Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, August 28th, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
- FamilyTreeDNA: Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at FamilyTreeDNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79, now just $59! VIEW DETAILS
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169, now just $129! Save $40! VIEW DETAILS
- Big Y-700 Test *: Big Y-700, intended for expert users, is our most advanced Y-DNA test. It analyzes ~100k SNPs and up to 700 short tandem repeats (STRs). Regularly $649, now just $499! Save $150! VIEW DETAILS
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199, now just $149! Save $50! VIEW DETAILS
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248, now just $178! Save $70! VIEW DETAILS
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278, now just $198! Save $80! VIEW DETAILS
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546, now just $387! Save $159! VIEW DETAILS
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Research, Write, Connect!: Save 40% on ALL COURSES during Back to School Sale! You’ve seen your own kids or perhaps grand kids off school, NOW is the time for YOU to go back to school too! Up your genealogy and family history game with DNA and writing courses from family history expert Lisa Alzo and Research, Write, Connect! Remember to use promo code LEARN40 at checkout to claim your 40% savings!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Writer’s Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschool Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff III: Selling the Story, regularly priced at $169.00 USD, now just $101.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Mastering Scrivener (101), regularly priced at $179.00 USD, now just $107.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Finding Your Female Ancestors, regularly priced at $99.00 USD, now just $59.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
Sale valid through Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019.
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
DNA Test Kits & Education
- Amazon: NOW AVAILABLE . . . print version of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 34% on The Family Tree Historical Atlas of Germany by James M. Beidler. “Delve into your German heritage! With these 100-plus full-color maps, you can view German border changes throughout the centuries, allowing you to find your German hometown and records of your German ancestors.” Print version regularly $34.99, now just $23.14! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 52% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – “This best-selling book by Drew Smith is perfect for your genealogy New Year’s resolutions of finally getting organized! “Stop struggling to manage all your genealogy facts, files, and data–make a plan of attack to maximize your progress. Organize Your Genealogy will show you how to use tried-and-true methods and the latest tech tools and genealogy software to organize your research plan, workspace, and family-history finds. In this book, you’ll learn how to organize your time and resources, including how to set goals and objectives, determine workable research questions, sort paper and digital documents, keep track of physical and online correspondence, prepare for a research trip, and follow a skill-building plan. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll make the most of your research time and energy and put yourself on a road to genealogy success.” Regularly $26.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: Save 50%* on the BEST VALUE in Genealogy Education – Legacy Family Tree Webinars Flash Sale! The BEST VALUE in genealogy education just got better this week! Save 50% on an annual membership at Legacy Family Tree Webinars and get access to almost 1,000 webinar recordings, special Members Only webinars, and almost 5,000 pages of syllabus materials! This is an EXCLUSIVE OFFER! Regularly $49.95, now just $24.98 when you use promo code THOMAS50 at checkout!* VIEW DETAILS
* This offer is only available to NEW MEMBERS of Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Using Teams with your Genealogy presented by Tessa Keough, Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “Have you heard of Microsoft Teams? Whether for an individual, your genealogy business, or any type of group effort (family history or specialized studies), Microsoft Teams might just be the communication and collaboration tool you have been looking for. Come learn how to use it with your genealogy.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Ancestry: Get FREE ACCESS to over 400,000 yearbooks at Ancestry! This week, August 27th through September 2nd, Ancestry is opening up its Yearbook Collection: “Yearbooks are one of those home sources, usually found in an attic or basement, which many people don’t think of as a family history source. While yearbooks may not provide information about the vital events that are usually associated with genealogical research, they do provide other information about individuals’ lives. This information helps place people in historical context as well as provides detail that helps turn individuals, sometimes only known by names and dates, into actual people.” VIEW DETAILS
*Users will be able to access the records in the featured collection for free until September 2, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using a paid Ancestry Membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collection, please click here.
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90! The regular price is $119.40 and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save 67% Picture Keeper 8GB USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Right now, the 8GB size, regularly $59.99, now just $24.99 plus save an extra $5 with special coupon – final price is $19.99! For the 16GB size, regularly $99.99, now just $79.99 plus save an extra $15 with special coupon – final price is $64.99!
- Evidentia: Save 15% on ALL items at Evidentia! “Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so! Regularly $29.99, you pay just $25.49. You must use HIDEFGEN at checkout! Offer good on all books and guides as well! – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Save 48% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $39.95! VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.