Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
- FREE WEBINAR Should You Take the Hint? Automatic Record Hinting on the Giant Genealogy Websites presented by Sunny Morton, Wednesday, July 24th, 2019, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “Become a more savvy user of automated record hinting technologies on Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, Findmypast.com and MyHeritage.com when you learn from an industry insider how these technologies work—and their limitations. See crucial differences between record hints and your own search results. Learn how accurate hints are and how to determine whether a particular hint is a match. Finally, what do you do when you run out of hints for your relative on your favorite genealogy website?” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Irish Roots Magazine: Make progress on your Irish genealogy research with Irish Roots Magazine! “Irish Roots magazine is an imperative resource tool for all those endeavouring to trace their Irish ancestors. Our quarterly publication is filled with powerful and practical articles written by Ireland’s leading genealogists. Irish Roots is geared toward everyone with an interest in Irish ancestry and heritage, from the budding family history enthusiast to the more experienced genealogy researcher. We are delighted that Irish Roots magazine continues to successfully help thousands of readers worldwide to piece together their fractious Irish ancestry. ” VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
- Amazon: Save $20 on Family Tree DNA Family Finder DNA test kit – now just $59! The Family Finder DNA test kit from Family Tree DNA is the same autosomal test kit sold by AncestryDNA and other DNA vendors. Right now at Amazon, you can use a $20 off coupon and the final price at checkout is reduced from $79 to just $59! VIEW DETAILS
- Living DNA: Save $20 on Living DNA during Living DNA Summer Sale! Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. If you have British or Irish heritage, this test is a MUST since it shows you the ethnic breakdown by region. Regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD! Sale valid through July 31st. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 25% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit! “We’re excited to announce the launch of the MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry test, which offers new dimensions of genetic insight to enrich your life, enlighten you about your health, and help you make informed lifestyle choices. As a major expansion of our DNA product line, the MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry test includes dozens of personalized and easy-to-understand health reports. It also includes all of the features of the current MyHeritage DNA test (to be referred to from now on as the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test), including matching to relatives based on shared DNA, ethnicity estimates, a chromosome browser, and others.” Regularly $199, now just $149! BONUS: Get FREE SHIPPING when you order two or more MyHeritage Health + Ancestry DNA test kits! Sale valid through July 29th, 2019. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Already tested with MyHeritage? UPGRADE your current results to the new MyHeritage Health + DNA and SAVE! Click HERE then login to your MyHeritage account. Click DNA and you’ll see a link to upgrade your current results for only $60! That’s 50% off the regular price of $120. Sale valid through July 29th, 2019. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save during the MyHeritage DNA Summer Sale! Get MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $59! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you purchase two (2) or more MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kits! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: NOW AVAILABLE . . . print version of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 35% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine T. Bettinger! In this updated 2nd edition, “Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available to genealogists. This plain-English guide, newly revised and expanded, is a one-stop resource on genetic genealogy for family historians. Inside, you’ll learn what DNA tests are available, with up-to-date pros and cons of the major testing companies (including AncestryDNA) and advice on choosing the right test to answer your specific questions. For those who’ve already taken DNA tests, this guide will demystify and explain how to interpret DNA test results, including how to understand ethnicity estimates and haplogroup designations, navigate suggested cousin matches, and use third-party tools like GEDmatch to further analyze data.” Regularly $29.99, pre-order now for delivery on July 30th and you pay just $20.99! VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Introducing the MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry Test presented by MyHeritage Webinars, Ofer Karp, Tuesday, July 23rd, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “Discover how your genes affect your health and explore the valuable insights you can gain from this latest addition to our DNA product line. The MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry test gives you dozens of personalized health reports that explain your genetic risk for developing certain conditions, and tell you whether you’re a carrier for hereditary conditions that can potentially be passed on to your children.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90 USD! The regular price is $119.40 USD and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
IT’S BACK! Larsen Digital: HUGE Summer Sale at Larsen Digital Services – was so popular earlier in July that we brought it back! Right now through July 31st, you can save up to 40% on slide and negative scanning at Larsen Digital. See details below and make sure you use the special PROMO CODE to claim your discount!
Save 15%* on Other Scanning Services at Larsen Digital
Besides slide and negative scanning, Larsen Digital can scan items such as photos of any size, home movies, VHS tapes (and BetaMax too!), Audio tapes and even Vinyl Records!
Use promo code THOMAS15 to take 15% Off on:
- Stereo Slides
- Large Format 4×5 Film
- 126 Slide & Negative
- 127 Format Slide
- APS Film
- Medium Format 120/220
- 110 Slide & Negative
- Movie Film
- Video Tapes
- Audio Tapes
- Audio Reels
- Vinyl Records
- Scrapbook Pages
Click HERE to get started and don’t forget you can always call Larsen Digital at 800-776-8357 for help . . . and don’t forget to mention your promo codes to save!
*Sale valid through July 31st, 2019. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes or discounts.
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! UPDATE: now you can add your own METADATA to images and documents using Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Sale valid through July 31st, 2019. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
Amazon: Save 58% Picture Keeper 8GB USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Regularly $59.99, now just $29.99! VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $69.99 – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 30% on WD 4TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive – USB 3.0, regularly $129.45, now just $89.99! This is sold DIRECTLY by Western Digital and Amazon which means no “sketchy” third-party sellers! VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Toss ‘n Talk-About Family History Ball – perfect for your next family reunion or holiday! “Nothing leaves a deep and lasting impression like family memories. Tap into this well of reminiscence with our new conversation ball, featuring open-ended questions and discussion prompts like inch why did you choose your children’s names” and inch describe a typical family dinner.” the 24 inch ball is perfect for one-on one sessions or Group activities. Easily adapted for all age and functioning levels. Includes a handy activity sheet with Ideas for play and a repair patch.” This fun family history item is just $11.37! VIEW DETAILS
- EXTENDED! Celebrate DNA: Special Summer Edition Celebrate DNA T-Shirt showing off your DNA ethnicity . . . less than $22 when you use code JULY10 at checkout! Enter your ethnicity results from a recent DNA test, then select White or Navy and you’ll have a special customized Celebrate DNA t-shirt in no time! Sale valid through July 31st. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 48% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $39.95! – VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.