, apply coupon and you pay just $49! Includes FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY (for most locations) and FREE RETURNS! FamilyTreeDNA’s Family Finder test provides powerful interactive tools to help find your DNA relatives, trace your lineage through time and determine family connections.
AncestryDNA + Traits
|Get the world’s most popular personal DNA test kit – AncestryDNA and save 50%! Regularly $99, now just $49! Includes FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY (for most locations) and FREE RETURNS! AncestryDNA can trace your roots back to 500+ global regions and its new DNA experience gives you more precise geographic detail, in-depth historical insights, and more. AncestryDNA doesn’t just tell you which countries you’re from, but also can pinpoint the specific regions within them.
|Also get AncestryDNA + Traits and save 51%! Regularly $119, now just $69! Includes FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY (for most locations) and FREE RETURNS! This is the same AncestryDNA test kit above PLUS lets you discover 26 of your most interesting personal traits.
Living DNA just $69
MyHeritage DNA just $59
|Save $30 on Living DNA 3-in-1 DNA test kit! Regularly $99, now just $69! Includes FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY (for most locations) and FREE RETURNS! Living DNA includes 3 different DNA tests and explores not just your family line ancestry, but also your direct motherline and direct fatherline if you are male!
|Save $20 on MyHeritage DNA! Regularly $79, now just $59! FREE DELIVERY and FREE RETURNS! Get the popular MyHeritage DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies.
HUGE SAVINGS on The DNA Guide for Adoptees
PRICE DROP! During Amazon Prime Day, the price for the print version and the Kindle version has dropped for The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett.
Print version, regularly $24.99, now just $19.99!
Kindle version, regularly $14.99, now just $9.99!
30% off WD 4TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive – just $89.99!
During Amazon Prime Day there are MANY external hard drives on sale from 1TB up to 10TB! Here’s just one example: WD 4TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive – USB 3.0, regularly $129.45, now just $89.99! This is sold DIRECTLY by Western Digital and Amazon which means no “sketchy” third-party sellers! VIEW DETAILS
Join Amazon Prime NOW for as low as $5.99 a month!
For most of the promotions during Amazon Prime Day you MUST have an Amazon Prime Membership. You can pay $12.99 per month or save with an annual payment of just $119. Amazon Prime includes free music, photo storage, access to movies, and free 2-day shipping on most items! Also, there are special discounts for those with Medicaid or EBT cards. And students qualify for a special 6-month free trial and a rate of just $6.49 per month! Click HERE to get started with a free trial of Amazon Prime.
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Family History Writing Tools
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
- Wal-Mart: Besides Amazon, Wal-Mart is getting in on the “Prime Day” sale action with its “The Big Save” sale . . . and they are the only vendor offering a discount on 23andMe’s Ancestry DNA test kit! Regularly $99.97, you pay just $79 plus get FREE SHIPPING! VIEW DETAILS
- Target: Have a Target card? They are offering 23andMe Ancestry DNA test kit 50% off – just $49 PLUS you get a $10 Target Gift Card for online purchases – basically you pay just $39.95! This is the COMPLETE test including lab processing – not the saliva collection kit! ENDS TUESDAY July 16th! VIEW DETAILS
LAST DAY! Save 40% on ALL COURSES at Research, Write, Connect with Family History Expert Lisa Alzo . . . use promo code JULY40 at checkout to claim your 40% savings!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Writer’s Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschool Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff III: Selling the Story, regularly priced at $169.00 USD, now just $101.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Mastering Scrivener (101), regularly priced at $179.00 USD, now just $107.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Finding Your Female Ancestors, regularly priced at $99.00 USD, now just $59.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
Sale valid through Tuesday, July 16th, 2019.
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Lesser Used Records for Research in the Netherlands presented by Yvette Hoitink, CG, Tuesday, July 16th, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “The Netherlands has excellent records. Records of births, marriages, and deaths were kept by the civil registration since 1811 and by churches since the early 1600s. Genealogists who don’t look beyond these records may create trees that go back ten generations, but they can be bare or have mistakes. By expanding the research to lesser used sources, we can learn more about our ancestors’ lives and find evidence of family relationships to build reliable conclusions. Using examples from her own research, Yvette will demonstrate how to find and use court, notarial, military, and cadastral records, and other records you may not have used before. Find out if your Dutch ancestors owned property, what their occupations were, or even what they looked like. See them in the context of their families and associates, and understand their roles in the communities where they lived.” VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Research Your Newfoundland Ancestors presented by Tessa Keough, Wednesday, July 17th, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “It was visited by the Vikings, became a British colony, and ended up as a Canadian province. Along the way it has been home to British, Irish, Spanish, Portuguese and French settlers, some of whom moved on to other parts of Canada and the United States. A bit of history, suggestions for researching online, and tips for making that research trip to “The Rock” if you have ancestors from Newfoundland.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
Save 50% on Picture Keeper 8GB USB Photo Backup and Storage Device for PC and MAC Computers
Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper 8GB USB Photo Backup system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Regularly $59.99, now just $29.99! VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $69.99 – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
Save Over 48% on Klikel Family Tree Display
If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $37.95 with coupon! – VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.