Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, April 1st, 2020
FEATURED Genealogy Bargains
NEW! SK Translations: Save 15% on Old German Handwriting Online Course! I’m proud to announce that I’ve partnered with Katherine Schober of SK Translations to promote AMAZING online courses on Old German Handwriting that she has developed. Now you can save 15% on Reading the Old German Handwriting course when you use the promo code ANCESTORS45 at checkout! Sale valid through Sunday, April 5th. VIEW DETAILS
- Level 1: How to Read the Alphabet of the Old German Handwriting. Learn to Recognize the Individual Letters of the Old German Script VIEW DETAILS
- Level 2: Recognizing the Most Important Vocabulary in the Old German Script If you know the words, it all gets easier! VIEW DETAILS
- Level 3: Deciphering Records in German Genealogy Practice Vital Records, Church Records, and Letters to Improve Your Deciphering Skills VIEW DETAILS
SAVE when you bundle ALL THREE courses! Regularly $129 per course, enroll in the ENTIRE SERIES for just $319! And with promo code ANCESTOR45 your final cost is just $274!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Amazon: Get a $5 Ebook Credit at Amazon – Great for Genealogy Books! Get a $5 Ebook Credit at Amazon – Great for Genealogy Books! VIEW DETAILS
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: Save 79% on McAfee Total Protection, 3 Device, Antivirus Software, Internet Security, 1 Year Subscription! “Combats malware, hackers, would-be-fraudsters and more to protect your privacy, identity and, of course, your devices” Regularly $79.99, now just $16.99! VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! MyHeritage: FREE Ask the Expert Sessions from My Heritage! During these isolated times, MyHeritage has decided to offer a new 30-minute series to answer questions about genealogy as well as records and features available at MyHeritage. The “Ask The Expert” sessions will be conducted ONLINE and via GoToWebinar and offered for FREE! During April 2020, the Ask the Expert series will be offered twice a week -on Tuesdays and Thursdays – at 2:00 pm Eastern. Daniel Horowitz, Genealogy Expert at MyHeritage, will explain how to use a feature and then answer questions from the audience. All Ask the Expert sessions will be recorded and made available at the MyHeritage Education page (https://education.myheritage.com/). VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA during the MyHeritage Stay at Home Sale! Get the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $49! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits and standard shipping is FREE! Sale good through Thursday, April 30th. VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage Stay at Home Sale! “MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry gives you all the features of a MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test, and adds a whole new dimension with insights into your genetic risk for developing certain conditions. Explore your ethnic origins, find new relatives, and gain valuable health insights to empower you and your family. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of people around the world.” Regularly $199, now just $99! Sale valid through Thursday, April 30th, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! Amazon: Save 63% on Kindle version of The Lost Family: How DNA Testing Is Upending Who We Are “A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives. You swab your cheek or spit into a vial, then send it away to a lab somewhere. Weeks later you get a report that might tell you where your ancestors came from or if you carry certain genetic risks. Or the report could reveal a long-buried family secret and upend your entire sense of identity. Soon a lark becomes an obsession, an incessant desire to find answers to questions at the core of your being, like “Who am I?” and “Where did I come from?” Welcome to the age of home genetic testing. In The Lost Family, journalist Libby Copeland investigates what happens when we embark on a vast social experiment with little understanding of the ramifications. Copeland explores the culture of genealogy buffs, the science of DNA, and the business of companies like Ancestry and 23andMe, all while tracing the story of one woman, her unusual results, and a relentless methodical drive for answers that becomes a thoroughly modern genetic detective story.” Print version regularly $27, get the Kindle version for just $9.99! VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Research Assistance
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Give the Gift of Family History
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- EasyGenie™: Save 20% on ALL PRODUCTS at EasyGenie! We’ve brokered a special discount for fans and followers of Genealogy Bargains: Take 20% off any product at EasyGenie, your source for archival quality genealogy charts and forms. Choose from family tree charts, family group sheets, pedigree charts, and more! BONUS: Free shipping on orders over $10! Click HERE and use promo code GB20 to claim your savings! Sale valid through April 5th. VIEW DETAILS
Genealogical Publishing Company: EXCLUSIVE SALE! Save 20% on Evidence Explained and Professional Genealogy! Right now, through Friday, April 3rd, you can save 20% on these “must have” genealogy books! You must use promo code hdgem (lower case) at checkout to save 20%! VIEW DETAILS
- Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace. Third Edition Revised by Elizabeth Shown Mills. Evidence Explained is the definitive guide to the citation and analysis of historical sources–a guide so thorough that it leaves nothing to chance. While countless websites now suggest ways to identify their offerings, few of those address the analytical needs of a researcher concerned with the nature and provenance of web material, whose numerous incarnations and transformations often affect the reliability of their content. Regularly $59.95, now just $47.96! You must use promo code hdgem (lower case) at checkout to save 20%! VIEW DETAILS
- Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards
by Elizabeth Shown Mills. A new generation of genealogical educators have given the field an entirely new guide to the profession of genealogy–offering fresh insights and new specialties, grounded in more-solid standards and wider experiences and applications. In twenty-six chapters, written by twenty-two experts and edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills, Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards is an invaluable resource for professional genealogists and students, as well as all family history researchers. Regularly $59.95, now just $47.96! You must use promo code hdgem (lower case) at checkout to save 20%! VIEW DETAILS
And don’t forget that all orders $50 or more receive FREE SHIPPING at Genealogical Publishing Company!
