Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, September 4th, 2019
FEATURED Genealogy Bargain
NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: Joy Reisinger Memorial Lecture Series on Friday, September 6th, 2019 . . . an all-day series of six FREE webinars covering a variety of topics. Review the selection of webinars below and click HERE to register for FREE. Make sure you register for EACH webinar you want to attend.
These lectures are FREE, but seating is limited to the first 1,000 attendees and promises to fill up fast! Make sure you log in at least 15 minutes before start time! If you CANNOT attend the live events or the webinars fill up, DON’T WORRY! You can watch the recordings for FREE using the same registration link ABOVE through Thursday, September 12th.
- Reasonably Exhaustive Research: The First Criteria for Genealogical Proof presented by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG®, CGL℠, 11:00 am Eastern / 10:00 am Central / 9:00 am Mountain / 8:00 am Pacific.
- Finding Immigrants Who ‘Disappeared’: A Research Approach Based on Recognizing and Challenging Assumptions presented by Martha Garrett, PhD, CG®, 12:15 pm Eastern / 11:15 am Central / 10:15 am Mountain / 9:15 am Pacific.
- Share and Share Alike: The Rules of Genealogical Privacy presented by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG®, CGL℠, 1:30 pm Eastern / 12:30 pm Central / 11:30 am Mountain / 10:30 am Pacific.
- Details of New and Modified DNA-Related Standards presented by Karen Stanbary, CG®, 3:30 pm Eastern / 2:30 pm Central / 1:30 pm Mountain / 12:30 pm Pacific.
- How to Write a Case Study that Meets the New Standards for DNA: As Codified by the Board for Certification of Genealogists presented by Melinda Henningfield, CG®, 4:45 pm Eastern / 3:45 pm Central / 2:45 pm Mountain / 1:45 pm Pacific.
- Reconstructing an Entrepreneurial Woman’s Life: From Family Intrigue to Water Rents presented by Rick Sayre, CG®, CGL℠, 6:00 pm Eastern / 5:00 pm Central / 4:00 pm Mountain / 3:00 pm Pacific.
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits & Education
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
DNA Test Kits & Education
- Amazon: NOW AVAILABLE . . . print version of The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to use genealogy and genetics to uncover your roots, connect with your biological family, and better understand your medical history by Brianne Kirkpatrick and Shannon Combs-Bennett. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Save 57% on The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! Regular print price is $19.99, now just $8.51! VIEW DETAILS
- Irish Roots Magazine: Save 40% on the new Autumn 2019 issue of Irish Roots Magazine! Regularly $4.42 USD, now just $2.66 USD! Irish Roots magazine is the ‘go to’ genealogy and family history publication for tracing your Irish ancestors. IMPORTANT! To see the price in your local currency click on the drop down menu opposite the checkout tab. The price will revert to euros for checkout. The discount will show up on the ‘PROCEED TO CHECKOUT’ page. Sale valid through September 28th. VIEW DETAILS
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Combining DNA and Traditional Research – In-Depth Case Studies presented by Michelle Leonard, Wednesday, September 4th, 2019, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. “DNA testing has exploded onto the genealogy scene in recent years and is now one of the most important tools available to advance family tree research. In order to successfully use DNA testing for genealogy, however, it’s essential to combine it with traditional research. This presentation will concentrate on several in-depth case studies that demonstrate what can be achieved when you combine long-established research methods with DNA test results. These case studies will cover verification of family tree lines, the breaking of brick walls, the testing of hypotheses and the solving of hitherto unfathomable mysteries.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout – VIEW DETAILS
- Newspapers.com: Right now, Newspapers.com has an amazing offer if you use historical newspapers as part of your genealogy research! Get the Publishers Extra version of Newspapers.com for a six-month period for just $74.90! The regular price is $119.40 and this is a savings of 37% off that price – VIEW DETAILS
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Jumbl All-in-1 Film & Slide Scanner for 35mm Negative & Slides, 110, 126, Super 8 Films – now just $69.99 – VIEW DETAILS
- Legacybox: Save up to 59% on Legacybox photo/video/slide conversion kits via Groupon! Legacybox helps preserve the past by digitizing videotapes, film, and photos and transferring them to DVD, thumb drive, or digital download.
- $29.99 for a 2-Piece Starter Legacybox ($59.99 value)
- $119.99 for a 10-Piece Family Legacybox ($279.99 value)
- $224.99 for a 20-Piece Closet Legacybox ($549.99 value)
Click HERE to get started!
- Amazon: Save 25% on SanDisk Cruzer 256GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive! “Store and protect photos, videos, and important work files with the SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Flash Drive. Available in capacities up to 256GB (2), this USB flash drive comes with SanDisk SecureAccess software (1) to password-protect and encrypt sensitive files while permitting access to files you want to share. Plus, the sleek retractable design keeps the USB connector safe when the drive is not in use.” Regularly $37.36, now just $27.99! – VIEW DETAILS
- Evidentia: Save 15% on ALL items at Evidentia! “Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so! Regularly $29.99, you pay just $25.49. You must use HIDEFGEN at checkout! Offer good on all books and guides as well! – VIEW DETAILS
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! VIEW DETAILS
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Save 48% on Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames. If you are looking for a way to use your genealogy research and digitized family photos here is a great idea . . . a metallic family tree display from Klikel. While there are many other companies making similar products, the Klikel line are the BEST in terms of construction, durability, and design. My recommendation is to get the Klikel Family Tree Frame Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames regularly $76.15, now priced at just $39.95! VIEW DETAILS
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.