Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, May 20th, 2020
Today is Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 and we’ve got lots of new deals on DNA, genealogy and family history at GenealogyBargains.com!
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
NEW! MyHeritage: Join MyHeritage and genealogy author and expert Thomas MacEntee on Wednesday, May 20th at 2:00 pm EDT / 1:00 pm CDT for a Facebook LIVE session on Military Records!
How to Access Facebook LIVE Session: IMPORTANT! You MUST have a Facebook account to access this LIVE EVENT. First, click HERE or below and click LIKE to follow the MyHeritage Facebook Page. Then you will receive notifications of when the Facebook LIVE session begins.
Or click BELOW at or before 2pm Eastern /1pm Central today to access the session.
FREE Handout and Recording Available! A FREE 4-page handout will be available during the Facebook LIVE session as well as after the live event. In addition, the session will be recorded and made available for FREE. The access information for both the handout and recording will be posted here as soon as access is available.
“We will dive deep into MyHeritage’s military records consisting of 680 collections with 57,533,365 records and share top tips for using these valuable records for your family history research.”
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- NEW! Namecheap: Save up to 38% on Domain Name Transfers and up to 99% off Website Hosting! A sale like this doesn’t come along very often. If you currently have your domain or website hosted at GoDaddy, Network Solutions, or SiteHost (to name a few), these vendors will often AUTO-RENEW you at HIGH PRICES!
I’ve used Namecheap for over 10 years and I’m NEVER hit with a high renewal rate! Now is the time for you to get off of those platforms with slow speeds and outrageous fees. VIEW DETAILS
NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: A FREE Legacy Family Tree Webinar Each Day during May 2020!
- Today’s FREE WEBINAR at Legacy Family Tree Webinars is The Best Built-in Windows 10 Storage Hack by Marian Pierre-Louis – click HERE to watch!
“Legacy Family Tree Webinars wants to do its part to help genealogists across the world who are self-isolating at home right now. Providing free webinars in April was a great start but everyone is still at home and looking for things to do. So we’ve extended our daily free webinars through the month of May!” VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Research Assistance
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Give the Gift of Family History
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA during the MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale! Get the MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $39! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits and standard shipping is FREE! Sale good through Sunday, May 31st, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale! “MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry gives you all the features of a MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test, and adds a whole new dimension with insights into your genetic risk for developing certain conditions. Explore your ethnic origins, find new relatives, and gain valuable health insights to empower you and your family. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of people around the world.” Regularly $199, now just $99! Sale valid through Sunday, May 31st, 2020. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA UK: MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale for UK customers! MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only now just £39! VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA Australia: MyHeritage Spring DNA Sale for Australia customers! MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only now just $66 AUD! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
Family History Fanatics: Create your own Book Bundle at Family History Fanatics and SAVE! Select three (3) titles from the list below and get them for just $25! And shipping is FREE!
- Downsizing With Family History in Mind (NEW RELEASE!)
- DNA Q&A: Real Questions From Real People About Genetic Genealogy
- Reimagine Family History
- A Recipe for Writing Family History
- Power Scrapbooking
- Family History Scrapbooking Simplified
- From Metal to Rhinestones: A Quest for the Crown
- How to Fail English With Style
This is an AMAZING sale and a good way to expand your genealogy library. Sale valid through Sunday, May 31st. Prices vary based on your location (shipping is higher for non-US destinations). VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Timesaving Apps for Busy Genealogists presented by Lisa Alzo, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “So many ancestors; so little time.” If you find yourself repeating this mantra, come learn about the best timesaving apps and tools to help you get a handle on those backed-up research or photo-scanning projects, society meetings and conferences, and never ending “to-do” lists! Session will include a broad review of online tools, as well as apps for Android and iPhone/iPad platforms. Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars.
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save $20* on an Annual Subscription at Fold3 and get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names) in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785? Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95, you pay just $59.95! VIEW DETAILS
*Offer ends May 31, 2020 at 11:59PM MT. Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $59.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer.
- MyHeritage: Having trouble finding success with your genealogy research? Ready to make the leap to MyHeritage? Here’s a way to try MyHeritage Complete for FREE and also save 50%! – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: Save 90% on iDrive 2TB automatic backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
- Vivid-Pix: Save 20% on Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Restore scanned prints, slides, documents, and digital camera images in seconds. You can even use Vivid-Pix RESTORE in scanned documents . . . Allen County Public Library does! UPDATE: now you can add your own METADATA to images and documents using Vivid-Pix RESTORE! Sale valid through May 31st, 2020. Use promo code 3GBargainsSAVEBT at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- EXTENDED! QromaScan: Save up to 50% on Qroma products to tag and organize your digital photos. “Forget the old way of typing field after field of metadata. QromaScan’s innovative Natural Language Tagging engine turns your voice recognized description into searchable photo metadata in seconds. Your tired fingers will love it!” Sale valid through May 31st, 2020 – VIEW DETAILS
Give the Gift of Family History
- Amazon: Save 50% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $37.99! VIEW DETAILS
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.