Finally Get Organized! Here’s how to make sense and order out of all your genealogy and family history STUFF!
I get it. I’ve been in the same situation with my years of genealogy research. And it is a never-ending battle to stay organized once you’ve tackled “the monster.” The new year is a great time to commit to organizing your genealogy and realize you need to take baby steps or you’ll be overwhelmed! Checkout our list of FREE Resources, some amazing deals related to getting organized PLUS enter our Amazon $100 Gift Card Giveaway!
FREE RESOURCES on Organizing Your Genealogy
It seems that “getting organized” and “decluttering” are hot topics these days. There are tons of resources available and it isn’t always easy to know which ones are worth your time and effort. Here at Genealogy Bargains we’ve come up with a curated list of FREE RESOURCES to get you started!
- 4 Genealogy Organization Tips To Magically Transform Your Research – Family Tree Magazine
- 4 Genealogy Organization Tips to Whip Your Research into Shape – Family Tree Magazine
- 8 Habits of Highly Organized Genealogists – Family Tree Magazine
- Family Tree Tips: 23 Secrets to Organize Your Genealogy – Family Tree Magazine
- Get Organized – American Ancestors
- How to Organize Your Genealogy Files: Taming the Paper Monster With Binders, Notebooks or Folders – Thought.co
- Managing the Genealogy Data Monster – Abundant Genealogy
- Organize Your Family History – website by Janine Adams, a certified professional organizer!
- Organizing Your Files – FamilySearch Wiki
- Project 4: Get Organized – The Family History Guide
- The Organized Genealogist – Facebook group
- Tips From the Pros: Baby Steps to Organize Your Genealogy – Family Tree Magazine
- Trello – FREE project management program – looks like Pinterest
BEST DEALS on Organizing Your Genealogy Books, Webinars and More!
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! “If being an organized genealogist feels like a pipe dream, this collection is for you! This collection will provide a ton of tips and strategies on organizing all aspects of your genealogy – from setting goals and creating projects to setting up paper and digital organization systems, finding the best apps and tools to keep your projects on track, and even make more time for continuing your genealogy education, volunteering, and more. Each resource in this collection offers a different perspective and new tips that you can use to create an organization system that works for you.” Sold separately, you would pay a total of $434.86 USD, now just $79.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
- Amazon: Save 50% on Organize Your Genealogy: Strategies and Solutions for Every Researcher – “This best-selling book by Drew Smith is perfect for your genealogy New Year’s resolutions of finally getting organized! “Stop struggling to manage all your genealogy facts, files, and data–make a plan of attack to maximize your progress. Organize Your Genealogy will show you how to use tried-and-true methods and the latest tech tools and genealogy software to organize your research plan, workspace, and family-history finds. In this book, you’ll learn how to organize your time and resources, including how to set goals and objectives, determine workable research questions, sort paper and digital documents, keep track of physical and online correspondence, prepare for a research trip, and follow a skill-building plan. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll make the most of your research time and energy and put yourself on a road to genealogy success.” Regularly $25.99 USD for the print version, Amazon Kindle version just $12.99 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors.” Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 61% on DYMO Label Maker! “Hand-held and sleek, with battery powered portability, the DYMO LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker is the perfect way to keep your home organized.” Regularly $45.89 USD, now just $17.88 USD! – LINK
- Picture Keeper: Save up to 72% on Picture Keeper! Get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $16.99 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid through Monday, January 7th – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images!
Enter the Get Your Genealogy Stuff Organized Contest!
Enter the Amazon $100 Gift Card Giveaway at Genealogy Bargains this week and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card to use to get organized and declutter! We’ll select one (1) winner on Monday, January 7th, 2019 and announce the winner over at our Facebook page.
IMPORTANT: You get more entries if you follow us and like our Facebook page, and check out the deals at DNA Bargains!
The winner will receive the following: One (1) Amazon Gift Card $100
This prize package is valued at $100 USD and you could win if you enter by 2:00 am CST on Monday, January 7th, 2019. Click HERE to enter!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.