Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
- Ancestry: Introducing AncestryHealth®! “With new AncestryHealth®, you can discover how your DNA might influence certain health conditions—and the steps you can take with a healthcare provider to chart a healthier path forward.” Introductory price for AncestryHealth® is just $149! Existing AncestryDNA customers can order AncestryHealth® for just $49! VIEW DETAILS
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
DNA Test Kits & Education
DNA Boot Camp: Save 50% on all DNA Boot Camp Digital Downloads with DNA expert Mary Eberle produced by Thomas MacEntee! Save 50% off the regular price of $25.99 USD . . . you pay just $12.99 USD each! Use promo code FALL50 at checkout to claim your savings! Titles include:
Each digital download consists of two 90-minute recorded webinars, with Q&A periods, PLUS extensive handouts. Sale valid through October 31st, 2019.
And don’t forget this sale also applies to the new DNA Boot Camp Bundle! You get all 8 recorded DNA Boot Camps from 2017 through 2019 including the new What’s New in DNA Tools boot camp materials! Regularly $199.99 USD, you pay just $99.99 USD with promo code FALL50 – click HERE to save! Sale valid through October 31st.
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Finding Birth Families Using DNA Boot Camp! Adoption and unknown (or mis-attributed) parentage events—whether recent or in the past—can challenge genealogists. DNA can be a powerful tool for finding birth families. The first webinar will cover techniques and resources for this work. The second webinar will explore two case studies. This online education event is intended for people searching for their own biological parents and those with parents or ancestors who were adopted or otherwise have unknown parents. Join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for a LIVE 3-hour ONLINE boot camp on Saturday, October 19th! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: NOW AVAILABLE . . . print version of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save up to 52% on the NEW EDITION of The Family Tree Problem Solver: Tried-and-True Tactics for Tracing Elusive Ancestors by Marsha Hoffman Rising! “Has your family history research hit a brick wall? This revised edition of The Family Tree Problem Solver includes new guides to record hints from genealogy websites and DNA results from companies like AncestryDNA. Plus, you’ll find a glossary of genealogy terms and case studies that put the book’s advice into action.” Print version, regularly $24.99, now just $17.34– VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 78% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – “This best-selling book by Drew Smith is perfect for your genealogy New Year’s resolutions of finally getting organized! “Stop struggling to manage all your genealogy facts, files, and data–make a plan of attack to maximize your progress. Organize Your Genealogy will show you how to use tried-and-true methods and the latest tech tools and genealogy software to organize your research plan, workspace, and family-history finds. In this book, you’ll learn how to organize your time and resources, including how to set goals and objectives, determine workable research questions, sort paper and digital documents, keep track of physical and online correspondence, prepare for a research trip, and follow a skill-building plan. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll make the most of your research time and energy and put yourself on a road to genealogy success.” Regularly $26.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $5.99 USD! – VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Italian Civil Registration (Stato Civile): Going Beyond the Basics presented by Melanie D. Holtz, CG , Wednesday October 16, 2019, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “his lecture discusses some of the more advanced records within Italian civil registration: Allegati [birth, death, and marriage supplements/attachments], Cittadinanza [citizenship records] and Atti Diversi [Diverse Acts]. Students will learn how these records can help to fill in the details of an Italian families’ history as well as track them across Italy. and around the world.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Save 10% on Old German Handwriting Online Course! I’m proud to announce that I’ve partnered with Katherine Schober of SK Translations to promote AMAZING online courses on Old German Handwriting that she has developed. And right now, as an introductory offer, you can save 10% on ANY of the following courses when you use the promo code GERMAN10 at checkout! VIEW DETAILS
Research, Write, Connect: Save 40% on ALL COURSES during Family History Month! October is National Family History Month and are you ready to learn more about how to create lasting tributes of your ancestors? Up your genealogy and family history game with DNA and writing courses from family history expert Lisa Alzo and Research, Write, Connect!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Writer’s Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschool Edition, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff III: Selling the Story, regularly priced at $169.00 USD, now just $101.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Mastering Scrivener (101), regularly priced at $179.00 USD, now just $107.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Finding Your Female Ancestors, regularly priced at $99.00 USD, now just $59.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
Remember you MUST use promo code OCTOBER40 at checkout to claim your 40% savings! VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Fold3: Save 25% on a Fold3 Membership* and get access to military records, city directories and newspapers. Did you know that Fold3 has over 2 million pages (around 100 million names), in its City Directories Collection with records dating back to 1785. Before phone books came into the picture, many cities and towns published directories of their residents. Regularly $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD! VIEW DETAILS
*Offer available for new Fold3 subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $59.95 for a one-year subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-year offer.
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90! The regular price is $119.40 and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up to 67% on Picture Keeper USB Photo Backup! Worried about backing up all those scanned images? No worries with the Picture Keeper system which actually scans and FINDS your photos!
- EASE OF USE – Once the software is installed – Just click “Start Backup,” and relax as it does the work for you!
- ON-THE-GO – Anywhere, anytime. No internet required, bring it on your next remote island vacation!
- WORKS ON MOST COMPUTERS – MAC and PC Compatible with Free Software included!
- USE ON MULTIPLE COMPUTERS – Software knows where each backup left off. Once one Picture Keeper fills up, just plug in the second one and it continues where the other left off!
- PEACE OF MIND – Set backup reminders to keep all of your memories safe and secure
Also available in 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB sizes. Right now, the 8GB size, regularly $59.99, now just $29.99!
- iDrive: Save 95% on iDrive 5TB automatic backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 5TB cloud storage for just $3.48! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save up to 70% on SanDisk Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drives! The 32GB drive, regularly $17.99, now just $6.99! – VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Save 48% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $39.95! VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.