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Betty Jeans Story – Forensic Genealogy, DNA and Adoption presented by Mags Gaulden, Wednesday, April 1st, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. Betty Jean was abandoned in Asheville, NC in 1927. All her life Betty Jean wanted to know who her parents were, but her search ended abruptly in the 1950s when she was shown her very empty files by a clerk at the courthouse. Until her cousin contacts her asking about some family papers. “You know I am adopted?” and the cousin answered, “you know, helping adoptees find their families is one thing my business does?” Follow along as we work the history, we find connections and ultimately find Betty Jean’s Family. Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars.
- SK Translations: FREE WEBINAR 5 Top Websites to Decipher the German Handwriting on Thursday, April 2nd, 2020 at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12:00 pm Central / 11:00 am Mountain / 10:00 am Pacific. “Does the old German handwriting seem overwhelming? An obstacle insurmountable in your German genealogy journey? If so, it’s time to learn the top online resources that make deciphering that script much easier! Professional German genealogy translator Katherine Schober of SK Translations will show you the tools she uses every day to make working with those scary squiggles doable – and – dare we say it – actually kind of fun.” Reserve your your seat today – limited spots available! VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to US CENSUS RECORDS at MyHeritage! The 2020 U.S Census is currently underway and households across America are already responding over the internet, by phone, or by paper questionnaire. To mark this once-a-decade milestone, searching and viewing all of our U.S. census collections is completely free from March 29th until April 5th, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage: Having trouble finding success with your genealogy research? Ready to make the leap to MyHeritage? Here’s a way to try MyHeritage Complete for FREE and also save 50%! – VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Right now, the 8GB size, regularly $59.99, now just $24.99! VIEW DETAILS
Give the Gift of Family History
ENDS TODAY! Groupon: Save up to 88% on Custom Canvas Prints from CanvasOnSale! Upload your favorite vacation snapshots, family portraits, and other prized images and print them on gallery-wrapped, ready-to-hang canvases. Sale good through Wednesday, April 1st! VIEW DETAILS
- One 36×24″ Canvas Print (Shipping Not Included), regularly $219, now just $26!
- One 40×30″ Canvas Print (Shipping Not Included), regularly $269, now just $36!
- One 48×36″ Canvas Print (Shipping Not Included), regularly $399, now just $44!
- Two 36×24″ Canvas Prints (Shipping Not Included), regularly $438, now just $53!
- Two 40×30″ Canvas Prints (Shipping Not Included), regularly $538, now just $71!
- Two 48×36″ Canvas Prints (Shipping Not Included), regularly $98.99, now just $89!
Groupon: Save up to 93% Off 11″ x 8.5″ Personalized Hardcover Photo Books from Printerpix!* Get started on Mother’s Day gifts or stock up for your family reunion this summer! You can purchase the Groupon voucher NOW and then take 12 months to create your photo book! Sale valid through Wednesday, April 1st!
With this amazing offer at Printerpix you get your choice of:
- One 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $52.95, now just $4!
- One 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book PLUS FREE SHIPPING***, regularly $52.95, now just $13!
- Three 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $158.85, now just $13!
- Three 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book PLUS FREE SHIPPING***, regularly $158.85, now just $38!
- Twenty 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $1,059, now just $63!
- Shutterfly: Save up to 83% on 8″ x 8″ Hardcover 20-page Photo Books at Shutterfly! “Capture all your memories in a custom hard cover photo book with personal photos and a choice of styles, layouts, and captions.” IMPORTANT: You don’t have to create your photo book NOW . . . you have 120 days (4 months) to redeem the voucher at Shutterfly. Regularly $29.99, now just $5 . . . that’s 83% OFF! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 50% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $37.99! VIEW DETAILS
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.